“Lovely hotel, but a few suggestions”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #26 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I'll begin with the fact that the hotel is lovely. Rooms are spacious, modern and clean. I've a nice view of Disney and the bed is comfy. The staff is friendly and the food is good. I've had excellent service and food at La Luce and Zeta. Not so much Muse...good in a pinch, but nothing to rave about.

While overall I'm very pleased with the hotel, I've a few suggestions. After a long day of travel I was anxious to get on my yoga mat. Having left mine at home I was hoping for a loaner from the hotel. When I inquired about a mat I was told that no gym equipment could be taken from the gym. I respect that, I'm sure stuff is stolen all the time. What I am suggesting is a rental system similar to that used for the pool towels. Practicing yoga inside a florescent light, treadmill pounding gym isn't a real pleasure. I ended up taking a pool towel out into the grass for some peace and quiet.

The second is a bit of a rant. If you're coming with a family I'd recommend renting a car. The reason for that is the cost of food at the hotel. Without a car you are really limited to the restaurants at the hotel, unless you want to shuttle or taxi to Disney or another part of the city. While the service and food have been excellent, they are pricey. So far I've exceed my food allowance although I've eaten conservatively.

Given my food allowance I was excited to hit the happy hour at the Zeta sushi bar tonight. The restaurant had advertised a happy hour at Zeta for the past two days I've stayed at the hotel. Tonight when I showed up for happy hour I was told that happy hour was suspended for the week. What?! I wasn't the only one that was disappointed. I don't think it's right of the restaurant to be so fickle. Frustrating that happy hour "disappeared" when a conference for non-profits came to town. Unlike business executives we don't have deep pockets-shame on you Hilton.

Overall pleased with the hotel. It is a nice hotel with a lot of amenities if you're after the family-friendly/Disney experience. While I don't normally gripe on Trip Advisor, I'm hoping management will read my review and take these suggestions into consideration. At the very least, bring back happy hour. There were a lot of dissatisfied customers tonight, some that walked away from the place after hearing about the cancellation of happy hour.

Room Tip: Try to get one looking at Disney so that you can see the fireworks!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Backpacker2004X
There are newer reviews for Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hilton has always been my preferred hotel and resort chain, and I have stayed a dozens of them over the years. This Hilton is top shelf, with an excellent staff, superior facilities, and an incredible rate. The lobby, restaurants, pool and shop are all top tier. The dining is first rate italian, and the room service is a cut above what you usually get. The resort pool is spectacular, with a long "lazy river" and several great pools too. Other amenities are nice, like shuttle service to the parks, and they even have EV chargers for electric cars in the parking deck. Overall, this Hilton is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Tracy A
Deana H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Tracy A.

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek! We are thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy some of our amenities in your time off from the parks. I hope to welcome you back for another great stay!

Deana H.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here recently on the Romance Package and loved it! The hotel was clean and the staff very accomodating. Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries brought to room at arrival and in-room breakfast each day. Very easy to get to all of the parks. There is Disney bus transportation however we chose rental car to be on our own schedule. Beautiful pool but didn't use due to rainy conditions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Connie M

Dear Connie M,

Thank you for your five star review! I am so pleased to hear you were able to enjoy the romantic aspect of our property. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Orlando!

Best Regards,
Deana H.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for business. It does the job as a business hotel - but clearly caters also to holiday makers. Be aware that it is really a resort hotel - so don't expect to be able to walk anywhere - but with a car and for visiting Disney I would say that it is probably also OK

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Deana H, Director of Guest Relations at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear THN_DK,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy all the Hotel amenities our resort has to offer.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

After reading the reviews for this hotel I was really excited about having selected it for the whole family to spend our 2 week holiday at. However after a few days I started to wonder how it had managed to get such glowing reviews. The cleanliness of the hotel was average. The lobby was spotless however the rooms were a bit grubby and housekeeping weren't great (we were lucky if we got the room hoovered on most days). The staff ..... The door staff and valet were really helpful and friendly, the desk staff didn't seem too happy at their work both the ladies that checked us in and out hardly smiled through the whole process, the restaurant staff at breakfast were again very pleasant however 'the worst service award' must be awarded to the majority of the staff at the Muse coffee bar! Awful awful awful smart comments passed, orders wrong, rolling of eyes at customers and just a bad attitude in general (I must stress that there were one or two nice ladies that worked there however I didn't get their names). The positive to this hotel is the pool. Great for both the children and the adults and large enough to facilitate guests from both the Waldorf and the Hilton. Overall this hotel has the potential to be great but a lot of factors need worked on before it can come close. Main tip for management would be this - if your going to wipe charges off a parties bill for no apparent reason make sure they are travelling alone and are not linked to a larger group of parties who you charge full bill for for the same services.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lauren S
Deana H, Director of Guest Relations at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Lauren S,
Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your stay with us last year. I apologize for the service challenges experienced, as this certainly is not indicative of our Hotel service. Our goal is to provide great service and help create memorable experiences, and it looks as though we fell short in these areas during your stay. Your feedback has been shared with the respective departments for follow up. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at the Hotel as I would like to discuss the details of your stay.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

