“A great time for all!”

GreenLeadersGold level
fort lauderdale, fl
“A great time for all!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We got away to Orlando for a 3 day, 2 night vacation. Decided to stay on Disney property at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. What a great time!

We have 2 kids, aged 2 and 4, and this hotel was perfect for them. The room was spacious, great view overlooking Hollywood Studios (firework view), and the pool/waterslide/lazy river was incredible. If you have kids, you can spend the whole day here enjoying the hotel and amenities!

Grabbed coffee and lunch on property, both were fantastic. Staff were very helpful and friendly. My son and I did the scavenger hunt in the pool area on Sunday afternoon, which was a blast!

If you want to stay in Orlando close to Disney, this hotel is at the top of the list.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course and Hollywood Studios.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank drewmania
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear drewmania,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Megan Bruce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,394)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Clawson, Michigan
Reviewed 5 May 2014

If I wrote all that was wrong with their customer service I would be here all day, basically everyone except the concierge and those who ran the coffee shop had the worst attitude ever, were down right rude and took forever to do the slightest thing. I was down for a work related conference that was being hosted at the hotel and before one of the meetings I decided to have a drink at the hotel bar. There were 3 tables inside and 2 outside, not an outrageous number for a cocktail server, however ours seemed to think we were 4 tables over her limit. We waited almost 15 minutes before we were acknowledged than when we ordered the server seemed baffled at a simple vodka soda order and disappeared for about 20 minutes. She finally returned with the wrong drink for one of us and when I told her we needed to leave in 9 minutes and now had no time to enjoy our drink, she responded that she would just cash us out than. I asked where my drink was and she walked off without answering. She cashed us out at an exorbitant $ amount so I knew she had somehow made a mistake (keep in mind I still had no drink and had to be outside for the shuttle in 5 minutes now). We went up to the bar and the person who greeted us said she was the manager and when we told her what happened her tone was aggressive and unprofessional as she claimed "everyone" had shown up at once--not true, also isnt this a bar at 5pm? Crowds are the only thing you prep for. She finally made me the drink and said she would reverse the charge but treated me like I had asked for her first born. I left after having chugged the drink and had about 30 seconds to get to the shuttle.
All was ok until the next day at the work banquet; our server seemed to not be able to talk when we asked her questions since anything we asked was met with a blank stare; we asked for rolls and she brought 3 rolls for a table of 10 people, we asked for more water and were brought red wine about 20 minutes later, etc etc etc. Finally at the end of the meal (the food itself was actually very good) we all asked for coffee; after about 15 minutes we were given cups and one tiny thing of cream for a group of 10. We were all poured our "coffee" only to find that it was cold tea, as in ice tea. We waited for our server to come back and when she finally did and we explained the issue, she simply walked off without a word. She finally came back and we all had to empty our cups into our dessert cups in order to get this fresh "coffee" since she didn't offer to bring us new cups. Again we were served cold tea. We explained the issue and she just stared at us again and mumbled something inaudible and walked away.She came back soon with 2 cups of hot coffee for 2 of the 10 people than walked away. We did not see her again for the rest of the night so 80% of us never got coffee. We all decided to walk down to the coffee shop and bring back our lattes instead of trying to complain to anyone since a manger was no where in sight.
The one day we tried the hotel restaurant (not the steakhouse but the downstairs one) we waited 15 minutes to be greeted and the food was diner quality to say the least but was expensive enough to warrant something better: for 2 people with 2 sandwiches, one alcoholic drink and small appetizer our meal came to almost $60 (without tip).
The breakfast bar was delicious but we sat for forever since we were told there were servers to each table, waiting for (you guessed it!) coffee!! We finally saw a server and asked him for it and he rudely informed us he was not our server and to sit back down and wait. We were done eating by the time we saw a woman who we assumed was our server. I took our cups up to get coffee and she told me to sit down, she would come to me. She took about 7 minutes to finally come to our table --keep in mind all the tables around us were almost empty--and pour us one small cup of coffee.
All in all the rooms were comfortable but with the extreme frustration with the dining at this hotel I will never return and would recommend you to do the same. There are so many other hotels that at the same $ per room cost have much better service that treats you like a human not a wild animal and doesn't get an attitude with you when you have complaint. Oh and one more fun bit; the last day I received a bill for $130 at the beach bar, charged to the room, the problem was that I never went to beach bar. The concierge took care of it but I have stayed at tons of hotels and never had that mix up occur, I am not confident in their method of verification for "charge it to the room."
End of story: don't stay here, not worth the frustration.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Green Features: Seemed to mean a lot to them that you recycle so they had bins in the rooms and all over the hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank darlenedouglas
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

