I'll begin with the fact that the hotel is lovely. Rooms are spacious, modern and clean. I've a nice view of Disney and the bed is comfy. The staff is friendly and the food is good. I've had excellent service and food at La Luce and Zeta. Not so much Muse...good in a pinch, but nothing to rave about.
While overall I'm very pleased with the hotel, I've a few suggestions. After a long day of travel I was anxious to get on my yoga mat. Having left mine at home I was hoping for a loaner from the hotel. When I inquired about a mat I was told that no gym equipment could be taken from the gym. I respect that, I'm sure stuff is stolen all the time. What I am suggesting is a rental system similar to that used for the pool towels. Practicing yoga inside a florescent light, treadmill pounding gym isn't a real pleasure. I ended up taking a pool towel out into the grass for some peace and quiet.
The second is a bit of a rant. If you're coming with a family I'd recommend renting a car. The reason for that is the cost of food at the hotel. Without a car you are really limited to the restaurants at the hotel, unless you want to shuttle or taxi to Disney or another part of the city. While the service and food have been excellent, they are pricey. So far I've exceed my food allowance although I've eaten conservatively.
Given my food allowance I was excited to hit the happy hour at the Zeta sushi bar tonight. The restaurant had advertised a happy hour at Zeta for the past two days I've stayed at the hotel. Tonight when I showed up for happy hour I was told that happy hour was suspended for the week. What?! I wasn't the only one that was disappointed. I don't think it's right of the restaurant to be so fickle. Frustrating that happy hour "disappeared" when a conference for non-profits came to town. Unlike business executives we don't have deep pockets-shame on you Hilton.
Overall pleased with the hotel. It is a nice hotel with a lot of amenities if you're after the family-friendly/Disney experience. While I don't normally gripe on Trip Advisor, I'm hoping management will read my review and take these suggestions into consideration. At the very least, bring back happy hour. There were a lot of dissatisfied customers tonight, some that walked away from the place after hearing about the cancellation of happy hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek is an oasis of fun and relaxation in the middle of Orlando's theme park magic. The resort is nestled in the serene 482-acre Bonnet Creek nature preserve, surrounded by Walt Disney World(R) Resort. The resort offers 1,009 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites and an array of family activities and amenities certain to make your visit to Orlando a treasured memory including a 3-acre lazy river pool with water slide, ranked #1 Fantastic Hotel Pool by TripAdvisor. Relax amid lush tropical landscaping and crystal clear water sparking in the Florida sun. Or enjoy a roster of daily poolside activities designed for all members of the family! The resort offers championship golf, a relaxing spa, and twelve restaurants and lounges including the acclaimed La Luce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelbag, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Florida