Stayed here over the Easter period for a few days after first staying at the adjacent Waldorf Astoria. Taken in isolation, the rooms, public areas, pool and bars are lovely, but (and I'm sure it's by design) everything is just down a notch from the sister Waldorf. The furnishings are a little less luxurious, bathrooms a little smaller, no turn down facility, no gowns and slippers and less of a 'wow' to the hotel interior.
Both hotels were built together and there are a lot of common fittings and features. I'm sure they were developed to cater for slightly different markets and I suppose you pay your money and you make your choice. I'd say the Hilton is probably better for families with young children - cheaper, better 'on the go' snack facilities and child friendly pool area. Not so sophisticated as the Waldorf.
- Big queues for breakfast while we were there. Stroll over to the Waldorf and you can choose your table, but a lot more expensive.
- No dining outside of the two hotels within walking distance.
I found housekeeping a little over-keen to get in the room at an ungodly hour. Whoever serviced my room also thought it okay to whack the aircon down to 63 degrees while she was servicing the room and then left it there!
All minor niggle though. Overall a great place and would stay again.
One other caveat, and it applies to the Waldorf and all other hotels attached to big conference venues in Orlando like the Hilton at the Orange County Convention Centre. The 'feel' of the place can change radically from one day to the next depending on what's going on in the conference centre.
While we were at the Walforf/Hilton there was a plastics conference for a few days, a big Jewish Passover celebration for a few days and nothing for a couple of days. The feel of the place and strain on different facilities swings markedly depending on what's going on. If you like continuity and to be surrounded by other families on holiday this may not be the right place for you. I quite like being in shorts while others are working but I can see it might not appeal to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek is an oasis of fun and relaxation in the middle of Orlando's theme park magic. The resort is nestled in the serene 482-acre Bonnet Creek nature preserve, surrounded by Walt Disney World(R) Resort. The resort offers 1,009 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites and an array of family activities and amenities certain to make your visit to Orlando a treasured memory including a 3-acre lazy river pool with water slide, ranked #1 Fantastic Hotel Pool by TripAdvisor. Relax amid lush tropical landscaping and crystal clear water sparking in the Florida sun. Or enjoy a roster of daily poolside activities designed for all members of the family! The resort offers championship golf, a relaxing spa, and twelve restaurants and lounges including the acclaimed La Luce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Florida