“Nice place”

Ranked #43 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
NJ
“Nice place”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Lots of review mention a view of the fireworks and to get a room for this.
You do get a view. But trust me my 5 year old was wise enough to know we were miles away from the real thing.

Nice hotel. Show movies 3 nights a week at the pool which is nice.

Pools are nice shops on site are reasonable. We had a one bedroom suite which was nice and discounted due to a sales pitch we had to sit through. Loads of nice hotels near by so make sure you look out for deals.

Enjoy

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Arabic first
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2014

It was recommended that we travel to this resort. So when I called RCI to book my vacation I asked if they had a lazy river,which was #1 priority for this trip which was to be for relaxation purposes only, they said yes.. The resort itself was beautiful and the rooms were HUGE. Really loved the water feature from the ceiling to the bathtub. There are only 2 towers built so far and it really didn't look like they would be starting to break ground for any new towers. We loved being able to see the fireworks even though we asked for a higher floor. The main pool was too busy for our likes for this trip so it was nice to have a 2nd pool which was a lot more soothing. We were never approached to do a tour, I guess because we already own a timeshare although not with Hilton. We would highly recommend Parc Soleil. A little bummed out about no lazy river,maybe after they build more towers. The food by the pool and restaurant was very pricey so bring your cooler down with you. The day we left, halfway home I remembered that I left my pillow at the resort. The next day they called to tell me that I left my pillow behind. Even though it was my favorite pillow I did not want to pay to have it mailed back to me, but it was very nice of them to call me. I left a very expensive shirt at another resort and called them and they said they didn't find it. I bet the room cleaner wore the same size, oh well. So Parc Soleil keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback. In spite of the initial misinformation you received form RCI, we’re thrilled to hear you’d highly recommend our resort, as well as your positive comments about the prompt and timely follow up you received form our Housekeeping and Loss Prevention Team regarding the pillow you left behind. Thank you again!

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Out of the craziness of International Drive Orlando BUT close enough to enjoy the attractions, this hotel was wonderful ! The well appointed grounds, highly friendly / helpful staff, wonderfully decorated rooms / suites, high quality designs... make this hotel a joy to stay in ! We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and the view of Disney was awesome - along with the Disney fireworks from our balcony everynight... the rooms were gorgeous / high quality and the bathrooms were amazing ! The tub fills with water that falls from the ceiling above and the whole experience was FIRST CLASS !!!! We will return regularly and recommend that everyone signs up for the Hilton rewards so that you can get an upgrade upon check in if availability allows. Thank you Hilton !

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade and for a balcony that faces the Disney Fireworks. This is a special treat for a...
1 Thank MichelleB1101
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your great feedback with us. We’re very pleased to hear you thought our resort was wonderful and to know you had a fabulous experience, which after all, is what a vacation should be. We look forward to your return visit and thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you and your family. Kind regards!

Dunnellon, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Chris greeted us from the bellman's station and treated us as old friends. That was nice. We were an early afternoon arrival and the staff told us they only had lower floor studios and asked if we'd like to wait. We agreed and finally at just before 4 I returned to the front desk and was checked into a studio on the 12th floor (our preference).
What a disappointment. Our view was of the pending construction site for one of the 4 or 5 new buildings planned on the back side of the building away from the pool. On top of that, the studios do not have balconies. An upgrade was never offered although maybe we should have asked. If you go and only have a studio ask if it's a pool view or construction view. That was not a good 1st opinion and as Hilton Gold members, I felt we deserved better.
The studio itself was fairly large, the furniture and bed comfortable but overall rather plain jane in our opinion. Didn't really do anything to stand out...just comfortable. Elevators worked quickly and quietly and plenty of covered parking for all, although the resort didn't seem very full. Another reason to wonder why we weren't offered an upgrade.
Location is everything and this place has it. Easy access to the many parks, plenty of restaurant options should you not want to eat on site and the two pools were very nice. Plenty for the kids to do it seemed. Would have been nice to have the smaller of the two pools for adults only but really wasn't much of an issue.
More than enough golf courses in this area to please every skill level. We played Grand Pines and I wish I could live there and be a permanent member. Awesome course. Unfortunately it's apparently been sold and will be residential and commercial space this time next year. Play it soon if you get the chance. Just what Orlando needs, more concrete and homes:(
My wife and I aren't big fans of the Orlando area, too many people, cars, traffic etc. but we live close enough to return on occasion. However, we won't likely come back to this property. Hilton has two other vacation properties and we'll likely try one or both of them if need be.

