“Grand Bohemian Orlando”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #46 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
“Grand Bohemian Orlando”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Great Boutique Hotel with superior service. At the heart of Orlando; not near tourist town (Kissimmee). This is where the local crown would hang out. Very chic bar with a lot of local night life and restaurants. Walking distance to the Amway Arena, which is utilized for the Orlando Magic NBA team in addition to world famous entertainers. Special high remarks for Phillip in concierge and George at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Alachua
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel does have a sophisticated and romantic feel. Decorated in rich jewel tones with gentle music wafting through the property that relaxes the travel wherry. Rooms are lavish and luxuriously comfortable with huge floor to ceiling windows.
Only draw back was when we tried driving back to the hotel on a Saturday night to find the street blocked off. The valet had not mentioned any potential road blocks when we had left earlier. Took us an hour to get back to the hotel.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Currently staying here for work. Not sure if they allow pets but my room smells like animals. Had to buy fabrize but smell is too strong. Here for work and have a ton of work to do but the WiFi signal is horrible. Called the front desk yesterday and they make you call an 800 number that puts you through to a call center that is outside the US because I could not here or understand the tech guy. So with that being said, I am way behind with things so will have to get work done over the weekend when I leave here.

They obviously don't clean the rooms good. I ate room service last night and when I returned today, there are crumbs all over the floor where I ate. Check out the picture...

The staff is very friendly but just not good enough for me.

Won't be staying here again...

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David G
Amy D, Assistant Front Office Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear David G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered during your stay with us. Our team has been informed of the feedback and we are taking every action to ensure this does not affect our future guests. We take pride in everything we do and our guests’ feedback allows us an opportunity to review area of improvement since we did not meet your and our own expectations, this will be our priority.

We do hope you will give us another chance next time you are in downtown Orlando and have the true experience of our services.

Kind Regards,
Catherine Bwenge
Orlando, FL / Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Grand Bohemian is our go-to favorite.....close to the downtown action, most within walking distance.....even the Amway Arena for concerts & MAGIC basketball games....The food and lounge in the hotel are top-notch with live entertainment....

Room Tip: Get a concierge level room....great lounge! Get a room facing north overlooking the pool....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I took my husband here for his Birthday. From beginning to end it was romantic and debonair. You really feel like you are royalty while staying here. When calling the front desk, you will not even here a ring, the phone is answered that quickly. Any service I requested was completed within 5 minutes. The restaurant was luxury from top to bottom. Thank you Pedro for adding to our experience. I would highly recommend to enjoy their brunch in the morning. The variety and originality of the dishes were incredible. It was worth every penny and we enjoyed the breakfast over a 3 hr morning. Be sure to get the suite with the Jacuzzi...Thank you to Danielle at the front desk for making this a perfect stay. She remembered our names and made us feel like royalty.

Room Tip: King Suite with Jacuzzi
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

It's very rare that you meet an individual that is COMPLETELY DEDICATED to his job description and beyond as much as the concierge magician at the Grand Bohemian Orlando.
I have stayed at this particular hotel many times and have always had a good visit, without complications, and had the service I expected for a quality hotel. My last two visits have now changed my mind in a more upscale way!
Phillip at the concierge is a professional who is dedicated to making your stay at the hotel a memorable one. From suggesting and reserving the finest of restaurant reservations to taking the time to have a conversation and listen to your needs. Phillip makes everyone feel special and that is his intention and drive in life. His specific attention to detail and dedicated personal touch makes for a DIVALICIOUS stay that you will not regret!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Waldwick, NJ
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed her while visiting our son who lives downtown. It was very convenient. I really can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff from the valet to the front desk. The hotel was beautiful the food was very good little pricey but very good. The only thing I was disappointed with was the size of the pool it was only 3.5 " deep which made the whole pool hot it felt like a hot and not refreshing. It was very clean and the cabana was pretty. I had a few issues with housekeeping not coming to my ringtone 5 o'clock in the evening but when I called the front desk they took care of it immediately. My suggestion would be to have a mini fridge in the room there wasn't . They have minibar frig but be aware if you open the door it has a sensor and they will charge you if you touch anything in there and top draw is snacks too, it was a problem once again but it got rectified immediately. The valet was expensive but I guess that's what staying in the city is. I would definitely stay here again overall it was a very nice place.

Stayed August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#110 of 339 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!