Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #46 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Dublin, California
“Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Although this is a Marriott property, you would never know it- and I love Marriott! So after realizing this was a Marriott, I decided to try it out. It was very eclectic and fun! Great art everywhere and a very nice cozy/romantic feel. The staff was accommodating and we definitely saw that southern hospitality.

This hotel would have received all 5 stars but I did not feel like a valued Marriott guest. As a lifetime Marriott member, my rooms are always on the concierge level with certain amenities. This did not happen for the 5 night stay. My stay was in two reservations- I called a few days before check in to be sure that they did not assign us a different room after the first three day reservation. Then upon check in, I alerted the desk clerk to the second reservation, she did not see it, and she checked us in so the stay would be seamless. Well, after we returned on the third day, we were locked out of our room! The hotel was courteous, but this should have been avoided.

Overall- I definitely recommend this hotel. Don't expect the big Marriott, corporate version but a much more personable experience! But Grand Bohemian, don't forget us loyal Marriott customers.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel for only one night but we wish we could have stayed longer. We enjoyed the decor and the rooms were very large and comfortable. The rooftop pool was small but given that not many people seemed to use it (the hotel was close to capacity) it was plenty large enough. My only negative was that they could use a pool side service from the lobby bar (food and drink) and that the onsite parking is a bit high given that street parking is free on the weekends and there are other garages close by. This will be an excellent hotel to stay at once the new performing arts center opens.

Room Tip: Rooftop pool is on level 6. Know this in advance if you want to avoid the potential noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ajsiegel00
Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for business several times over the past few years and have been pleased with everything until this trip. With many many hotels in the Orlando area competing for travel dollars what made a difference here were the little things. For example, drink and breakfast service in the concierge lounge (now gone, only a few snacks and this morning there were no napkins, coffee or bottled waters). Also considering the lounge was closed for renovation you would think use of this lounge would have been a good alternative. Instead they had a makeshift lounge set up in the restaurant waiting area next to all the noise for renovation that was 90 degrees due to no air. To make things worse only one poor waitress was working a very crowded area while several we're working an empty restaurant standing around talking. The rooms are starting to show age as well albeit spotlessly clean. I am an elite Marriott member and gravitate to Marriott brands but will think twice about changing my August reservations. May be time for a change.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank DanLisah1998
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Please accept our sincerest apology for not meeting your expectation during your stay. Your feedback as a loyal guest is invaluable and will help us fine tune our service. We have completed the 48hr renovation and our new lounge looks amazing! I hope you will return and be able to enjoy it.
Courchevel
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

A very good place for couple .
The hotel is beautiful and rooms too .
Staff serve us a chocolate moelleux at the bar for our wedding night and when we came back in our room we saw a sparkling bottle and some chocolate .
Thanks !
The pool was good but smaller than we can saw on picture .

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Miami
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is like another world when you walk into it ! Francheska and Phillip are superb front desk agents ! I got to my room and the room was by far the most romantic rooms I have ever seen. The pictures on the wall look kind of haunted. The pros would be staff. Rooms are very clean. I came in my room and my stuff was very organized. I took photos for proof .My housekeeper natasha left a card on my bed and I got a 15% off breakfast meal in the restaurant downstairs. Very pleased with the food it was delicious. The cons would be it's ridiculous paying for parking and wifi. As if these people don't make enough money selling out $250 a night . Mind you the location of this hotel is horrible . It's in the edge of downtown. You can't sleep with all the traffic and construction outside . But all in all a beautiful hotel but I wouldn't stay at it again.

• Stayed July 2014
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

From the minute the valet serviceman opened the car door we felt like VIPs. Staff is great from the reception desk to the lounge. Decor and rooms are very romantic and remind you of an era gone by that you wish would return. Lots of fun restaurants within easy walking distance but the best part is the Bohimien!

Room Tip: We didn't get the king size bed we requested but the desk person comped the wifi. Having said th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Walking in to this hotel is like taking a step into somewhere I haven't been before. There is modern art EVERYWHERE, originals, and you kind of feel like you are sleeping in a museum. The people are super sweet, and I will come back to see them again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#110 of 339 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!