“Nice facilities, poor service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #24 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin, Ohio
“Nice facilities, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here in October of 2013. My husband is a diamond club member. While the facilities were beautiful, the service was lack-luster.

Our main interaction with the staff was with the front desk. Overall they were short with us, rushed, and really did not seem to care that this was a very special trip for us to Orlando. For example, when discussing the room size at check-in the woman at the front desk said, "ma'am, all of our rooms are the same size." This is not accurate according to their website. Despite my husband's diamond club membership, they did not offer us an upgrade which was disappointing. The main hotel restaurant seemed to have motivated staff, but not enough of them to make the experience a good one. We sat down for breakfast and waited 15 minutes for a server to appear. After waiting, our 2 year old was getting restless, we did not even have our order placed, so we just took our business elsewhere. We had planned to move to another hotel during our trip to use a few night. The service at the Marriott Residence Inn was out of this world and far out-ranked what we experienced at the Hilton Bonnet Creek.

The other issue with this hotel is the nickel and diming that takes place over the course of the visit--the costs of the food in the restaurant was high and there was a fee for parking.

Overall, I wish this beautiful hotel had better service. I would love to go back here as my son loved the pool and I liked the high-quality of the facilities and resort feel. We are going back to Orlando this year and did not choose to stay at this hotel due to our experience with their very poor service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JjCLE
Deana H, Director of Guest Relations at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear JjCLE,
Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your stay with us last year. I apologize for the service challenges experienced, as this certainly is not indicative of our Hotel service. Our goal is to provide great service and help create memorable experiences, and it looks as though we fell short in these areas during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at the Hotel if I may provide any further assistance with booking a future stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,345)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

oh wow where do I start, My wife and I stayed here 6 nights and it was amazing. Our vacation started out horrible with the airlines loosing all our info and messing things up but when we got to the hotel that changed. The Manager Veronica was AWESOME !! and changed out vacation from really crappy to great her customer service was the best and we really have to thank her for making our vacation amazing. We loved the pool, Breakfast was great and the staff was awesome. We went to the zeta bar and our server Nadil was great the food was awesome and the manager Jessica was Amazing and Sweet. The food at the Zeta bar was si good we went back again. We will be visiting again This hotel was amazing and I really have to thank the staff for making it great.
It made a lot of other hotels look bad, Last time we stayed at the mystic dunes and The Hilton at bonnet creek makes it look like a third class citizen.

Room Tip: Talk to Veronica she will definatly take care of you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Will J
Dear Will J,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We strive on a daily basis to exceed guest expectations and we are thrilled to see we were so successful during your vacation! Thank you for giving such great recognition to our Team Members for their exceptional service! We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I brought our girls for a "summer is here" weekend at WDW. This hotel is a great option for WDW vacations because it is practically on the property, has a fantastic pool, great poolside drinks, very nice rooms, and the staff is friendly, helpful, and attentive. The rate is 1/3 what we would have paid at the park hotels. This will become a yearly visit!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trilammom
Dear Trilammom,
Thank you for your Five Star review! We strive on a daily basis to exceed guest expectations and we are thrilled to see we were so successful during your vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future!
Hammond, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My stay was pretty pleasant. Room was great. Super clean. Each year I stay the rooms are immaculate. The lobby and the rest of the hotel is the same. Beds are super comfortable. Staff is always pleasant. I've never had an issue staying here before except this time. Twice on different days staff interrupted my in my room while do not disturb was hanging on the door. Once for an air conditioner guy to come in and make an adjustment to the panel. The second time was a cleaning lady who asked if I was still staying here. That was weird. She had a clipboard. They didn't know how long my reservation was for? I do nottttttt like being interrupted while do not disturb is hanging! This stay I was also placed in a room that had one of those adjoining locking doors to another room. ALL sound travels trough that door! I heard my neighbors phone conversations that he had with his wife on speaker nightly. It was crazy how clear it was. This made my keep my voice down during my own conversations and my tv at a lower volume. I didn't like that at all, felt like my privacy was being violated. If at all possible request a non adjoining room!! They also apparently switched to a new in room video system. Don't know if this is hilton wide or only this hotel. It is absolutely horrible. Had a work friend in the same hotel who had the same issues. Movies cut out, won't start, menu system locks up. That's the one thing I used to love was the neat entertainment system. No more I guess. The staff did refund the purchases that kept crapping out though. That was kind of them. Food is excellent but still unfortunately overpriced.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Brad W,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to provide great service and create memorable experiences and it looks as though we fell short in these areas during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the service challenges experienced, as this is not indicative of our Hotel service. We are currently in process of making improvements in our rooms with connecting doors, and we appreciate your feedback given. I have shared your concerns with the poor experiences you had with our Housekeeping and Property Maintenance departments for further follow up. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at the Hotel, to discuss any further details of your stay and if I may be of further assistance. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is our second stay here. We were here last summer when we visited Disney, and enjoyed it enough to come back this summer while visiting Disney. In my last review, I said it was better than the Disney properties, which is partly true. The food is better. The pool is better. It is a third of the price of their hotels on the monorail (we spent the first half of this vacation at the Grand Floridian which is right on the monorail, for our days that we spent at Magic Kingdom and Epcot, because having direct access to the monorail is worth it's weight in gold, which is about what you'll pay for it!) For the non-monorail parks, we moved over here to Bonnet Creek. It is a great property, with great service and nice rooms. You have nicer restaurants and places where you can grab a burger and chicken strips (Beech's by the pool). They have a nice lobby bar, and a little place where you can buy pre-made salads and sandwiches and ice cream and such. We always drive, so we have our car and cannot speak to Disney transportation.

You should know, there are no laundry facilities, which is a little surprising to me, knowing families will be on some extended vacations with Disney in the area. Even the Grand Floridian had nice laundry facilities. If you get stuck here and need a laundry service, we used a company called, "She Loves To Do Laundry" last year and they were great. I checked with the front desk to make sure they were legit and they were. You just put your dirty laundry in your suit case, roll it down to the bell station, and they come pick it up, clean it, fold it, and return it while you enjoy a day at the parks. I highly recommend them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Liberty K
Dear Liberty K,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We strive on a daily basis to exceed guest expectations and we are thrilled to see we were so successful during your vacation! We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort!
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Definitely appreciated the 24 hour cafe as we arrived late at night and required food at 2 am. The in-hotel Disney store was great for last-minute souvenir purchases. Shuttles to the parks were frequent and reliable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sam O,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay here and again we were very pleased. Friendly and quick check in. Beautiful complex with fantastic, clean and fun lazy river. Drinks ordered at the pool were good. Room was perfect, very comfortable king bed with great view of the WDW parks. Ate at the Harvest Bistro for breakfast, ordered ala carte although most were having bountiful buffet. Breakfast was cooked to order, very hot and fresh, with great attentive service. They have WDW bus service that closely seconds the WDW resorts, nice new a/c bus with friendly and helpful drivers, apologizing if they are running 5-10 minutes late. We will come back again and bring the kids and grands.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple