“Excellent Orlando Option!”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #22 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for my husband's birthday and we brought our 14 year old daughter. The property is beautiful and the staff is very helpful! The top feature at this resort is the pool that showcases a lazy river, a great restaurant and live entertainment. Top-billed movies are shown on weekend nights by the pool. We were fortunate enough to see Frozen! Great experience! The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are very comfortable and the views are great. Special rates are run all the time so it is very easy to get a great deal. We had breakfast at Harvest Bistro which offers both continental and full breakfast. It was delicious! I would recommend this property for both kids and adults.
There is a resort fee of $22 as well as parking fee of $18/day. Keep that in mind when pricing out area hotels.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook Downtown DIsney and others overlook the pool. YOu can request your preference.
1  Thank Happy_Couple022512
Deana H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Happy_Couple022512,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek! We appreciate your recommendations in regards to the parking fee and resort fee. We are thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy some of our wonderful amenities in your time off from the parks.

We hope that your future plans permit a return trip to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek in the near future.

Deana H.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,397)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The property is nicely located close to Disney although difficult to find due to our useless GPS not recognizing Bonnet Creek Resort Lane. Like a lot of Orlando hotels the Hilton is a large tourist factory with little investment in style and elegance, inside or out. A typical example would be the breakfast room which had all the ambiance of an office canteen.

The good - very friendly receptionists (beware the lines/queues though), the La Luca restaurant which actually had a bit of style and some good pasta dishes and a well priced bed and breakfast deal. The not so good - the general blandness of the hotel lobby and room (this is close to Disney so bring in some color and cheeriness), the pool (which was too busy for my taste) and the long line for breakfast at 9.15 at the weekend.

The hotel is connected to the Waldorf Astoria and next time I would stay there an pay the additional dollars for the extra quality and sophistication, although it is probably not as child friendly.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife & I stayed at the Orlando Hilton Bonnet Creek for five nights, half for a conference and half to visit friends. The hotel has excellent facilities/amenities and all staff members were very helpful and friendly. This hotel is connected by a hallway to a mutually owned Waldorf-Astoria, which provides additional and more upscale choices of restaurants and bars, and you can charge expenses there to your room in the Hilton. Our only below-excellent experiences were the average breakfast restaurant in the Hilton and the cost of the $62 Uber ride from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 291lm

Dear 291lm,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and nice review! We appreciate your feedback in regards to your dining experience and transportation. Your recommendation has been forwarded to our Food and Beverage Department for further review.

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

So we stayed here at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in Orlando for a second time but based on this most recent visit, we will stay elsewhere next time in Orlando. While it is not my intention to "rip" a business in such an open forum, I will touch lightly on some of the issues which addresses why we will not return. Check-in was easy and smooth, no problem. The room was clean and comfortable and had a nice view of the fireworks over Disney at night. The food, soup especially was so bad a second sip was not taken. This of course was removed from the bill. The shrimp and grits was horrible but we did not mention this to the server. Our face-to-face dialogue with the young hostesses at the restaurant was so disturbing that we addressed same with the manager. While the manager handled our complaints well, the "comp" really did calm our horrible interaction with this hostesses.Most would agree that tossing a "comp" at a customer complaint does not address the problem which initiated the need to involve a manager to begin with. If the hostesses interactions with customers is not addressed with proper training, some other unfortunate customer will no doubt experience the same or similar problems. Her behavior was so appalling that it seemed she felt no concern for any managerial involvement or reprimand. Check-out was slightly muddled but that was eventually resolved. So, to close this out, we are not trying to discourage anyone from selecting the Hilton Bonnet Creek but to point out a staff problem we experienced that has so effected our opinion, that we will select another hotel when we stay in Orlando.

Room Tip: select a room so you can see the evening fireworks
5  Thank Tony K
Deana H, Director of Guest Relations at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Tony K1968,
Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your stay with us. I apologize for the service challenges experienced at our restaurant, as this certainly is not indicative of our Hotel service. Our goal is to provide great service and help create memorable experiences, and it looks as though we fell short in these areas during your stay. I have forwarded your feedback to our Food and Beverage Team for further follow up. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at the Hotel as I would like to discuss the details of your stay.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Deana Halaweh
407-597-3696

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I'll begin with the fact that the hotel is lovely. Rooms are spacious, modern and clean. I've a nice view of Disney and the bed is comfy. The staff is friendly and the food is good. I've had excellent service and food at La Luce and Zeta. Not so much Muse...good in a pinch, but nothing to rave about.

While overall I'm very pleased with the hotel, I've a few suggestions. After a long day of travel I was anxious to get on my yoga mat. Having left mine at home I was hoping for a loaner from the hotel. When I inquired about a mat I was told that no gym equipment could be taken from the gym. I respect that, I'm sure stuff is stolen all the time. What I am suggesting is a rental system similar to that used for the pool towels. Practicing yoga inside a florescent light, treadmill pounding gym isn't a real pleasure. I ended up taking a pool towel out into the grass for some peace and quiet.

The second is a bit of a rant. If you're coming with a family I'd recommend renting a car. The reason for that is the cost of food at the hotel. Without a car you are really limited to the restaurants at the hotel, unless you want to shuttle or taxi to Disney or another part of the city. While the service and food have been excellent, they are pricey. So far I've exceed my food allowance although I've eaten conservatively.

Given my food allowance I was excited to hit the happy hour at the Zeta sushi bar tonight. The restaurant had advertised a happy hour at Zeta for the past two days I've stayed at the hotel. Tonight when I showed up for happy hour I was told that happy hour was suspended for the week. What?! I wasn't the only one that was disappointed. I don't think it's right of the restaurant to be so fickle. Frustrating that happy hour "disappeared" when a conference for non-profits came to town. Unlike business executives we don't have deep pockets-shame on you Hilton.

Overall pleased with the hotel. It is a nice hotel with a lot of amenities if you're after the family-friendly/Disney experience. While I don't normally gripe on Trip Advisor, I'm hoping management will read my review and take these suggestions into consideration. At the very least, bring back happy hour. There were a lot of dissatisfied customers tonight, some that walked away from the place after hearing about the cancellation of happy hour.

Room Tip: Try to get one looking at Disney so that you can see the fireworks!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Backpacker2004X
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hilton has always been my preferred hotel and resort chain, and I have stayed a dozens of them over the years. This Hilton is top shelf, with an excellent staff, superior facilities, and an incredible rate. The lobby, restaurants, pool and shop are all top tier. The dining is first rate italian, and the room service is a cut above what you usually get. The resort pool is spectacular, with a long "lazy river" and several great pools too. Other amenities are nice, like shuttle service to the parks, and they even have EV chargers for electric cars in the parking deck. Overall, this Hilton is a great place to stay.

1  Thank Tracy A

Dear Tracy A.

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek! We are thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy some of our amenities in your time off from the parks. I hope to welcome you back for another great stay!

Regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here recently on the Romance Package and loved it! The hotel was clean and the staff very accomodating. Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries brought to room at arrival and in-room breakfast each day. Very easy to get to all of the parks. There is Disney bus transportation however we chose rental car to be on our own schedule. Beautiful pool but didn't use due to rainy conditions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie M

Dear Connie M,

Thank you for your five star review! I am so pleased to hear you were able to enjoy the romantic aspect of our property. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Orlando!