“Prestigious and Romantic Getaway”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #41 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Prestigious and Romantic Getaway”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I took my husband here for his Birthday. From beginning to end it was romantic and debonair. You really feel like you are royalty while staying here. When calling the front desk, you will not even here a ring, the phone is answered that quickly. Any service I requested was completed within 5 minutes. The restaurant was luxury from top to bottom. Thank you Pedro for adding to our experience. I would highly recommend to enjoy their brunch in the morning. The variety and originality of the dishes were incredible. It was worth every penny and we enjoyed the breakfast over a 3 hr morning. Be sure to get the suite with the Jacuzzi...Thank you to Danielle at the front desk for making this a perfect stay. She remembered our names and made us feel like royalty.

Room Tip: King Suite with Jacuzzi
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

It's very rare that you meet an individual that is COMPLETELY DEDICATED to his job description and beyond as much as the concierge magician at the Grand Bohemian Orlando.
I have stayed at this particular hotel many times and have always had a good visit, without complications, and had the service I expected for a quality hotel. My last two visits have now changed my mind in a more upscale way!
Phillip at the concierge is a professional who is dedicated to making your stay at the hotel a memorable one. From suggesting and reserving the finest of restaurant reservations to taking the time to have a conversation and listen to your needs. Phillip makes everyone feel special and that is his intention and drive in life. His specific attention to detail and dedicated personal touch makes for a DIVALICIOUS stay that you will not regret!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Waldwick, NJ
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed her while visiting our son who lives downtown. It was very convenient. I really can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff from the valet to the front desk. The hotel was beautiful the food was very good little pricey but very good. The only thing I was disappointed with was the size of the pool it was only 3.5 " deep which made the whole pool hot it felt like a hot and not refreshing. It was very clean and the cabana was pretty. I had a few issues with housekeeping not coming to my ringtone 5 o'clock in the evening but when I called the front desk they took care of it immediately. My suggestion would be to have a mini fridge in the room there wasn't . They have minibar frig but be aware if you open the door it has a sensor and they will charge you if you touch anything in there and top draw is snacks too, it was a problem once again but it got rectified immediately. The valet was expensive but I guess that's what staying in the city is. I would definitely stay here again overall it was a very nice place.

Stayed August 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is very nice! It is decorated beautifully with different artwork. The room was nice and clean also. The bed was very comfortable. The location is perfect for the downtown Orlando area. I would definitely stay here again!

Dublin, California
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Although this is a Marriott property, you would never know it- and I love Marriott! So after realizing this was a Marriott, I decided to try it out. It was very eclectic and fun! Great art everywhere and a very nice cozy/romantic feel. The staff was accommodating and we definitely saw that southern hospitality.

This hotel would have received all 5 stars but I did not feel like a valued Marriott guest. As a lifetime Marriott member, my rooms are always on the concierge level with certain amenities. This did not happen for the 5 night stay. My stay was in two reservations- I called a few days before check in to be sure that they did not assign us a different room after the first three day reservation. Then upon check in, I alerted the desk clerk to the second reservation, she did not see it, and she checked us in so the stay would be seamless. Well, after we returned on the third day, we were locked out of our room! The hotel was courteous, but this should have been avoided.

Overall- I definitely recommend this hotel. Don't expect the big Marriott, corporate version but a much more personable experience! But Grand Bohemian, don't forget us loyal Marriott customers.

1 Thank Jackie L
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel for only one night but we wish we could have stayed longer. We enjoyed the decor and the rooms were very large and comfortable. The rooftop pool was small but given that not many people seemed to use it (the hotel was close to capacity) it was plenty large enough. My only negative was that they could use a pool side service from the lobby bar (food and drink) and that the onsite parking is a bit high given that street parking is free on the weekends and there are other garages close by. This will be an excellent hotel to stay at once the new performing arts center opens.

Room Tip: Rooftop pool is on level 6. Know this in advance if you want to avoid the potential noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ajsiegel00
Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for business several times over the past few years and have been pleased with everything until this trip. With many many hotels in the Orlando area competing for travel dollars what made a difference here were the little things. For example, drink and breakfast service in the concierge lounge (now gone, only a few snacks and this morning there were no napkins, coffee or bottled waters). Also considering the lounge was closed for renovation you would think use of this lounge would have been a good alternative. Instead they had a makeshift lounge set up in the restaurant waiting area next to all the noise for renovation that was 90 degrees due to no air. To make things worse only one poor waitress was working a very crowded area while several we're working an empty restaurant standing around talking. The rooms are starting to show age as well albeit spotlessly clean. I am an elite Marriott member and gravitate to Marriott brands but will think twice about changing my August reservations. May be time for a change.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank DanLisah1998
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Please accept our sincerest apology for not meeting your expectation during your stay. Your feedback as a loyal guest is invaluable and will help us fine tune our service. We have completed the 48hr renovation and our new lounge looks amazing! I hope you will return and be able to enjoy it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#87 of 338 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!