“By far... The best place we have ever stayed!”

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #39 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Villa Rica,Ga.
“By far... The best place we have ever stayed!”
Reviewed 16 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at Parc Soleil from April 4th ~ April 10th 2010. It was a gift from a family friend for our 25th wedding anniversary. I can not stop bragging about this wonderful resort. The room was Amazing! I just couldn't stop snapping pictures! The poolside view from our 8th floor balcony was wonderful...especially at night! I couldn't get over the water from the tub coming from the ceiling! That was SO cool! We will never forget our 25th anniversary because of the awesome place where we stayed. The only thing I think I would change is...the food in the cafe is expensive. We really like the fact that it was located off the main drag! It was close enough to get to everything we needed. I would reccommend this place to anyone! We had a BLAST!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Twiller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Arabic first
Edwardsburg, Michigan
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Based on a lot on online research we chose this resort for our spring break which included our family with 3 children and my mother-in-law. We reserved a 2 bedroom suite which included a sofabed in the living room area to accomodate the 6 of us.

PROS:
We got a lot of space for the price. Our "suite" was about 1300 square feet.

Kitchen was stocked with enough dishes for us to buy a few groceries and save a little money not eating at the resort restaurant or buying anything in the Marketplace store.

Great location. It is not in a busy area but is within 5-15 minutes of SeaWorld, Disney, and Universal.

The large balcony was awesome. We could put the kids to bed and hang out playing cards on the balcony at night.

CONS:
Pool was much smaller than we expected and their "interactive water fun" other than one waterslide was waterfalls and a couple of sprinklers. This was disappointing because one of our main reasons for chosing this resort was for our kids to enjoy the pool.

A/C was REALLY loud. I had read reviews noting the A/C volume before we went but just passed it off as people being persnickity - it is not. It is very difficult to carry on a conversation in the kitchen when the A/C is on because it is so loud.

Parking Garage is super tight! I received several door dings to my minivan this week and it was very difficult to pull in and out of these narrow spots. One would think that Hilton would be expecting SUV's and minivans at this type of resort.

2 Bedroom Suite? OK, maybe I'm just being picky, but what was marketed as a 2 bedroom suite is really a 1 bedroom suite with connecting doors to a regular single bed room. This still gave us plenty of space, but it wasn't laid out in the same way as a cohesive unit would have been. The main problem was the bathrooms situation - the "master bath" was open to the main room to be used as the common bathroom.

View? There is a lake with a walking path which is nice, but most of our view was dominated by desolate ground where they plan on building more towers.

Kids activites were sparse and several included a fairly hefty charge - at least the charges seemed high to me when I was multiplying them by 3 kids.

Overall, we did enjoy this resort, but in the future will probably go back to Marriots. I felt that we paid more for extra space but did not get much more than that.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 11 April 2010

First impressions here were not that good. We arrived at the hotel at about 2:30pm. Our room wasn't ready and we were curtly informed that check-in wasn't until 4pm. Not a problem we thought as we fancied a late lunch by the pool. The pool area was extremely crowded, there were people, towels, inflatables, rubbish etc everywhere you turned. In addition there was extremely loud music blaring out from speakers (we're not old but this music was far too loud for anyone to be relaxing by the pool). We wanted to take a seat at the the only bar/restaurant on property but couldn't get a table outside due to people using the restaurant/bar tables to store their belongings or using the umbrellas to keep out of the sun. In my opinon the hotel needs to make these tables more defined for restaurant/bar users only so you can at least get a table when you want to eat. So far things weren't going very well and I was feeling very disappointed. I am pleased to report however that when the room was ready we were very happy with it (1 bed suite), the kitchen facilities were top notch, there was a washer/dryer in the room, lovely bathroom and comfy bed with nice linens. We were only on the 4th floor so our view was rubbish (overlooking the roof) but we were able to sit out on the balcony and watch the Seaworld fireworks at night. The following day we returned to the pool and it was an altogether different experience. The crowds had vanished (don't know why it was so busy on a Thursday), the music was turned off or when on much quieter. The pool was nice and warm and there are a couple of hot tubs on the side. There is also an adult pool but we didn't use this as the water seemed much colder.

