“Beautiful Property, Very Nice for Professional Conference”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #23 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Mt Hood, Oregon
“Beautiful Property, Very Nice for Professional Conference”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I just attended the Vacation Rental Managers Association Annual Conference at the Hilton Bonnet Creek and everything was wonderful. Dinner at La Luce was delicious and the service was very personalized and attentive. The rooms were well appointed and in good condition, the beds very comfortable. The conference space is open and decorated in bright, lively colors-and the traffic flow is nice for getting around from ballroom to smaller meeting rooms. The have a great pool if you have time to hang out. I would recommend this property for leisure and business travel.

Room Tip: Ask for Pool view, the golf course is right behind it, so it is actually very calm and pleasing.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,380)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed here for a conference. Very large hotel. I had a pretty good walk to my room. The rooms were nice. The beds were great. The bars were not very exciting but they served their purpose. The free shuttle to the parks was great and it saved us some cash (plan ahead they don't run every 5 minutes but the staff with give you all in the info you need).
- Save time for the Pool it is big and has a large lazy river.
- The running track is so short just run on the tread mill or take a left when you hit the road and run on the side walk across the street.
- The room service was great (tips are included)

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the elevator and on the Disney facing side
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Not my first choice destination for a holiday - but had to come here for a conference and compared to other hotels I have stayed at in Orlando this is one of the best. Very modern, good sized room, well fitted out, good restaurants, and a very good gym and swimming pool. Very close to Disney World if that's your thing. Orlando downtown is about 10-15 min drive and you really need a car or you have to rely on taxi's.

It is a very big hotel - like most in Orlando. But service was friendly and helpful. Would stay here again and despite being a business oriented hotel, it is also great for families.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor to enjoy the view
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
New England
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We chose this property as my husband is Hilton Honors. Great choice. Everyone at this property (ok, everyone I've met!) is exceptionally pleasant, helpful and cheerful. The kind of people you want to have around you while on vacation.

The property itself is new and lovely with a fantastic pool area - one of our deciding factors in coming here. A lazy river connects 2 pools along with a small waterslide off to the side, jacuzzi, and more. There's also a nice outdoor lounge with restaurant/bar. Try the white sangria..yummmm. Lots of lounge chairs all around and big towels to dry off with. A great spot to cool off, chill out and watch the sunset.

The rooms are fine. Flat screen tv, comfy bed and chair. We had a great view of the pool. Bathroom is really nice with a large walk in shower with stylish tile work.Everything very clean.

Prices in the cafe are reasonable and food is good.

They run a complimentary shuttle to all Disney parks and Downtown Disney throughout the day. These are not rinky-dink shuttles, these are beautiful buses showing Disney movies. Be on time to your shuttle stop, they leave promptly!

We would come back to Hilton Bonnet Creek in a heartbeat. It's wonderful to be so close to Disney, but away from the craziness.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible and for a Disney view. You may be able to see some fireworks.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights to attend a work conference being held there and was impressed by the resort. I didn't see much of the resort itself but my room was very nice. It was spacious, the bed was really comfortable and the room was well appointed in terms of furnishings. The bathroom was a good size with modern fixtures. I liked the glass enclosed shower (vs. bathtub with shower curtain) and the bathroom had plenty of counter space which is sometimes an issue with hotel bathrooms. I had a problem the first night with my shower in that the stripping on the shower door was bent so the door would not close all the way and water leaked out of the shower. I reported it to the front desk and it was fixed by the time I came back to my room later that day. I ate in two of the hotel's restaurants -- the Italian restaurant was really good. The Bistro was ok, just average. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to enjoy any of the leisure areas of the resort (e.g. pool, grounds, etc.) but from what I could see it looked really nice. I definitely would come back with my family if I were planning a Disney trip.

Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The hotel is a great hotel, great service,food (over priced)...]
first thing is make sure if you get the disney view room you ask : to be on the highest floor possible , so your view isn't trees,other wise they will give you a crappy view of the trees, And when you get the disney view, All you can see is slightly the Epcot ball and disney hollywood studios. the only fireworks you see is the Epcot ones, if your room is looking right at Epcot.

the only things i wasn't impressed by is the water in the shower does not get hot at all, And there shower head (they need a new one, half of the holes are messed up so only some water comes out) ... They offered us baby shampoo's ect and when we waited on them, they said they were all out, They should of never offered something that they don't have, It made us pretty upset, Also be careful the food is very very overpriced and i'm not a big fan that there connecting rooms ... but everything else was great.

Room Tip: "ask for highest room for disney view"
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights over the Columbus weekend. We were on the 12th floor with a Disney view room., actually not a bad walk to the elevators but not too close. We had a Disney view but could not see the fireworks from our room. This is not guaranteed with a Disney view as it will depend on what part of the building you are in. We did overlook disney and it was amazing (just couldn;t see the fireworks). We overlooked the beautiful pool area and ponds and golf courses and it is well worth it for the view. Our little one watched the pool like a hawk to see what was going on!
The rooms are very good sized but not huge, as is the bathroom not huge, but everything is brand new and completely spotless. This is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in and I stay in a lot of hotels. Amazing job by housekeeping and we hardly saw them.

The pool area is the main attraction. It is so great. The lazy river is warm and keeps the kids occupied all day. My husband and I would take turns floating with our son and this was well deserved after a long day at the parks (we just stayed at the pool our last day, as everyone was tired and this is what our son wanted to do the most!) At the waterslide (which is fun for kids and adults), there are two staff members supervising, so we were able to let our son go down the slide without worrying about watching him. This pool is spectacular and should not be missed.
The resort is beautiful and we walked over to the WA but didn't spend time over there. It looks very upscale.

The dining is a mixture. Harvest Bistro for breakfast was pretty good. La Luce was absolutely fabulous. One of the best Italian meals I have had. Fantastic! Muse is a coffeeshop (think Starbucks) and was great for breakfast. They have bagels, muffins, pastry and donuts (plus icecream and dessert) We would grab a bagel before heading to the parks as to not waste time. Big plus!

Took the shuttle once to the parks and it worked great. We travelled with family that had a car so we only used the shuttle once. I would recommend a car for at least some of the days of a trip. Just to run to the store and buy water and snacks and a change in the dinner availability.

This is a great place and we will be back next year! One other tip: I booked the room 4 months in advance and then checked back online with Hilton and the price dropped twice. I called Hilton each time and they lowered our rate each time. This saved us over $300 ($50/night) on the rate and really made a huge difference. I will try this everytime now.

Room Tip: Disney/Pool view is well worth it!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family