“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #42 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
NJ
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Everyone always discouraged us to stay off Disney property when visiting Disney but this place proved them wrong! First of all, very clean, very nice suites. It is hard to stay in a regular hotel room after staying here. I love the kitchen (full kitchen), dining area, living room, huge bathroom. Kids loved the pool and movie night was great as we watched a family movie with apps and wine served to us pool side. It was 5 min. to SeaWorld, 10 min to Disney and 10 Min to Universal. Would come back for sure!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NJGabby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Arabic first
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

This was my third visit here. We always choose this place as it's far enough from the Disney mess, but close to shopping, and if you know the back routes, close to other options. The rooms are always nice, clean, and well stocked, and even though you don't get daily service, the staff will always accommodate with more towels or anything else you need. The marketplace is well stocked and can always get a quick bite and a Starbucks. The 2 pools are nice, but wish the smaller of the two was adult only, and the pool servers could be more efficient. Overall, it's a great place.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RJR131
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I purchased a 3 night, 4 day package for $140.00 to visit the property. I would be required to attend a 3hr sales pitch. We love Orlando and thought it was worth listening, possibly even purchasing.
I was very frustrated that the dates we wanted to travel were not available (Jan 17-21, 2014). My agent was Fantastic and went the extra mile trying to book the stay. I explained that I had purchased the package knowing I would already be in Florida on business and planned to head to Orlando for the week end. We had multiple conversations over the next several days. Unfortunately nothing was open. He was the only positive part of the process. He gave me a full refund on my purchase.
That said, unlikely we will purchase a vacation time share with Hilton. If they don't have availability when they are trying to sell me the property why would I expect availability once they have my money. Too bad because we love Orlando and like to travel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris J
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your post. Although we’re not entirely clear on whether or not you actually stayed with us, we truly apologize that we weren’t able to accommodate your preferred dates in January due to the high demand we see from our Members who wish to travel to Orlando at that time of the year and receive priority consideration as one of their Club Benefits. Again, we appreciate your feedback and wish you a blessed Holiday Season!

Peter M. Merrill
General Manager HGV Orlando Resorts
Swampscott, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Being a Florida resident we have a yearly pass to Disney & Sea World. The Par Solei is in a perfect location. The property visual, is very impressive however once you get beyond the visual it is apparent that Hilton did not spend a lot of money on furnishings. The staff is great once you convince them you do not want to attend a HGVC presentation (read buy more Time Share).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Disney parks you see the fireworks (far way) view of pool is better deal
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Msquared44
Ottawa
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Be warned fellow travellers to think very carefully about staying here. Either we were extraordinarily unlucky with our accomodations or there are some really serious problems with this resort. We were only booked in for 3 nights (fortunately) and it was awful. There were five (5) maintenance issues in our villa, at least 2 of which were dangerous, such as a toaster that threw off sparks when plugged in. The first 2 mornings, starting at 8AM, a diesel powered generator was started and tested for some considerable amount of time. As this was at ground level below our villa the fumes and noise made the balcony unusable. We would have enjoyed coffee and breakfast on the balcony but that was not possible. Then on morning 3 (thankfully the last morning) a smoke detector with a weak battery started chirping......at 6AM. Nice way to start a long travel day! To give them some credit, maintenance people came quickly to repair the first 5 maintenance issues and the problem with the smoke alarm and the resort comped us for some food and beverage charges on our account. That said, for a 4 year old resort that should be considered a high end 5 star resort, these kind of problems are unacceptable. I would never consider staying here again. Please note that we have stayed in other HGVC resorts, never with any such problems and in the 2 weeks prior to this stay we stayed in 2 separate Marriott Vacation Club Resorts, each for a week, without experiencing a single problem.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chukrok
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely regret that your three day stay with us was marred by the various maintenance related issues you noted and although we’re pleased to hear our Engineering Team responded to these issues in a prompt and professional manner, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and assure you your feedback will be used in a positive, proactive manner moving forward. Thank you again!

Peter M. Merrill
General Manager HGV Orlando Resorts
London, uk
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed here again like before after our cruise, Sometimes when you stay at the same hotel a few times you start to see faults but this is clearly not the case here at Parc Soleil.

When we arrived I went to check in and since I was early they said they would get a room ready for me with in 30 mins which was done & even got a quick call to confirm this.

This time (For the first time) we stayed in tower 200 & it is just as nice as tower 100 & yet again they confirmed my request of a firework view, high floor & away from the lifts, how often do you get everything you request for???

The room was large & spotlessly clean, loads of linens which were changed daily, I really can not speak well enough of this hotel & no doubt after my next cruise I know what hotel I will be heading back for my 4th stay.

One point I would like to make, there is alot of reports on here about the hard sell from the GVC team, well I`m very happy to report that I did not see any of this, I was asked if I wanted to go on the morning tour one day whilst I was staying there, I simply said I was not interested and if I wanted to I would let them know & that was the last I heard about it!

All in all this is a great hotel & indeed holiday location, Its all safe & very good

Room Tip: always ask for a high floor with a balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul_Short
Norcross, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This a great hotel. I would recommend it to my friends and family. The staff was professional and the entire hotel was clean. There was access to anything we needed based on the location. The security on the property was good and I felt safe at all times.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends