“Loved this hotel!!”

Ranked #42 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Western Springs, Illinois
“Loved this hotel!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2010

This hotel was wonderful from the spacious suite to the awesome pool. The highlight of the hotel was the entertainment at the pool. A Mardi Gras themed party kept my young kids super entertained. The two entertainment guys were awesome - hula hoop contest, limbo, music, beads, balloons, etc. Ask the staff what day these guys are at the pool. Our suite was huge and easily fit my family of 5 young kids (youngest in a crib). We only stayed 2 nights but easily could be comfy for a week. Our suite was immaculate and had a big balcony. A quick drive to Disney property, restaurants, grocery store, and mini golf. The only negative was bad service at the restaurant for breakfast but the manager comped our entire meal and was super apologetic. Overall the employees were great. If we go back to Orlando will stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Arabic first
orlando
Reviewed 8 May 2010

I live in Orlando exactly 6 miles from Parc Soleil and I just want to comment on all of the reviews that talk about how out of the way the resort is. Just because the area around the resort is not built up yet does not make it out of the way! It is probably the most central to the three major theme parks than any other resort! Enjoy the quite area before it turns into the next I-Drive! The resort is beautiful, go before the area gets over developed, it is just on a quite street (for now)! Make a left out of the resort and you are about 2 miles to the best resaurant area in Orlando, Resaurant Row, make a right and you are 5 or 6 miles to DT Disney! The resort and the rooms are some of the best in town!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bucaboy
Reviewed 8 May 2010

This hotel was FANTASTIC! It's like having you're own home away from home. We loved all the space. The kitchen has everything you could possibly need. The washer dryer was a definite plus we washed all our clothes before we packed to go home! The hotel pool is georgous!! Very relaxing after a day at the parks and it never seemed crowded. The parking garage is tight as I read in the other reviews but I think people exagerated a bit. We really were happy to go from the car to the elevator and no valet fees!! The airconditioning is definetly a problem they need to solve!! We just couldn't figure it out. We were either freezing, or the heat would kick on! The noise that thing makes is also uneceptable! We had our 10 month old son with us and luckily he's a heavy sleeper. Other than that small issue, this was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed May 2010
Maryland
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I accompanied my husband on a business trip ( convention ) at the Gaylord nearby. We decided to extend our visit an extra week. I chose this hotel for several reasons; we are Hilton Honors members, it is new- which means clean ! And it was convenient to Sea World , Disney etc. and it was inexpensive. It was close to everything, but not on the "main drag " -( I hate noise !!)
I never - and I mean never ! !! expected a suite hotel to be this good . For the same price as the Hampton in - around 120/night : we had a suite with balcony that overlooked the fireworks displays at Disney every night, an extraordinary apartment with full kitchen ( granite /GE profile stainless appliances etc ) Full dining room, living room, huge gorgeous bedroom, and a to -die -for -bathroom. Literally- the size of many New York apartments ! ( I am talking about the bathroom)- the suite is larger than many homes..
parking is free, and there is a shopping center 2 blocks away with a Wynne Dixie grocery story and ABC ( liquour ) store , among other things.In half an hour, I was stocked up with everthing I would ever need for meals.
There are 2 pools- one shows movies for kids at night - fountains - outside bar- gorgeous- 4 hot tubs
other is facing Disney- 1 hot tub, pool, fountain and lake with jogging path around it.
Great little store - carries everything.
Word of warning : They are building more hotels around the lake front- be sure to ask about this !
( My husband and I never went to the theme parks after all- we did off beat stuff- but we returned every night to our luxury apartment and had dinner on the balcony, and fireworks for desert ).. Absolutely perfect !

If you want a quiet room-ask for the fireworks side. (Although I must admit that the soundproofing was supurb.)
This place is a total steal, and I am only sharing this with you because I don't need to keep it a secret - I live too far away to be able to go regularly. But trust me- a deal this good can't remaine this cheap forever.

