“1st visit find out what's going on before you plan! We had Meal plan while F&W Festival was going on.”
Review of Epcot

US$48.29*
Orlando Helicopter Tour from Walt Disney World Resort Area
Ranked #10 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 November 2013

If you have never been to Disney with your children. I implore you to plan a stay longer than 4 days. We had planned to split our vacation time into visiting the parks and then going on the Disney Cruise. The logistics for your children became the biggest sticking point(aged 4, 8, and 12). When you have an age range as wide spread as ours it was difficult keeping everybody happy. When the four and 8 year old was having fun the 12 year old was bored and when the 12 year old was having fun then the 4 year old was out of the loop, because she was too small. I don't think the park hopper option would have made a difference since we were there for such a limited amount of time. We decided one park a day; that wasn't even enough time to fully experience all that Disney had to offer. Don't get me wrong, Disney does a wonderful job entertaining their guests. When you go devote, 1 day for rides, 1 day for shows at each park. When we go back that's what we will do. We spent more time standing in line for pictures with Characters(our 4 year old wanted to do this the most) than standing in line for rides. If you decide to stay at the resort or not(we stayed on property), I strongly advise all to purchase the dining plan. Even if it's just the quick service it saves a great deal of time and effort trying to decide when and where you are going to eat when hungry, compared to if you decide to eat in Orlando. But please don't purchase the dining plan at the same time their Food and Wine Festival is going on. We booked the trip before being aware of the festival(we missed out on sampling the various tastes from around the world, would have been redundant). By the end of our visit my wife and I were too exhausted to fully take advantage of the Adult areas on the cruise. When we sent our children to the Kids clubs we went to sleep. So if yo plan on a WDW/ Disney cruise vacation make it a week for both!
I think my 12 year old enjoyed Epcot and Hollywood studios the most, any parent who's raising a preteen know it could be quite difficult to get a teenager to smile. I think the rides there were better suited for preteens and teenagers. The Shows there are great for that age group as well. Disney does a marvelous job attempting to provide fun for every age group in each park. My 4 year old at the Disney Jr. and the Monsters ink shows at Hollywood studios, But Magic Kingdom castle is where she wants to live. it was all about the castle for her (but she saw more Princesses at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for breakfast in Epcot. We had taken pictures with the Disney photographers as well as with our own camera, i personally think we did a far better job on our own. But you must ask yourself, do you really want do spend a great deal of time being your family photographer or do you want to enjoy for vacation as well(Dilemma).

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We love this park, partly because of soaring and test track but partly because it's the only park were u can have a real chill. It's the biggest of the Disney parks so even when busy it's pleasant to have a chilled walk around the world show case.
Having been here before in previous years we were disappointed that they have changed test track, made it a bit more with the times, however we do prefer the old one. Tip, when busy use single rider as much quicker.
For eating we tend to always go to the self serve eatery in the land, this place has cakes to die for.
Shopping, I think this park has the best Disney shop (right in the centre by the fountains) it has everything and not just limited to Epcot stuff.
We also like the Ellen show (universe of energy) and go here when we need to have a sit down and chill, as the ride is slow moving (we have also been known to have a little shut eye).
The last fee times we have walked over to Hollywood studios from Epcot through the world showcase entrance. This takes u on a nice scenic walk through Disney broad walk resorts and you also walk past the swan and dolphin too. For the less energetic you can catch one of the friendship resort boats that take you to Hollywood studios with a few stops on the way.
Another great Disney day :-)

1  Thank Slincalex
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Okay, I have been hearing of Epcot for decades and was very excited to pay my $90 to see it. What a disappointment. The area for seeing different countries' exhibits was very unsatisfying. You basically can get something to eat or drink native to whatever country you're in, walk thru an exhibit or watch a 10-minute tourist board movie that dumps you into a gift shop and go your way. Of course everything is ridiculously expensive and much of poor quality. I kept looking at the families with kids who spent hundreds of dollars to come here and felt so sorry for them. I was raised at Disneyland in California--was there the year it opened--and this is not what Walt Disney had in mind. The greed, commercialism and lack of substance shown here would not be what he dedicated his life to. I would say it's okay for senior people just to have something to do who weren't interested in rides, I will NEVER go back.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Second day of vacation called for a visit to Epcot. Epcot does not offer many rides (Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Test Track, Nemo, The Land boat ride), but it has several countries to visit (Norway, France, Germany, United Kingdom, etc.). I love Epcot and it is one of my favorite parks ever. If you have young children, they offer Kidspot stops and there are a lot of character spots in the countries. The countries all offer food from that region and several offer entertainment and shops. Epcot requires A LOT of walking, so make sure you are ready. If you have small children, a stroller is a must.

1  Thank dbae27
Reviewed 19 November 2013

First timer and was really impressed with how they built it.Loved Test Track....rode it 3 times! We picked a good day.Was mid week and not crowded. I saw how the ropes were so can imagine at busy season the waits are long! Loved Italy and Morocco. Actually just had a heck of a time there. Fireworks were worth waiting to see. . We got there at 9AM and left at 10PM. Was alot of walking but so much fun!!!!

2  Thank athena5365