407-597-3696

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel was not easy to find at first as there were no signs for it posted on Disney property, but if you look for Chelonia Pkwy, you will have no trouble. This beautiful property is nestled inside and closely borders the Disney grounds and it also offers some amenities-sharing with the Waldorf Astoria just next door. The location of the resort made it feel private and perfectly secluded from the busy beat of the Disney main roads, but this Hilton was was just a few minutes from all that hustle and bustle. It is worth noting that there are other Hiltons nearby so definitely book the Hilton Bonnet Creek. Getting used to something good is always easy, so we quickly felt at home as we spent 8 nights there including the amazing buffet breakfasts. The service was terrific! It really was the perfect place to gather for a family reunion, to meander through Disney's various parks all with easy access to and from via luxury transport buses provided by the hotel, to shop til we dropped at nearby outlet shops, but mostly to truly relax and enjoy the daily fun together with our extended family at the lazy river pool and Hilton resort. We enjoyed a beautiful, spacious allergy-free room facing the Disney Parks and loved the magnificent evening firework displays right from our room window. One drawback was that we found quite dusty areas by electrical outlets and wires in our upgraded "allergy-free" room. Our bathroom could have also used some more hardware: towel rods and hooks upon to hang wet bathing suits. This was a bit of a daily disappointment as we were draping our things over the very nice furniture in our room to dry. However, while checking out of our room we were approached by the General Manager, Glen Winsor, who listened to our honest feedback on how our stay was. We soon realized that the Hilton truly cared about our experience and satisfaction. We found this GM to be the most amazing that we had ever met on all our travels over years. Not that we have met many, as they are usually not as present and proactive as Mr. Winsor was. He was the epitome of Managers knowing how to handle customers and how to turn us into returning guests. He was gracious enough to comp the upgrade portion of our allergy-free room and he took time to really hear our concerns as well as our praises. And there were many of those! I would certainly recommend the Hilton Bonnet Creek to anyone who wants to enjoy a great holiday in magical Disney and feel like it was money well spent! This hotel also seemed to be a great place to hold conferences. There was something going on while we were there, but it never interfered nor disturbed our family vacation. We will be back! The Papp Family of Budapest, Hungary

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the Disney Parks so you get the spectacular nightly fireworks display right...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jf p

Dear JFp,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We strive on a daily basis to exceed guest expectations and we are thrilled to see we were so successful during your vacation! Thank you for giving such great recognition to our team members for their exceptional service. Our Team is certainly focused and dedicated to creating memorable experiences, which makes the Hilton Bonnet Creek, the place to be!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My friend and I took our kids to Orlando for spring break and stayed a few nights at the Hilton BC. We were both impressed with the beautiful hotel and fantastic staff.

We spent a fair bit of time at the pool and took full advantage of the food and beverage options offered there. It was so nice to be able to stay right at our base camp for the day and have snacks and adult beverages delivered. We all took many, many loops of the lazy river and the kids nearly wore out the slide. I think the pool towels are the best I've ever had at a hotel....large, fluffy and plentiful.

We were upgraded to a Disney view room which was really nice to be able to watch the fireworks while the kids were getting ready for bed. The beds were soooo comfortable and the linens were crisp and comfy. I wanted to take it all home with me. Bathroom was nicely set up with plenty good quality toiletries.

We did find that it was a bit of a hike from the parking garage through the hotel to the elevator. Lesson learned....drop your luggage at the front door before parking. While mentioning the elevator we found it a little odd the the elevators are at one end of the building, not in the center. So you can also have a hike from the elevator to your room if you are at the opposite end...as we were. However, being at the other end makes it dead quiet which is really nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Careylw

Dear Caretlw,
Thank you for your five star review! I am so pleased to hear you and your family had such an enjoyable stay and were able to enjoy our pools and all the Hotel amenities on site. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Orlando!