“Simply, "The Best"”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Delray Beach, Florida
“Simply, "The Best"”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We booked a trip to Discovery Cove & Sea World for our sons birthday June 4th, 5th and 6th. Chose the Hilton Orlando as our hotel.

Facilities are absolutely stunning. Everything is spotless clean. The rooms all appear to be virtually brand new. Amenities are plentiful; with everything you would desire in an upscale hotel. Make sure to plan enough time to spend at least a few hours around the pool area. It's a vacation in itself.

Upon our arrival Friday night it was recommended that we go to "David's Club"; a upscale gastropub located within the hotel. Food and service were excellent. Most noteable was that we had casually mentioned to our waitress (Melissa) that it was our son's 10th birthday. Upon our return to our room from our day at Discovery Cove (another place you MUST see -- but that's another review) we entered our room to find a beautiful tray with two slices of chocolate cake & fresh strawberry's -- with a birthday card for our son -- from Melissa, our waitress at David's Club. A very thoughtful gesture which was appreciated.

If your budget permits for you to stay at the Hilton Orlando I highly recommend it.

We'll be back.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a view of the pool
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank K9750

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2011

This hotel is awesome. The people were so nice. We were there for 10 sunny days. The 3 pools are great; with great service and food. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The Spencer restaurant is awesome; Mitch, Jackie & chef Eric were fantastic. The morning buffet is excellent and Dennis was great. A million thanks to the whole team for a great stay !!!! We will be back !!!! Pierre B.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PierreBoup
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I planned a mini-vacation with my 5 year old son to visit Universal and Islands of Adventure. I thoroughly researched all the hotels within a 5 mile vicinity including the Universal property hotels. After reading all the reviews and comparing the amenities I chose the Hilton Orlando and it exceeded my expectations from the minute we stepped foot on the property. Visually it is gorgeous...everything is brand new and meticulously maintained. Valet, check-in and bell-hop service are extremely efficient and very friendly. Loved the pool bar and menu since they offered more than just cheeseburgers and fried foods. Drink specials were yummy! My son loved the family pool slide and we both enjoyed the lazy river. Even though we were there for Memorial Day weekend, we could always find tubes to float in. After our first exhausting day at the park we had a wonderful dinner at Spencers. Our server, Jackie, was very knowledgeable about the menu and accommodating when my 5 year old started to get sleepy at the table. My steak dinner was comparable to Charley's or Burns (other well-known FL steakhouses). Breakfast at Bistro's was always very good. We tried the buffet one morning and I had my guilty pleasure of Eggs Benedict another day...both meals were excellent. The marketplace had great snacks, gelato and wine to go! One evening on our way back from the hotel, my son fell asleep so I had to carry him from the valet area up to our room. A bell hop saw me carrying my son, my bag and store bags and ran over to help me. He wouldn't even take a tip when we arrived at the room (but I insisted when we saw him the next day).

I don't have any real complaints but would offer my realistic opinion. We had room-service twice...fast delivery but the food was mediocre and expensive (as with any hotel I have every visited). Also since I had a young child with me, I assume I was given a room in a part of the hotel that had children too...since I could hear them when we were in the room. Not terribly annoying to me but if this would bother you, I suggest requesting a room away from the families with younger children. There is also an adult pool which is quieter and away from the family pool too.

The hotel was an easy 10 minute ride to Universal. We would leave at 8:30 for the 9am opening and never had traffic despite the holiday weekend. We would also leave mid-afternoon and easily come back after dinner for a few hours to enjoy the parks at night.

Everyone was so friendly throughout our stay, knowledgeable about the amenities of the property and surrounding area and seemed to genuinely put service as the priority of their job. I sincerely appreciate this in a hotel and the hotel staff since most guests, including myself, have worked hard at my own job to enjoy a few relaxing days.
We stayed an extra night since I was very relaxed and my son was having fun...it was worth it.

Room Tip: Request room away from guests with kids for quiet
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SteeBee
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently and thought it was a great value. Nice pools, clean rooms and conveniently located next to Sea World and Aquatica. I wasn't blown away by the hotel but I definitely think it's a great value if you are traveling to Orlando and want to stay on I-Drive.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bellson88
buffalo
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Stayed at this hotel for two nights before our cruise. This hotel was wonderful. The staff was helpful; the pool was beautiful; the lazy river better than at most waterparks; the location convenient. After our cruise, we stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. Both Hilton properties were equally fantastic. Hilton truly outdid themselves when they built these two properties last year. If you choose to stay at either property, you won't be disappointed in either. They are both fantastic choices!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank loveisbliss
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Well we are now officially ruined from probably ever enjoying another hotel again. We spent three days there in late May and it was beyond incredible. The staff is extremely attentive, friendly and polite. The pool...oh my gosh the pool. Nothing will ever compare. The room was lovely, the lobby was large and beautiful and everything was immaculate. The only complaint we all seemed to share was that the beds were very hard and the bedding was quite stiff. We never had that "ahhh" moment when we got into the beds. They were a bit uncomfortable for our tastes. Everyone is different so I'm sure others enjoy them very much.
We enjoyed eating at David's a couple of the nights. It was very relaxing, food was great and the prices were very reasonable. This was first class all the way. You can't go wrong staying here. We also vacationed in Orlando in early May and stayed at another hotel for 7 days while we did the Disney parks. This short trip was just a getaway with us just enjoying the hotel. I'm glad I didn't book this hotel when we were doing the Disney park trip. The hotel was too nice to leave all day; no one would have wanted to got to Disney. It really is a place to stay at and enjoy the pool all day. The lazy river was so tropical and enjoyable. The slide is surprisingly big and fast. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I'm just very sad to not be there today.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank emilybl
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Good 4-star hotel, clean, quiet, with fantastic swimming pool area and several bars and restaurants. Located in the vicinity of the Convention Centre, this hotel is the best choice if you have to visit this place. The service might be better (e.g. I had to wait more than 20 minutes before the staff managed to duplicate my keycard).

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business