“loved this hotel!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
miami
“loved this hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

I stayed in the executive suite and I was very impressed with the size of the room, the jacuzzi tub!! the bed was super comfortable! The staff was very very nice and friendly! The art work all around the hotel was fabulous! The pool area was very chic!! I recommend this hotel highly if you are staying in Orlando! I cant wait to go back!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

Its about time to move from idrive to Grand Bohemian, nice place, great service (except pool side) trying to help every time. Christina at sales office was great in assisting us in setting up a few days of training in their conference. I liked the service so much that i moved in for the remainder of my trip. The rooms are clean and generaly nice. Room service prices are reasonable as for previos posts about water...... Every hotel in the world that i stayed at ,that was rated us high was giving me same prices for bar and liquids.

East Lansing, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

The room was comfortable and the bedding a bit nicer than average. However the room was a bit worn out. Also, the persistent efforts at getting more cash out of us annoyed me. Water in the room for $5.95 a bottle. $12.95 a night for internet. Mandatory $21 per day valet parking plus tips every time. We were lucky to have breakfast included in the great rate from Travelocity but the desk was dubious and insisted on making a copy of the confirmation. I liked the breakfast staff and the food, but I'm glad I asked about it on check in and that I had my confirmation. The hot tub never worked while we were there.

It's cool to have art everywhere and the restaurant is pretty nice for breakfast. Very convenient to downtown and certainly not trashy cheap, but still they could be better on fit and finish to earn 5 stars.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,157 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2010

The hotel is right on South Orange Avenue--the main drag. But it´s a strange mix of banks, insurance companies, bars and restaurants serving up snack food. There is a large movie two blocks away.

Hotel tries to be a hip joint staffed by folks many who look like models, but it doesn´t quiet achieve this. I´m not sure why, maybe it´s mediocre management. Art work a bit tacky in my view. They charge you $1 on leaving to give to an art charity. You can have it removed, but I dislike hotels that are so presumptive that they want me to fund their pet charities.

As many reviewers noted, I had only tepid water. I was here on a conference and most of the folks in my party were fine, so it must only be the rooms in a particular zone. They pretended it was a new problem when I told them. Obviously, a hotel trying to be 5 stars should have hot water.

Rooms are fine. Beds comfortable and WIFI fast. Main complaint is the the rooms are very dark. Bathroom is bright though. Nice toileteries.
My room was above South Orange (main street). There is a fire station a block and half away and so you can be waken up at odd hours depending on fires.

They lost my laundry. I called them two hours after they delivered and response was valet delivered everything and cleaners were closed, but they would be on it first thing in the morning. (I was checking out at noon.) When I called in the morning they knew nothing about this. They did eventually manage to find my laundry in their basement. They said they would refund me if they coulodn´t find my laundry but would deduct a depreciation charge for wear and tear of cloting first! I have never been in a hotel of this class that does this. They don´t seem to get that guests don´t choose to have their hotel lose their laundry and don´t want to have to go shopping for new stuff.

Restaurant is very trendy and food is good if you order the main dishes. They have no vegetarian options so they brought me aa bunch of veggie sides. Mushrooms were burned. Waiters at first very solicitous and salad came super quickly, but it then took forever to get entree and I had to ask the hostess to get my bill as the waiters suddenly disappeared for half an hour.

I was attending a small conference and the food they served us at lunch was very good. Staff looking after us were excellent. Valet parking also works very well, as well it might at $20 a pop for parking.

They have a very small outdoor pool (s trokes if you are lucky per lap) and a small gym with the usual equipment which is kept in good condition.

I would go elsewhere next time as I felt the hotel was nothing specail and had too many issues.

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

Went to Orlando for a wedding and needed a hotel that was close to the wedding venue.
Arrived at the Grand Bohemian at 12:00 pm. since the wedding was at 2:00 pm. They let us check in early. We had a king bedroom suite. Lots of room very nice beds, pillows. The hotel has a jazz feel to it. Music was playing in our room when we entered.

Hot water never got hot. We complained to the front desk, but they did not fix it. Oh well! 1 night not having scalding hot water was fine.

The lounge downstairs was nice and well as the bar.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Harbor Springs, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

The Grand Bohemian is rated very high by users and presents itself as a top destination. Yet the internet connection is horrible and they charge you $14.00 per day to use it. They admit that the wireless connection is bad. Yet they insist on charging the fee. It is a cheap trick to get you into the hotel then charge for something as basic and essential as internet. I'm suprised they didn't charge me for cable on the TV, or shampoo for that matter. Holiday Inn Express offers free internet that rips. Go there for business.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
S Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

Stayed for 2 nights in mid-Feb for a small conference at the conference rate of $169 + $21+ of taxes.

I actually quite liked some aspects of the hotel. If you forgive the pretensions of it seemingly trying to live up to the ‘Grand’ in its title, the hotel is pleasant enough and some of the art which adorns the walls is actually very pleasant on the eye. The room is comfortable enough with the standard stuff. Internet is charged per day (can’t recall how much as I used mobile bb). My shower featured two heads both of which did nothing except dribble tepid water. A very poor shower (and shaving) experience. Surely a hotel this grand could sort out its hot water system – apparently not and I know I wasn’t the only one with the issue.

The room was very dark – not helped by the decor which was dark. If you are going for a romantic liaison then dark may be good. When you are a business man at a conference, light is preferable. Then there is all the stuff they are trying to sell you in the room. Overpriced CDs of the music playing on the Bose (nice touch), water at $5.95, art at $1,200++!!! Come on.

The valet parking was $21.30 per day which actually wasn’t bad given the nearest street garage on South street (just down towards the interstate) was $17 and in walking around I didn’t see a cheaper garage.

The gym is nothing special but reasonable with 3 joggers, 2 x-trainers and some free weights. The outside pool a pleasant affair on the 6th floor with a nice terrace. The conference food was good.

Location wise its right in the heart of central downtown Orlando near lots of bars and restaurants. However it’s a good 10 minute walk to the nearest grocery store and anything useful.

Apart from the water temperature the stay was fine but its not somewhere I’d plan to go back to unless it was for a conference.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business