“Best place to stay for Disney”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #23 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta
“Best place to stay for Disney”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

There is a Disney store onsite that sells Disney tickets, very convenient. My 5-year old enjoyed the pool with water slide and lazy river. Kids eat free at the buffet restaurant, great selection.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Guiche

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,378)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Fantastic staff, very beautiful hotel!
Pool was fun
Food was good, not too expensive, and staff knew my name after 1 visit
Gym was great

A wonderful, non-orlando, orlando hotel!

Cons:
transportation: expensive cabs everywhere, limited bus shedule

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Lakeland, FL
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We just spent a weekend at Bonnet Creek Hilton (BCH) at Walt Disney World. We had a fantastic time, due in no small part to this hotel.

One thing to know, we live about 50 miles away and often travel to the Orlando area to do weekend "retreats." We're theme park fanatics and we've stayed on Disney propery several times. Recently, however, Disney's "deal" prices aren't as low as they used to be, so my wife and I have expanded our horizons when it comes to hotels. While Disney's value resorts are cheaper than BCH, I wouldn't stay at a Disney value resort again on a dare (too crowded, not enough dining options, facilities and accomodations too bare bones). So, for $107 a night, I booked the weekend at BCH.

We arrived at 11:30 on Friday for a 3:00 check in. When you arrive, juts park under the overhang and tell the valets you want to self-park and they'll leave your car alone. The lobby is nice and wasn't busy and we were immediately helped at the front desk. Our room was ready and we were allowed to check in, so we parked our car in the ajoining garage and brought our suitcases to the room. The self parking is around $13 a day, which isn't bad considering the price of a mid-range Disney room was over $160 with parking included.

Our room was nice, nothing out of the ordinary, but clean and spacious enough for our needs. The television was a nice-sized flat screen and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Our shower door handle was a tad loose, but it was fixed the next day without us even saying anything. The room temperature was just fine.

After we unloaded, we headed out back to the pool area. The pool wasn't busy at noon and there were plenty of chairs, anyway. The pool area has two "main" pools connected by a lazy river with a gentle current. You can buy or rent tubes to ride...we rented one tube for $5, which was worth the money. Some people complain about having to pay, but nothing is free on Disney property. We really enjoyed the pool area, including our lunch. There's a poolside restaurant, Beech, that serves simple (but tasty) meals like turkey wraps, pizzas, and chicken sandwiches. Again, the meals are somewhat pricey, but the convenience makes it worthwhile. Plus, our server Brittany was awesome. She was really friendly and did a great job getting our food and drinks quickly. She also chatted with us enough without neglecting other guests (and she was handling our entire side of the LARGE pool area. If anyone from BCH reads this review, kudos to Brittany!

Speaking of retaurants, we also ate dinner at La Luce and had breakfast at both Harvest Bistro (sit-down and buffet) and Muse (coffee house with pastries). La Luce is a really good Italian restaurant with great food, great service, and a nice atmosphere. Again, the prices are a little hight, but it's worth trying once. Try the silk handkerchiefs and Bostini Triffle for a real treat. Harvest Bistro is a perfectly acceptable restaurant. I had a decent omelette and my wife had eggs, bacon, and potatoes. The buffet, which we had on our previous stay, was $19 and not quite worth the money. Finally, Muse has excellent pastries and ham, egg, and cheese croissants and is $20 or so cheaper than Harvest Bistro. We enjoyed our breakfast there a little more because the prices were cheaper and you could take your breakfast and sit somewhere else in the lobby.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience at HBC. It's a nice place to stay on Disney property if the Disney bells and whistles aren't that important to you. One disadvantage is that you don't get free parking at the Disney parks (which you get if you stay at a Disney hotel), but they do offer a free shuttle to the parks if you want to save the money. The shuttles leave pretty much every 30 minutes, so you're set there. The hotel is centrally located, which is another location...other Disney hotels (such as the Contemporary or Animal Kingdom lodge) are only conveniently located to one park while they're a ways away from others.

I highly recommend this hotel...just a minor thing here and there (mostly related to food and service pricing) are in no means bad enough to mar a really good experience.

Room Tip: I don't think the "Disney View" rooms are worthwhile.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gr8smuller
Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Newer very clean hotel! They have a river country around their pools for the kids and friday & saturday night put up a blow-up screen and show children movies. Adults can also swim and have drinks by the pool...we had friends come over for some family time.

Buffets where children eat free..so check it out. I do agree with the expensive parking fee. Really with the huge overpark.?..all in all the only negative for us.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PalmTreePeggy
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 20 May 2012

CONS: pricey parking, which according to their website, has no in/out privileges, expensive internet that went out during our stay, so it wasn't always available when I needed to use it first thing in the morning while trying to stay on schedule. Also, while their website advertises a Guerlin spa and beauty salon, they are actually not in the Hilton, but rather at the Waldorf next door. It's probably a 10 minute or so walk.

