“Every time I'm in Orlando for business (5X/yr) I'm at the Grand Bohemian”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #43 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I have stayed in the Grand Bohemian about a dozen times. Consistantly the rooms have been clean and quiet. The food is GREAT and the staff is helpful and friendly. If you join the "preferred" membership (iprefer) you can usually be upgraded to the concierge floor with its own bar (that you pay for) complete with snacks (that are free). I usually don't have time to enjoy the pool but go outside to stick my feet in the hottub while I call home in the evenings. I have also hosted work events here and the service and setting were supurb and affordable. My only gripe is that even though I love the decor, it is very 1990s (lots of red velvet couches and purple walls) and the robes are massive and weigh about 90 pounds. I'm glad to have it - but I don't want to take it home.
Downtown Orlando is way more fun than you think. Walkable and good food.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 7 May 2010

We considered to have had an excellent room on the 21st which we occupied for 5 nights. There was a minor problem with music from another room which was quickly resolved. The furnishings and general decor were tastful and created a sense of luxury. The meals were excellent and staff were polite andd attentive. The parking valet service was very efficient.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Just a quick note to tell you that Patricia Clifton the Chief Concierge was outstanding. She printed out our boarding passes, found us directions, book a spa appointment at the airport for us and was the most please person I have ever dealt with at any hotel. I am a frequent business traveller and have to say she was exceptional.
I will definitely stay at the Grand Bohemian Hotel again due to her diligent behavior in making our stay a home away from home.

Best REgards,
WEndy G. Berney
Sr. VP Sales & Marketing
TacFast Systems International
Toronto, Canada

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2010

i was a bit surprised to see all the guest at this hotel dressed up in suits and high heels. it definately is not a place to go if you want to just have fun and relax. more of an upscale stuffy feel to this hotel. they also charge you $20 per day plus tax to park your car. they also will charge you $13 per day for internet access. if you are looking for an easy orlando getaway, avoid this hotel. if you are looking to get dressed up in formal wear in 80 degree weather and overpay for stuff, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2010

ok..so the decor was a bid dodgy...(wierd pics in room)...i found the service good... the receptionist gave me an umbrella when it was raining & recommended places to eat & where to go out..with good directions..the starbucks coffee was just lovely to wake up to every morn...just one catch....we wer leaving the last morning and we wanted to get lunch as we were tight for time... ( we had a flight to catch) and we were refused entry to the lunch room cos of the way we wer dressed!!!!!!!!!...(we had runners & tracksuit bottoms on as we wer flying that afternoon) ...that is desperate bad behaviour frm a hotel!!!!!!!...i wont recommend this hotel on that reason alone!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Sholeh_Kia, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive and constructive comments. Please accept my personal apology for any inconsistency in our service. Your comments are important to us. It is our mission to ensure that each guest is uniquely and ultimately satisfied. It is clear that we fell short of our goal when you visited our restaurant and I wholeheartedly apologize for all of the inconveniences you endured. The experience you faced was highly unusual and certainly not the type of service we strive to provide to our guests. I have spoken with our staff directly and shared your comments so that we may improve in these areas. Please reconsider to give us the opportunity to host you again if you are ever in the area. I truly would appreciate the opportunity of serving you.

Sholeh Katherina Kia

Reviewed 4 April 2010

I stay at the largest suite for 2 nights in April 2010 (executive jazucci suite). This hotel is located in downtown Orlando and there is absolutely nothing to do in this area. Downtown Orlando is deadly boring. We have been there 3 days and 2 nights and never saw a concierge working at the desk. The staff at reception is not knowledgeable about things to do in Orlando (for 2 adults). They cannot recommend anything. In addition, most of the staff working at the restaurant is lifeless, bored, and feel like they were condemned to service customers. The decoration in the room is questionnable, but a good attempt has been done to make the hotel trendy. The hotel should go out of its way to ensure guests have places to go and see while in town. Next time, I would move to the new Astoria Hotel in the Park Area -- or the Ritz Carleton.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2010

During my stay at the Grand Bohemian the concierge Patricia Clifton went out of her way to resolve a problem for me. My dress for my daughter's wedding two days later had not yet arrived. She contacted the bridal shop from which it was purchased and tracked the package until it arrived. It did arrive less than 24 hours before the wedding and I did have time to get it altered. Ms. Clifton was extremely courteous and efficient. I will highly recommend this hotel to friends and family and will stay there in the future.

• Stayed: March 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#107 of 340 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!