“Very clean, very nice people”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #25 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I was surprised how nice everyone was. Everyone went out of there way to make our stay go well. The restaurants were good and the breakfast buffet was amazing. They had a chef behind the counter and would take ingredients you chose and turn it into an omelet, you could buy your tickets to Disney at the front desk, and there was buses that would take you to your Disney destination at no additional charge... Would highly recommend

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josh T
Tricia A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Josh T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

On arrival our bags were not taken from us so we carried them in ourselves. Checkin was smooth. Room was nice, but we needed to request robes slippers and a roller bed. Coffee cups in the room were paper.
Pool was amazing! Perfect temperature and a strong current in lazy river to swim in. Shuttle service to the parks is good. Breakfast was great. Staff were lovely.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear MrTracy,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your feedback! The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek strives to "WOW" each of our guests by delivering exemplary service and creating memorable experiences for each of our guests; we look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I just had a meeting at the Hilton. The rooms and meeting rooms were great. To encourage local business use, they have great rates for small groups. Bell service and valet were efficient. My only criticism would be parking at $24 is difficult.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Doug K,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback; we appreciate your comments regarding meeting space, bell services, and valet. We look forward to welcoming you back for another excellent stay!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Two years ago we stayed at the Disney Caribbean Beach Resort and were not impressed with the cleanliness, air quality, and condition of our room. So this year we decided to look for something new, but with similar amenities as a Disney property. Initially, I shopped pricing. I was surprised to learn I could book a room for a family of 3 with 2 queen beds for $109/night at the Hilton Bonnet resort. Secondly, transportation was a concern, and I learned that the Bonnet offered a shuttle service to all of the Disney parks including DTD with a reasonable schedule. Thirdly, options for swimming and food. The lazy river and pool at the Bonnet were amazing. The pool area was clean, and the layout of the swimming area was awesome. We brought our own tubes that we purchased in Wisconsin, easily packed in our suitcases, 2 adult tubes, and 1 child tube, and we sailed the lazy river dozens of times. The lazy river is the fastest and funnest I've been on, and that's coming from someone who's been to many at the Wisconsin Dells. In the evenings on weekends, we enjoyed Disney movies on the big screen at the pool while floating in our tubes. The water slide was perfect for my 5 year old daughter. It was nice to have a Hilton water slide 'spotter' making sure the bully kids did not get out of line. The Beech Bar service was top notch, and food quality was wonderful. They were accommodating allowing us to order our food 'to-go' to eat by the pool while watching movies. Drinks were a bit on the expensive side however. We got around that by picking up our own beverages before returning our rental car on the day of our arrival. Speaking of which, we flew into Orlando Sanford on Allegiant Air, rented a Hertz car for $28.00 to get to Hilton Bonnet Creek. The Hertz Rental location at the Bonnet Creek allowed us to return our car upon our arrival to avoid the daily parking fees. Very convenient having Hertz at the hotel for drop off. The Valet and Bell service was superior, excellent, professional, timely, and courteous. They took care of returning the rental car, and escorted my family to our room with our bags. We had a stroller booked and dropped off from Kingdom Strollers, it was ready for us at the Bell Service upon our arrival.
Daily maid service was exceptional. Great attention to detail, and personal items were either left alone, or moved into a spot with care. We left a little extra for our maid because of the great service provided each of the 6 nights of our stay. Our room was on the 18th floor. Great view, and super quiet. I don't think we heard any neighbor noise during our entire stay. Elevators were super fast, just a few seconds to get to the top floor in the Otis Gen 2 elevators. Someone left a poor review about the elevators being too far from the rooms. Are you kidding me? Not at all, we were at the end of the hall, and the walk was easy and quick. Upon departure, bell service came to our room, loaded up our belongings, returned our stroller, and met me at the front entrance with my new rental car. They loaded all bags into the car. Our checkout was a breeze.
Disney shuttle service was good. The 'tour bus' was much better than the regular Disney buses. Hilton's shuttle had Disney cartoons on the overhead TVs for my daughter to watch. The seats were padded and comfortable, and the ride was quiet. Not like the hard plastic bench seats on the Disney buses. Our shuttle usually routed, MK then AK, or MK, EPCOT, and DHS. The ride could be up to 45 minutes if a stop was last like DHS, but most of the time the ride was 15 to 20 minutes each way, on average. Mears drivers did a pretty good job. I'm glad they asked to see hotel keys, they should continue doing this to avoid having rogue riders. One night the shuttle stopped at the MK at 7:30pm, but we stayed late for the Disney Xmas Party, but we just hopped on the Monorail to EPCOT and caught the bus before it's last pick-up at 11:40pm.
We ate at the coffee shop on the morning of our departure. The pastries were very good, and had a nice wide selection, for a fair price. Coffee was fine, and the staff of ladies were very friendly. We had to pick up our rental car at DTD but the first Bonnet shuttle didn't go to DTD until 12:30pm. So I asked for a late checkout on the date of our departure. Front desk was accommodating and again, no problem asking for this.
We wished we had more time to eat at the on site restaurants, but ended up eating most meals and snacks at the Disney parks on this trip.
Overall, our stay was exceptional, far exceeding several past Disney Resort experiences. I was a bit nervous going away from Disney properties, but the Hilton Bonnet Creek us with a very positive experience. Financially, we came out way ahead by staying at the Bonnet Creek vs one of Disney's Hotel, Meal Plan packages. I watched the numbers very closely, doing the math many times, and we did better this way, much better. Thank you Hilton Bonnet for making our 2013 Disney trip a perfect memory!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank AuthorPilot
Tricia A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear AuthorPilot,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review with the TripAdvisor community! We are thrilled you were able to enjoy some of our many amenities. Our team at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek prides itself on providing excellent service and creating memorable experiences for all of our guests, and we look forward to welcome you and your family back for another great stay!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