Overall we would stay here again. The location is great ... 5 mins from SeaWorld, 5 mins from Crossroads, 10 mins from Downtown Disney, 15-20 mins to Universal etc etc. The suite was lovely and given that next time we return we'll be travelling with an infant and possibly grandparents it would suit us perfectly.

I wish they would turn down the pool entertainment ... at times I felt it was a bit over the top and unnecessary although the children all seemed to be having a ball. I would also recommend that the restaurant/bar make a more defined space of the poolside tables so that guests who want to eat/drink can do so without having to compete with sunbathers and families using the tables to eat their takeaways from Walmart and surrounding fast food establishments.

Regarding other people's comments about the parking garage ... we didn't have any trouble with the space in the garage.

Finally, on the day we checked out we used the pool for the afternoon and there is a shower in the restrooms by the pool so you can get washed and rinsed off before heading to your next destination.

We ate at the pool bar ... I had a turkey club sandwich which looked nice but was actually pretty tasteless. My husband had the burger and said it was good. There is a small market place on site which is okay for ice cream or pool snacks but I would do the bulk of my supply shopping at the Walmart which is 5 mins up the road on Turkey Lake Road.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
SE LONDON
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We stayed here for our 20th wedding anniversary as a treat paid for my our 4 children - the room was lovely and big - huge bath with water coming from the ceiling! Views over disney we were wonderful with the fireworks in full view.

our only gripes was that the fire alarm was not connected - which was worrying as we were in the penthouse! A long way down! Also, the aircon was really really noisy - felt like being in the boiler room.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
US
Reviewed 7 April 2010

I travel each year to Orlando and always look for new places to stay, for two years we stayed almost in front of this place and wondered how good would be when finished. Never thought the outcome was going to be this nice. The entrance is grand style elegance and installations all the way to the gym are top notch. Service was good and great with kids. Bathrooms are huge and double bedroom apartments fit a very large family. There is one side of the building that has a perfect view of Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks every night. Spectacular.
Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Just fantastic quality accomodation - so spacious and everything you need [we had a one bedroom suite]
Pools fantastic - water slide a hit with the kids and entertainment for children was very good!
You must have a car to stay here - we found the deli expensive but the nearest walmarts was only 5 minutes drive and good quality!
Customer service was top notch by the front desk and the recreation team.
I do agree with the cleaning comments - this area needs a good sort out - it was hard to tell if your room had been serviced and let the Parc Soleil down badly!
We were sad to leave and will be back!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Pros: VERY nice pools and hotel room. It's almost like a resort-like atmosphere whereupon they have activities by the pool every day! The pools were heated and the one main pool is very large and nice! Lots of seating around the pool.

Cons: VERY VERY VERY poor housekeeping! 3 days in a row beds left unmade, no new towels in the bathroom and no new shampoo or body wash. Every day we had to call to see if anyone showed up in our room to clean and they said yes. My teenage sons room was much cleaner then ours! We had to request they come again to clean and my God we didn't think every single day we'd have to ask for new towels/new shampoo, etc. Honestly we are not super picky people but the Hampton Inn or a Holiday Inn had cleaner rooms!! Many guests on our floor were leaving their garbage outside their door for pickup (which we should not have to do!) and at times the garbage would be there all day long! Hotel pretty on the outside, but the rooms are never clean and replenished. Other guests we spoke to said their rooms were equally unkempt.

Also, the parking garage is a joke. If you drive a mini cooper then you are ok but anything bigger and you'd best have good car insurance! SUPER small/tight parking spots. We had a small 2-door rental and we had to back into a parking spot just to squeeze in.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family