“Beyond exceptional!! We most definitely be back to this hotel!!”
Review of Hilton Orlando

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #49 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Whitesboro
“Beyond exceptional!! We most definitely be back to this hotel!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My family and I just returned home form a fantastic week at the Hilton Orlando on Destination Parkway. This hotel is beyond extraordinary, I cannot say enough about what a great experience we had. I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member and stay at hotels all over the US, so when I stay somewhere that makes an impression it sticks with me. I typically do not write reviews, but in this case I just had to tell everyone else about what a great experience we had here. This hotel is by far one of the nicest we have ever been to. The staff here is so friendly and helpful which made this hotel our number one on the list. We will 100% be returning guests. Even before I arrived I was so pleasantly surprised by how helpful the staff was. I had called the hotel before arrival to inquire about a bigger room upgrade since we were traveling with all the kids, I was helped by Sayara who went out of her way to set everything up before my arrival so that I didn’t have to worry about anything. Sayara was amazing and should be recognized for going above and beyond.

We stayed in the signature suite on the executive level with connecting queens and the suite was huge, beautifully decorated with a modern décor as was the connecting queen room. We have 4 kids, one with a wheelchair and there was more than enough room, the kids absolutely loved it. Our maid was very friendly and rooms were always spotless. We also had an awesome view of the pool which is amazing in itself! The pool area is exceptional, it has everything you need, a waterslide, lazy river, quiet pool and private cabanas. There is no need to leave the hotel since it has all the amenities you need. Kids also loved the basketball court with kiddie size basket. The hotel also offers golf, volleyball, pool tables, foosball and has fires each night where the kids roasted smores. On Easter Sunday they had a very well organized Easter egg hunt for the kids which we took advantage of. Like I said, this place is amazing!! Again, best hotel stay we have had for our family vacation. The front desk management (specifically Keith C, Vincent B, Jay S and Chris M) are absolutely fantastic, they went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. They are all so eager to please, they deserve a million kudos!! We appreciated their kindness and service with a smile!! Always checking on us to make sure we are enjoying our stay and doing anything they could to make it even better. Excellent service from all of them!!

We were by the pool most days and took full advantage of the Tropics bar/restaurant. The service was great, the one stand out waiter was named Chris B, he is super friendly and was great with the kids, cannot say enough about him. On my son’s birthday he had a cake made for him and brought it to us poolside as a surprise! We were so appreciative and he did this all on his own, all we could say is wow!! Since I am a diamond member we also had access to the executive lounge on the 19th floor which we went to every day of our stay (several times a day). The breakfast was great, had many options to choose from, too many to list, this saved us a ton of money since we didn’t have to worry about buying breakfast every day for 6 people. At 5:00-7:00 every day they also have appetizers in the lounge and then dessert at 8:00, the food was very good and it was so convenient to be able to go to the lounge anytime during the day for water, soda etc. If you have a choice definitely upgrade to get access to the lounge. The staff in the lounge was always very pleasant. However, Mario in the lounge was beyond helpful and friendly to us! Somehow he also found out it was my son’s birthday and he brought him a gift basket filled with chips and candy and other snacks. He is so thoughtful and this was so unexpected which makes it even nicer! Both Chris and Mario deserve a raise, they both have such great customer service skills!! We made sure to let their management know that they were exceptional and should be recognized. We did not want to leave this hotel, and cannot wait to return again, do not even hesitate to stay here, you will not be disappointed I promise you that! Cannot even put into words how great the hotel and staff were for our stay!! Exceptional, exceptional, exceptional!! Amazing staff!!

Room Tip: get a pool view with access to the lounge, you will not be disappointed!
1 Thank Carla B
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Carla B - Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Great to hear you enjoyed our Easter festivities too! We greatly appreciate the recognition you provided to our specific team members. We will let them know how they impacted your stay. Wow!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The Hilton was absolutely stunning, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The location was perfect, especially if you like the theme parks (very close to both sea world and aquatica and not far from the Disney parks)

The rooms were lovely (not overly spacious, but who spends much time in the room anyway?) The Hotel was pristine and spotlessly clean. Everything was very modern and luxurious. The facilities were very good (shops, breakfast etc..) And free wi-fi!!!!!!!!

Being in Orlando you probably won't spend much time at the Hotel but i found myself wanting to stay rather than going on days out. The pool area was amazing, I spent hours on the lazy river which was fab and looked beautiful at night as it was all lite up.

The food and drink at the poolside bar exceeded expectations (normally bar food is nothing special) They did great pizzas and cocktails.

I would most definitely stay at this Hotel again!!! I am already planning my next trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NatashaWasHere100
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have stayed here quite a few times and have yet to be disappointed with anything.

The lazy river is really enjoyable and there were a few hot tubs to chose from, which my boyfriend and I really enjoyed - come the quiet night time it seemed each couple had their own to privately enjoy.

This hilton has a few neat extras that others do not - The fire pits and basketball courts were a really cool surprise!