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank turtleloverMaryland
London
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We booked into this hotel for 8 days and i have to say i was VERY impressed.I took me over a 4 mths to look for a hotel and i was dissapointed with our choice.You sometimes are unsue about reviews and how truthful they really are but this hotel was the business.On entry i found the hotel very extravagant.The staff extreamly polite.A resturant that caters for most of your needs.The food nice and tasteful.
If you needed to book tours it was at hand in reception.
I did read that it was a little out of the way but certainly didnt affect the time we had.I would happy recommend this hotel to anyone or a family member.

Only Flaw - I think the shuttle service they employed.I think Hilton should employ there own drivers and shuttles.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2010

There is an abundance of hotel accomodations in Orlando, but the large majority of these hotels are older, and of lower quality (think Days Inn, Comfort Inn etc. caliber). If you'd like to stay someplace nicer, you have to shell out $200 or more per night, not even including taxes.
At $145 per night for a brand new property - the Par Soleil fills the void for a new, good value hotel in the Orlando Area.
Locationwise, this hotel is an easy 15-20 min drive from Disney Magic Kingdom; the address they have on their website does not pop up neither in mapquest, nor in my GPS, you can search alternatively for 7903 Palm Parkway.
Check-in is at 4pm, which is kind of late I think, but it didn't affect us since we came in even later, check out is at 10am; at my request, they let us stay until 12pm, which scores a brownie point with me.
The property is lovely - there are two buildings - One (where the reception is) and Two (opened just a couple of months ago), covered parking (free of charge) with plenty of spots available. There are two pools (the large one has a water slide and zero depth entry point) and two or three hot-tubs, which were large enough to accomodate at least 15 people without any problem. Although there were a lot of people vacationing at the hotel at the time, it never felt really crowded and loungers were always readily available. The pool water was perfect temperature, my compliments to hotel management for not trying to save on this like other hotels do.
The hotel has a restaurant with inside and outside seating poolside. The food is good, averagely priced (apps/salads/sandwiches about 8-10$, main courses - high 'teens'), but the service is rather slow and some of the waiters (one waitress to be more specific) could care less about serving you with promptness.
The hotel also has a child play area (playground with slides etc. outside) and a great looking montessori-like play room for younger children. I am not sure if they offer child-care services, maybe worth inquiring.
We stayed in a studio, which is essentially a regular hotel room and it doesn't have a balcony. The bathroom has only a shower, but is a decent size. There is also a kitchennete area with a mini-fridge, microwave, sink, some silverware, paper towels etc.
Baby cots can be provided on request free of charge; we were never provided with bedding for the cot though, even though we asked twice.
Wireless internet is no-hassle (just find the network and connect without any passwords or special set ups) and is free; the business center (printing and faxing) is costly - internet usage goes for 25c per minute, 75c per page printed, but I guess for incidental needs is not that expensive.
Service (except for the restaurant) was very good, hopefully this isn't just because the hotel is trying to establish itself.
Will definitely stay here again during my next visit to Orlando.

2 Thank Bulgarian_travels
London, England
Reviewed 26 April 2010

For the last several years we have shelled out big money to stay on property in Disney and eat in the Disney restaurants, worth it when our children were really small and needed mid-day naps. Now that they no longer nap, we have ventured to the nearby Parc Soleil. Brilliant. The hotel is brand new and the finish on the property is excellent. It is only a 15 minute drive to Disney (if that) and 10 minutes to Sea World (and Aquatica!), plus there are so many great restaurants nearby. The pool area is huge and has a waterslide (see photos on the Hilton web page). In the evenings they show a family movie on a huge screen over the pool. Nearby restaurants we enjoyed... Joe's Crab Shack, Maggianos, Capital Grill, Miller's Ale House. There is also a Whole Foods complex nearby. The hotel suite had a washer/dryer, full kitchen, dining room, living room and separate bedroom - the pictures provided by Hilton were 100% accurate. A note of criticism... the room was immaculate when we arrived, but during our stay I think the staff emptied the rubbish, put fresh towels and made the beds. They did not clean the floors once during our 5 day stay! We bought ice cream in the shop and it had been melted and re-frozen. The staff are generally very helpful and considerate. The parking is free and plentiful. We have stayed in the hotel twice and will definitely stay again - it is an oasis of luxury after a day out in the parks or shopping (Prime Outlets, Premium Outlets and the Florida Mall with Macy's all nearby).

4 Thank MrsFrogg