Room Tip: If you're going with a studio, ask for one on poolside vs. construction site side.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed for a week vacation. Location is perfect for going to theme parks. Its 10 minutes universe and 25 minutes to Disney.Rooms were very spacious and big. Food very good. A great value for the price. They have many pools, hot tub and game room for kids. Massage are available as well.

• Stayed August 2014
New York, NY
Reviewed 18 August 2014

So last year, I didn't have the greatest experience at Parc Soleil. And because the staff takes the time to read and respond to these reviews on Trip Advisor, I'm so happy to say that ALL has been redeemed for my 3rd visit.

I visited again with my niece and 2 friends and their daughter (ages 8 and 6) for another deal that HGV gives to owners (and potential owners) for 4 days and 3 nights. The staff, specifically Alexandra Daley, Resort Director and Ralfe Andrade, Guest Services Manager went above and beyond for us and made 2 little girls have a great vacation. I reached out to Alexandra before I arrived because she was so responsive to my previous Trip Advisor post. I told her and Ralfe that I wanted to have a Happy Birthday and Welcome Back sign for the 2 girls. Not only did they post the sign (that I sent to them) to the room, but they also outfitted the room with balloons and a basket of yummy treats that the girls so graciously shared with all the adults. The staff put us on the fireworks side so I think the girls thought the fireworks were just for them!

We had the three bedroom unit in Tower 2 which is FABULOUS. 2 HUGE rooms with private bathrooms. 1 of the larger rooms has the cool tub that the water comes from the ceiling. The other large room has a large bathroom with a shower and a small kitchenette in the room. The 3rd smaller bedroom which is in the middle of the suite, it basically just a small hotel room. It has its own TV, closet, drawers, and a nice view. It doesn't have a 'private' bathroom per se, it's just across the hall. But everyone had their own bathroom so it was really the most ideal set up for everyone. (I stayed in the small room and was incredibly comfortable).

Our routine was still the same: we took our trip to Walmart to stock up on food for the room. An insider tip was to very nicely ask the restaurant staff for butter, salt and pepper. The cleaning staff kept our room spotless every day though we made sure to help them out by doing the dishes and at least cleaning up after our morning and evening feasts.

The girls' favorite part of the resort was the pool. As usual, it's always very kid friendly and the slide was a big hit. I enjoyed a summery cocktail while we all watched the kids. I think I've mentioned in my previous reviews that the drinks might be pricey for some but a $9 for a New Yorker is pretty normal. The smarter thing to do would have been to just bring a drink down but I wanted to sit at a table so I just bought the drink. A monsoon hit while we were out there so the staff smartly ushered everyone out the pool before it hit so I didn't get a chance to have some of the good fries that I remember.

Kudos to Marcelo Christophe for giving an informative and painless presentation. My main complaint in my previous years was the overly strong armed sales tactics which were mostly useless since I'm still a relatively new owner with no need for upgrading at this moment. Marcelo took the right approach of acknowledging that I'm #1 an owner so I don't need the theatrics and #2 informatively showing me my options for upgrading without any bullying or insulting. I was actually much more engaged in the options he shared with me because there may come a time when an upgrade is desirable. But he did his job well and got me even more excited about some destinations that I want to travel to that he was knowledgeable about. The 'closer' guy came in to usher me out (he wasn't rude by any means, but he was trying to get me outta there) but I actually came back around to say goodbye to Marcelo because I appreciated his respect for my time, his knowledge of travel, and just his general commitment to providing a pleasant experience to owners.

So Parc Soleil, specifically the staff members I mentioned completely redeemed themselves for me. I really appreciate that deal that HGV gives to owners and I WILL be back! Thank you!!

Room Tip: Ask to be by the fireworks
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your most recent stay with us, and in particular, going out of your way to recognize Alix, Ralfe and Marcelo for their outstanding customer service. To say we’re thrilled we made two little girls vacation a memorable experience is an understatement, and although we’d love to take credit for the fireworks as well, it’s pretty cool to hear you say they thought the fireworks were just for them! Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit!

Waldo, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The bathroom was Awesome and room was quiet
Bed was rock hard though.
Stayed at the property to take my Granddaughter to the Orlando theme parks and had a very good time. While it was a timeshare property they weren't too annoying about it.
Very centrally located and the Granddaughter loved the pool