WOW! Double WOW! That is the only way I can think of to start this post. Since I go in and out of resorts on a regular basis to perform reviews, I am not easily impressed. I was so overwhelmingly impressed with these resorts that I have put off writing this article trying to collect my thoughts. I found these deluxe resorts to be far superior to some of the deluxe resorts on Walt Disney World® property and at only a fraction of the cost (Hilton rates start at $149/night; Waldorf rates start at $259/night). The rooms and bathrooms are both larger than a standard deluxe resort on Disney property. The resorts are located only 0.3 mile from the entrance to Disney’s Boardwalk area and offer complimentary transportation to and from the theme parks (including Universal and SeaWorld). For the adult Disney lover who travels without young children, these resorts are an ideal location. I would highly recommend building in some “resort” days to stay on property and enjoy the many amenities offered.
The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria Resorts are two separate resorts on the same property and actually connect by a convention center. You can move easily from one resort to the next without ever going outside and guests staying at either property can take advantage of the amenities at both resorts.

The Waldorf Astoria is the closest luxury resort to the Disney theme parks – an elegant property that offers golf on it’s own award winning Waldorf Astoria Golf Club; the Waldorf Astoria Spa, swimming pool with private cabanas and outstanding dining experiences. The resort features 498 deluxe rooms and suites.

The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek offers the best of both worlds – convenience to the Disney theme parks but once away from the parks, a serene and peaceful resort with one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in (La Luce - look for my post on this soon), a great informal dining spot (Harvest Bistro) and one of the greatest, informal lobby lounges around (Sena)!

Both resorts are connected by the shared convention center that features 42 meetings rooms and 2 ballrooms.

Room Tip: My only criticism of these resorts would be no in-room safe and not nearly enough outlets for chargi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Bjkbrady

Dear BJKBrady,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community! It is the goal of the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria Orlando to "WOW" every guest we welcome. I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy some of the amenities of both properties, such as theme park transportation. The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria Orlando offer complimentary transportation to the Disney theme parks, and are able to arrange transportation to other local attractions at discounted rates. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

My husband & I have stayed at this location in the past and had a wonderful time. This visit we were accompanied by our two grandchildren and it was even better. The Lazy River was a very big hit with the children, they both loved the fact that it was heated and they were able to enjoy it even though it was a little cool during our stay. The offerings at the Harvest Bistro, including the Buffet on Thanksgiving were excellent. We had the pleasure of having Aldo as our waiter for two evenings, He was so accommodating to the children's dietary restrictions without any big fuss. This in turn made for a very relaxing dining experience for us. It was a very busy time at the hotel but you would not have know it. There was no difference in the level of service offered. We have stayed at many of the Disney Hotels and depending on the time of year this can be a very anxious time with chaos and confusion all around. Bonnet Creek offered us calm and relaxation after busy times at the Parks. This hotel has now become a favorite for my family and a location I recommend to all my family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LMS-WCS

Dear LMS-WCS,

Thank you very much for your fantastic, in-depth review! We are thrilled to hear we are your favorite hotel in Orlando! Thank you for recognizing Aldo for his excellent service; our team prides itself on ensuring our guests have a "WOW" worthy experience. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another great stay!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We chose this hotel due to the reviews on Trip Advisor and we are really disappointed. Other than the view of the golf course this hotel has nothing going for it. In our opinion it is "trying" to be a 4* but misses by someway. Our room isn't that clean - which is rare for a half decent hotel in the U.S. We were sold an upgraded room on the proviso we would enjoy the fireworks from the Disney Parks, when actually you only see the fireworks from Hollywood Studios, when there are some, which maybe once or twice a week at best. Great if you are here for a week, but for us we feel with a 4 day stay we were miss-sold as we have seen none. You can hear the fireworks from the other parks, but I don't think that counts! The food in the Bistro is not great, bordering on bad actually. We ordered a Pizza and some soup. The Pizza was clearly a frozen number and the soup was what I can only describe as a concoction to be avoid. The only bar that has been open during our stay is the bar in the middle on the lobby, flanked by concierge and reception. Feels more like a waiting area. The nicer bar has not been open at all during our stay and yet it is promoted on the website. I feel the rack rate makes the hotel appealing, but when they get you here they hit you in the pocket. Two drinks, a red wine and a gin and lemonade - $24. A small bottle of water in your room - $4. Our Bistro meal for a dodgy pizza and soup - $35. Don't get me wrong I am more than happy to pay $24 for two drinks if I were in lovely surroundings but not in a glorified lobby. Other than the bed, which is very comfortable we are really disappointed and in comparison to other Orlando hotels, one to be avoided.

Room Tip: Don't get sold an upgraded room on the basis of seeing fireworks! The golf course few is nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ellenemk

Dear EllenEMK,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I understand you spoke with one of our Front Office Managers, Megan, upon checkout to address your concerns; the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek strives to provide each of our guests with exceptional service and amenities at great value. We have shared your input with our team to ensure we are doing all we can to meet our guest needs. I hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, allowing us the opportunity to showcase our service and truly exceed your expectations. Please retain Megan’s information, as she and I would personally like to ensure you have a flawless experience.