with the exception that for some reason, I got no room service, the stay was quite nice. I believe I paid primo rates, that were associated with the conference I was attending. That was irritating and made me more annoyed about the room service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Ellen H
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Ellen H,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive service during your stay with us as this is not the service we aim to provide. Please accept our sincere apologies. We do hope to have you stay with us in the future so we can truly exceed your expectations. Thank you again.

Chicago, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

While staying for a convention I felt like I was on vacation. The rooms were clean and well kept rooms, I received excellent service, the food was healthy and well prepared. I felt that every one of my needs was met. Very good value for the money. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Kathleen E
Dear Kathleen E,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! We are delighted to hear you had such an amazing business trip that you felt as though you were on vacation! We hope to welcome you back to the resort in the future!

Weston, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Outstanding service, great dinning options and some other places to grab a bite. In addition, you have more places to choose from at the Waldorf Astoria next door. I do have to say that the breakfast buffet was not good enough. I think there were not too many choices.

Loved the lazy river pool and amazing sunsets from the room overlooking the pool and golf course.

Great place for the money. I believe it is a much better hotel than many others in the area with similar pricing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Edwin C
Dear Edwin C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us! We are so happy you enjoyed your time at the resort! Thank you for your feedback regarding the variety of the breakfast buffet. We appreciate guests feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. We hope to see you again soon!

mattituck
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is the second time that my husband and I have stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort in Orlando, Florida. We stayed at this resort in February and it has taken me some time to write this review as we have spent the winter in Florida doing renovations to our condo there.
The stay was a respite from construction at the condo and to celebrate my birthday.
While the property is lovely and the lazy river pool a great attraction of the hotel, I would have to say that the most valuable asset to this resort is the staff.
We were checked in by a personable young lady who ,through conversation, found out that it would be my birthday the next day. I thought nothing of our conversation but that it was a casual chat. Little did I know that the young lady ( I am sorry that I don't remember her name) took note of my special day. The next evening, I was contacted by the front desk that I had a gift that they wanted to deliver. It was a bottle of chilled champagne and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries presented on a plate with "happy birthday" piped in chocolate on the plate with a cute Minnie Mouse card and a personalized note to wish me a happy day from the front desk staff!
The wait staff in both the casual restaurant and the Italian restaurant were also personable and gave us extremely good service at breakfast and dinner.
We will definitely visit this resort again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear lucyvp1,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We strive on a daily basis to exceed guests expectations and create memorable stays. We appreciate the comments given about the staff for their great service! We will be sure to recognize them. Thank you again. We hope to see you in the not too distant future!

Wise, Virginia
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. The lobby is huge and very elegant. Our room was a suite. King bed, second room had a pullout couch television dining table and wet bar. (In total about the size of 3 standard rooms) Housekeeping service was very thorough, and arrived early each day (we were usually up & leaving anyway). They have a bus shuttle that runs to the different Disney parks hourly, except at lunch when there is no bus so the drivers get a break. But as long as you are not trying to get there right at lunch it is okay. It is a slower process than using a Disney shuttle from a Disney resort but it isn't not bad. Just don't be late or you will get left, better keep a little taxi money on you if you like to stay til the park closes. Their sister resort (Waldorf) is right beside them & they share a spa which is AMAZING. One of the best spas I have ever had a treatment in. (Massage & pedicure). You can book at the Hilton and it is a quick walk over all inside. They are connected. ALSO if you get a chance order room service. The food is great and super fast service. We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank WellsHerd
Tugce M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
What a wonderful review of Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek! Thank you for your warm remarks regarding our staff and services. Our team is certainly our greatest asset and we look forward to passing along your kind words! We hope you'll have the opportunity to visit with us again.