We booked a night at this hotel in advance, in hopes of having some down time to relax during our travels with our 17 mth old son. Much to our surprise, we should have booked with a better hotel.
We made our reservation and had our paperwork in hand, there were no instructions provided by Best Western, and so upon our airport arrival we expected a smooth and speedy transportation to the hotel, however we weren't so lucky.
Upon arriving there was no markings for where Best West shuttle pickups, but after asking some of the taxis service personnel, we figured it out. We stood at the 'Hotel Shuttle Pickup' location anxiously waiting for our ride to get our son in bed at a reasonable time before a 5am wake-up. We continuously watched as other Hotel shuttles came and went, regardless of whether guests were there for pick-up or not. Other shuttle drivers kept telling us that we were at the right spot, so we waited, and waited and waited, for over an hour!!! We are not US residents and do not have cell service. As we were getting to our wits end waiting for a none-existent 'Shuttle Service,' my husband went searching around the airport and was able to make a call to the hotel. After 20 minutes, still no shuttle, and there he returned to make a second call. Eventually, the shuttle showed up.
It wasn't long before the driver of the shuttle decided that our disappointment should be taken personally and he started shouting at us that about how long he has been employed with Best Western and how they have operated their shuttle service, going on about how they would be wasting gas if they actually checked in at the airport like the other shuttle services were doing.
Finally we get to the hotel, frustrated, but we are there, that much closer to getting our 17 mth old into bed, for atleast a few hours of sleep.
The shuttle driver rushes inside and gossips to the counter clerk, as we walk inside with our luggage (yes, we had to bring it in ourselves while trying to push a stroller, and no one helping with the doors), the counter clerk asks "This is the guy?" and points to my husband. Moving on, we just want to get into our room and get to bed. The counter clerk (I'll refer to him as 'A') decides that he wants to 'educate' us on Best Western's services. While trying to explain to him that the issue was that nothing was communicated to the paying customer that they would need to call for a shuttle pickup, and there not being a phone available to make the call, makes for poor customer service. A. shouts over me while I speaking to him saying "No! No! No! No! No!" Regardless, A. wanted to be told that he was right and we were wrong, and was delaying giving us our room keys.
Once again no assistance with luggage to our room, with a baby in tow. You would think with the dissatisfaction from the shuttle service, that at least someone would try to lessen the frustration by offering a helping hand, nope.
This may have just been this Best Western location, but two people both with bad customer service attitudes, means that we will be offering our $ to better serving hotel chains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cozy and contemporary hotel only 10 minutes away from the Orlando International Airport, offer a Complimentary daily shuttle. The only hotel in the area that prepare your Brekfast To Go if you have a early flight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Airport Hotel Orlando
- Best Western Airport Inn And Suites
- Orlando Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites Orlando, Florida