“Wow!!”

Oishi Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Oishi Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #900 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Oishi Japanese warmly welcomes you to experience the bold flavors of authentic Japanese cuisine while dining in our warm and relaxing restaurant. Whether you're in the mood for hibachi or sushi, we guarantee you will find something to satisfy everyone's cravings.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We went here for our anniversary and sat at the hibachi table, The show was great, our chef was funny and engaging, our 5 year old laughed the whole time! The food was incredible, there was so much we had to take some home. Our waiter was terrific until we needed the bill, then he couldn't be found and we had to go looking for him, weird.

2  Thank MrsReba

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was nice and we had a terrific waiter. We went for sushi so we did not sit on the hibachi side. The sushi was excellent, pricey, but most sushi is. The meal was great but I was disappointed in the end. We had a $25 restaurant.com certificate. When we received the bill we gave them our certificate along with our credit card. They took off the $25 but then added an automatic 20% gratuity. We were only a table of two and the gratuity was not on the initial bill. It was only added because we had the certificate. I felt this was inappropriate and as it wasn't on the first bill we saw, it was sneaky. I always tip well. I'm sorry about those that don't, but I'm an adult an can make up my own mind what I want to tip. Watch your bill!

1  Thank Firecracker070410
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was a huge mistake from the start!wanted to go our first night. Was delayed and was not able to goo. Little did we know it was a sign! Went the next evening. Didn't look much like a Japanese restaurant. Weird. Food was so so to say the best. Their sushi was not fresh. Nori wrap was fresh! Freshly harvested from the ocean! Soggy and rubbery! Bah! Tempura? Lost in translation! Beef sukiyaki? Tasteless. Beef were not cut sukiyaki thin but were in chunks! And whoever heard of udon noodles in sukiyaki??? Seems like they made do with leftovers in the kitchen! My wife ordered ahead of everybody and her order didn't come out. It did come out after several follow ups but it was wrong. The waiter tried to nicely force her to accept if! But we sternly refused! What really ticked me off was that the bill came without us asking and way way before we were even close to finishing our meal! Bill was over $150. For seven people - with 3 kids! The bill also came with a laminated cards that contained suggested tipping guideline. 18-20% was recommended for the ignorant travelers. But beware - it is not as it appears! They add on the gratuity already to your hill! The nerve! On top of that they expect you to give them a tip??? Service was lousy! Inefficient! Un Japanese! Never again! If I were Japanese, I would've performed hara kiri!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

So we had a coupon for 25.00 off, I am thinking it's going to be good, the decor is old, and they need to revamp the restaurant decor, the people and the cooks. We decided to do the hibachi side, we were sited with another couple who had been sitting for twenty minutes, and they had two young children. When we were sited, we waited another 25 minutes before another couple arrived. By this time there was a very upset mother because her children, were hungry, at one point, I had to ask the person who sat us, if they can just give some food to the kids, they were hungry and getting very upset. The server, gave the younger child a bowl of white rice. By then waiting another 15 minutes we finally were told that the cook would appear. I was getting upset because I did not bargain for crying babies at the same table. The parents, did try to get some service but to no avail. I finally requested that the cook, start with the parents and the children so that we can get some peace and quiet, to no avail. The very young cook just would not hear of changing his routine of showing off his very poor performance of tools. OH Please, I am hungry, and I am upset, and others are becoming as upset. Finally he starts with the rice, after making a pie out of the rice he served it, since the cook did not understand that the eggs he cooked for the rice, some of it could have easily been given to the kids, so that they had something to eat and probably satisfy their hunger, he continued along trying to get a rise out of the group. I was not impressed by his cooking skills, I ordered the steak and scallops $24.99, my husband had steak and shrimps $23.99. We were served, piece by piece, so came the fried rice, then the scallops or shrimps, then the steaks, and finally the vegetables. Never again, not worth my time, and not worth my pallet to eat burned scallops and fried rice that tasted awful. I would highly recommend, that this restaurant change their way of serving the people who make them a living. Go somewhere else. I guess it is more suited to older children, but young children cannot bear the wait. I would think that they take reservation, but unsure.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Went to oishi on a wed night. We are locals and had wanted to try a new hibachi restaurant for a while. BIG mistake coming here. Restaurant was not even half full and service was very slow. Waitress hardly came by and my appetizer sushi roll never came out until my dinner did. Steak was way over done but shrimp was good. Sushi was not good at all. Drinks are very highly priced as is dinner. Your money will not be well spent here. Very disappointed overall.