The Hilton Bonnet Creek is a full-service hotel with all the amenities you would expect of a large hotel. There is even a Hertz rental car desk in the lobby of the hotel. The concierge can arrange for a shuttle to/from the airport. I made the clueless tourist mistake of being guided to a taxi and paying over $60 for a taxi from the airport before I found out about the Miers shuttle service that was a small fraction of the price. There is a complimentary hotel shuttle that goes to the different Disney parks. When we booked the hotel, I was under the impression that it is adjacent to Disney. They even offer a "Disney View" room which you pay more for over a standard room. However, you would definitely have to take advantage of the hotel shuttle to go to the Disney parks. It is not walking distance. There is no shuttle to Universal Studios. We ended up renting a car at the hotel to go to Universal.

The rooms were clean, the staff friendly, and the setting is nice. The pool area is spectacular. One of my complaints is that they originally put me into a room which looked out straight into a wall about 10-15 feet ahead. Since I booked directly through the hotel at the regular, non-discounted rate, and my husband and I were there to enjoy our vacation, I was surprised when I opened the curtains, only to be looking at a wall directly in front. I called the front desk, and w/o any hesitation, they moved me to a room that overlooked the golf course and pool area rather than a wall.

We were quite disappointed with the restaurant fare we had in Orlando (probably b/c we didn't venture far from Disney, which someone said isn't really Orlando), but the La Luce restaurant in the hotel was very good. There is also a small cafe onsite where you can get good coffee, pastries, and such. The Harvest Bistro serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but I only ate breakfast there. The breakfast buffet was wonderful, with a variety of choices, such as various breads, pastries, fruit, smoked salmon, roasted tomatoes, omelet bar, and the usual breakfast foods. There are other restaurants/bars on the property, but I can't comment on them since I didn't go to them.

One last thing to consider is that they host many conferences/conventions there, so at times, there is a lot of activity going on. During the week I was there, there were at least two.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Arvada, CO
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My 11-year-old daughter and I stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek for a long weekend to celebrate her birthday. My husband/her dad doesn't much care for theme parks, so it was a "girl's weekend." It was our first time in Orlando. Choosing the Hilton Bonnet Creek was an excellent decision.

First of all, the hotel arranged for me to get balloons for my daughter's birthday. Then they gave us an upgrade to a Disney view room. This extra effort was very much appreciated as I think service like that separates a "good" hotel from an "excellent" hotel. We made reservations for her birthday night at La Luce, but since it was also our travel day, we were both exhausted. The food was delicious, but we couldn't eat it all, so they boxed it up for us, and also gave my daughter a special birthday treat (in a box), which was very sweet. We wanted to get back there for dessert, as I'd heard the butterscotch pudding is especially wonderful, but we never had a chance. We found the service very friendly and unobtrusive.

The following morning we had breakfast at Harvest Bistro before hitting Disneyworld. It was good, but it was the only time we ate there during our stay. The following days we grabbed a pastry and coffee at the coffee shop off the lobby.

We spent three solid days at the theme parks (WDW and Universal Studios). The shuttles to WDW are a fantastic service, and definitely factored into our decision to stay there. We drove to Universal Studios in our rental car. It is an easy, direct drive. Although the parks are fun, they are exhausting, so we appreciated the beautiful pool set-up at the Hilton Bonnet Creek after a long day on our feet. My daughter must have gone around the lazy river 150 times during our stay. We also soaked in the hot tubs. On weekends, the hotel sets up "dive-in movies" at the pool on a big screen. My daughter wasn't interested in the film, but did swim around while it was on. The kids who were watching seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was a nice service.

The hotel's grounds were beautiful and very resort-like. They are very lush with great views. Of course, the "price" of being surrounded by natural beauty is that the hotel is not surrounded by Wendy's, Arby's, or Walgreens. I think a rental car is a good thing to have if you're staying here, but it is possible to "make do" if one eats only at the hotel, but I think it could get expensive.

Our room was a standard double, but it was plenty spacious for the two of us. A balcony would have been nice, but with so many kids at the hotel, I can see why it's not an option. Incidentally, this is an excellent option if you are a person who wants a family-friendly hotel, but likes some level of class and sophistication (and maybe a respite from Disney!).

We are hoping to be back, bringing my husband next time, for a little bit longer (less hurried) stay. I honestly don't think my daughter would be okay with staying anywhere else. Why mess with near-perfection?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MLawArvada_CO
Croatia
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Situated in luxury resort, this hotel has it all- huge rooms and bathrooms, amazing pool, they serve excellent breakfast (with best freshly squeezed orange juice I have ever tasted; made from fresh Florida oranges)... Impeccable.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business