“Great Hotel, Lost something of mine”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #23 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Ponoka, Alberta, Canada
“Great Hotel, Lost something of mine”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I came and stayed for nine days and while the hotel room was great there were a number of problems. First and foremost I changed rooms after the first night and when I moved I left behind a plug in outlet in a wall outlet that had two usb slots in it for charging. An hour after moving I realized the mistake and contacted the hotel, they got back to me and said it was not in the room. I went through all my stuff and I did not have it so I called again and it was still not there. I called every two days until I left and it was still not turned in. All I can figure is it still there or someone took it. I am now out a $30 outlet.

Second was the price of things on the location and the lack of snacks and other assorted food items for a long stay. I bought two bags of chips and a grapefruit juice and it came too $15, the closest store we found was two blocks off downtown disney which was a wait for a free bus and a walk or a $20 cab ride both ways. My advice is get the cab to stop at a grocery store on the way there to get water and other assorted snacks.

The conference rooms were so cold we ended up going back to the rooms and getting jackets.

Other than that, the concierge was excellent, the front desk was excellent and the rooms have great views on the backside of the hotel. Pool was great, outside bar was excellent and for some reason room service was the best bang for the buck way to eat there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel and closer to the elevator, some rooms are a long ways away.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cary_Wells
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Cary_Wells,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review as your feedback is crucial to the success of our hotel operation. In regards to the missing USB; we understand this is not the type of experience you intended to receive and our hotel professionals certainly did not intend this for you. Our Hotel Executive Team would love the opportunity to speak to you in further details. Please feel free to contact myself at 407-597-3696.
Regarding the cost of items at the Resort; we try and keep in mind quality and convenience as we continue to enhance our offerings and appreciate your feedback. As we continue to reevaluate our services and amenities, we'll be sure to keep this in mind. Thank you.

Megan Bruce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,380)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife and I took our son to Disney for the first time about a month ago and stayed at this wonderful hotel. The staff was so amazing and they are why my wife and I decided to write a review on this hotel. The Harvest Bistro staff were very attentive and their thoughtfulness seemed to be very genuine (and the food was delicious). The pool attendants were awesome, as well as any staff member we interacted with on our 4 days there. The staff seem to take personal ownership of our experience and pride in connecting with guests, including our 3 year old son. My wife travels routinely for business and we travel frequently as a family and this was by far the best experience we've ever had at a hotel. The property is nice, the accommodations enjoyable, but we can not say enough about the quality of the staff. We will be back on our next trip to Orlando.

Room Tip: Disney and/or pool views are nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brent D
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Brent D,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We strive on a daily basis to exceed guest expectations and we are thrilled to see we were so successful during your vacation! Thank you for giving such great recognition to our team members for their exceptional service! We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort!

Megan B
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was recently there for a conference for several days. One of the best Hiltons I have ever been to. Super classy and clean. Food was great. Plenty of parking ($16 a day) and although it was too cool for swimming that week they looked to have an incredible and BIG pool. I will most likely go back there for a pleasure trip next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Disney
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jimmymac79
Dear jimmymac79,

Thank you for your five star review! I am so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay. We hope to welcome you back to our resort in the near future!

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed here during a conference in Orlando. It is a very large hotel with beautiful large lounge areas on the entrance floor. There are several restaurants, cafe and a small tourist shop. They have a large beautiful pool area. The room was very large and had two queen beds. No balcony but a nice view over palm trees and the flat landscape of central Florida. There are a few other hotels around this building but besides that nothing in the surrounding areas. There is no shopping center where you can walk as I could see. Wifi was not free as I understood but was provided by the conference. It worked OK. Flat screen TV and coffee machine in the room. There was a safe free of charge but it was broken and didnt work. Water bottles in the room not complimentary. Bathroom had a tub with shower and was clean. Breakfast was added to our stay its not complimentary. We had a nice buffet with everything you may need. Omelettes and fried eggs could be made on order. There were good scrambled eggs bacon sausages, different kinds of yoghurt, homemade granola. Coffee and juice was brought to your table. The hotel is a bit too large and very unpersonal, the check in was also a bit chaotic with several mistakes with our bookings but besides that it was an OK stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Swedish_Traveller
Dear Swedish_Traveller,

Thank you for your wonderful review and the amazing photographs that you provided! We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss in detail the experience at check in. We are always trying to improve our guests experience and encourage feedback/suggestions. Please feel free to contact myself at 407-597-3696. Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed a week and a half at this resort. Everything is at your fingertips. ALL staff was so accommodating and very friendly.
The hotel sits on the Disney property. It has a bus that will take you to any Disney park you would like. The concierge can provide you with tickets if you haven't done so.
The room was perfect. No microwave but had a fridge. It even has a pull out dining room table so we could eat together. The beds and pillows are marvelous! We had a room overlooking the pool which was a gorgeous view also of a golf course.
The pool is shallow not going over 4 ft at any point. They have a lazy river and rafts you can purchase. The lounge chairs were nice and there were always chairs available. Drinks pool side are fantastic. They also have a restaurant called The Beech that is pool side as well. Decent food.
Harvest Bistro is a great restaurant with the kiddos. They offer free breakfast and dinner for the kids when an adult entree is purchased. (Dont know if this always happens). Food is very good here. They also have a candy bar which was a huge hit for my kid.
The have a grocery store not very far away so halfway through the trip I decided to not pay for all my drinks and buy some cheaper at the store. Publix (store name) was about 8 minutes away.
They also have an arcade for kids. I even played a few games myself.
The Waldorf Astoria is on the same property as the Hilton with shared amenities. However we were so busy we did not get to go over there.
There is a very good atmosphere at this hotel. All staff always had a smile on their face and was welcoming at every point during my stay. You dont see that a lot at other hotels.
I would stay here in an instant if I travel back to Florida. You will not go wrong here.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool away from the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank guesstraveler
Tricia A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear GuessTraveler,

Thank you for your five star review! I am so pleased to hear you and your family had such an enjoyable stay and enjoyed all our hotel amenities; we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Orlando!

New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at Bonnet Creek. It is a great hotel in Orlando! I valet parked the car, which was well worth the extra money! Staff was friendly and very accommodating...Hotel is exceptionally clean and beds are very comfortable! Pool and lazy river are awesome for kids and adults as well! We had lunch poolside and the good was very good. Breakfast was pricey, but a nice selection of food...They did not charge for my daughter, which was also a nice surprise! The transportation to the Disney Parks is as good as if you stayed at one of the Disney Resorts! I love this Hilton property and will definitely stay here next time I am in Orlando!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Edith D
Tricia A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Edith D,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek! I am so pleased to hear you and your family had such an enjoyable stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another great vacation!

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I recommend the Hilton at Bonnet Creek. My family had a wonderful stay and will return next year. The pool and lazy river were wonderful for the kids on our day off from Disney. Location is great and the facilities are very nice. It's not cheap but was worth the extra money for us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Ken C,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek! We appreciate your recommendation and are thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy some of our amenities in your time off from the parks. I hope to welcome you back for another great stay!