Room Tip: ask for a pool view on a high floor
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveljunkie212
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
barbsab88 - Thank you for returning! We hope you are collecting Hilton Honors points. We appreciate your approval. See you again soon.
Northville,MI
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Just got back from 4 night stay. Very nice place and between disney and universal. Let us visit both. Pool is very nice with good drink service. Only bad things were parking and traffic on I drive. Convention going on and events at the hotel made it busy.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank PMCNorthville_MI
PMCNorthville_MI - Location, location, location! Thanks for staying with us. During peak vacation weeks Orlando traffic can be a challenge. Be sure to check with our staff for some alternative directions.
cape coral florida
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Our party of 4 adults and 4 children ( 9,7,6,4 ) were expecting superior and excellent things from the Hilton Orlando since the hotel had been rated # 2 of all Orlando hotels prior to our arrival. We were not disappointed! My review is based upon the Tripadvisor categories of service, location, cleanliness, value room quality and sleep quality. SERVICE is top notch from the time the parking attendants open your car door with a " welcome to the Hilton Orlando" greeting. Check-in is efficient with a big smile. Have a few questions about the hotel and its services? All answered. Have a lot of questions to ask? All answered with even a bigger smile. Nice to deal with friendly people. I think first impressions are important and usually set the tone for hotel stays. The luggage is up to the room quickly. No long waiting. Literally within 60 seconds after we entered our rooms. ROOMS are clean, very, very clean. They actually smelled fresh. They were bright and cheerful. Glasses clean, not spotted. No hidden dustballs in the rooms. Linens and pillows fresh. Pillows big and comfortable. Want a shower with enough pressure to let you know you were in a shower? O.K., then get ready. All of our showers were long. We had to chuckle about this. LOCATION is a short drive to Universal or Disney if those are your destinations; however, it is almost at the door of Seaworld; some of the rooms will have views of Seaworld. The complimentary to-and-from transportation to Seaworld saves time, effort and parking costs.Make your reservations at the concierge desk with morning departures at 8, 9 and 10 am and returns at 4, 5 and 6 pm. So easy; and such a perk. The hotel is very close to the convention center, but let me tell you, it is very child friendly as the 4 children found out. They couldn't wait for the breakfast coloring books and crayons each morning. After a busy day of sightseeing all they wanted was to hit the "lazy river"-- couldn't get them out of it!! FOOD SERVICE at the hotel is loaded with multiple choices from a sophisticated steakhouse to bistros and a market place. Also, the pool area has its own poolside bar and grill. The breakfast buffet has too many things to mention.For example: bacon, sausage, ham or sliced, cold salmon. I had the salmon every morning with sliced red onions, capers and pieces of chopped pimento. Omletes made to your order. Just too many things to mention. All fresh! For dinner we found our niche at David's Club Bar and Pub, a nice, casual classy place for adults and very, very child friendly ( more about that in a bit ), David's has an abundance of drink selections, be it wine, imported beers and cocktails. We found the fare by Chef de Cuisine to be tasty, interesting and of good value. I couldn't get enough of the Maine mussels and frites with grilled tangelo. I thought I was back in Brussels, if you know what I mean. The watermelon gaspacho is special. Try the bluefoot shrimp salad with greens and artichokes and alfalfa sprouts and feta balsamic dressing. Too, too many "neat" things on the menu.I don't know why guests would bypass this place to " go down the road" and eat at a name "chain" restaurant. And, yes, the children were met with smiles and their request to sit at a type of separate high long table was met with immediate place settings. Nothing was too much at Davids. It's nice having a patient server answer every child's question about the childrens menu at 9:00 p.m. Cudos to their staff. ( Guys, yes, there are places in Dvid's where you can get your NBA or NHL games to watch, if your wives will permit.) . Many other things I could say, but you get the gist, but two I will relate. One morning a couple from Asia and their 3 children sat at a table next to us.The father's English was limited and he was taking a bit of time in asking their server questions about the breakfast buffet. I watched the server ( I wish I had gotten her name ) patiently and slowly take the time to explain the breakfast process and then literally take the entire family to the buffet area. At no time did she even give a hint of being in a hurry or that she didn't care about fully serving the family. The smile never left her face. Also, car doors were opened for ladies of ALL ages when the bellstaff was not busy parking cars. Things like this tell me very clearly that the Hilton Orlando have things right and that's why this hotel is so highly rated by other Tripadvisor readers.

Room Tip: View of Seaworld area also has view of pools and lazy river.
7 Thank whiteshadow
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
whiteshadow - Wow! Thank you! What an extensive review of your experience at our hotel. We are so grateful for your comments and ratings and pleasantly surprised to see how detailed you were in your observations. We loved that you were so pleased with our restaurants, location and overall service. Thanks for taking some time to compile your notes and share them with everyone on this website.
London, UK
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed with 5 year old over Easter and had a lovely time. Reception was great and thanks to Stephen for arranging a cake and card to celebrate my sons birthday- all off his own back.

Pros: location
Cons: No complimentary transport to Disney. But public transport is nearby.

Room Tip: The pool view is better
1 Thank ASyed
ASyed - Thank you for spending your Easter holiday with us and making our hotel a part of your son's birthday celebration.
Curacao
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The staff is wonderful, friendly and accomodating. Location is a $7.50 cab ride to Seaworld. Disney is quite a bit further. By the way they do have a complimentary shuttle to Seaworld which you need to book in advance or else get stuck with the cab ride which isn't so bad.
The lazy river is a huge plus. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the room was very clean. Quite expensive if you are a family of four though.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful. Maria made eggs to order and started your day with a smile, she was so charming and kind.
Had dinner for 2 at Davids Club, my ten year old son and I, cost around US$75, no alcohol, just dinner and dessert.The food was great, the service even better. We had a waitress named Jaztony, she was a gem, charming and made us feel very comfortable, went out of her way to please.
The big plus was probably that they had Starbucks coffee at the Marketplace. Was able to get my daily dose of caffeine.

2 Thank just-facts-here
just-facts-here - We are very grateful that you stayed with us and enjoyed your visit. We will pass along your comments about our team members to let them know you appreciated their service. The average entree at David's Club is $18, average appetizer is $10 and the average dessert is $6. Compared to similar caliber restaurants in the area, those prices are competitive but we apologize it they didn't meet your expectations or if you were surprised. Our restaurant menus are posted on our web site if you want to research your dining options ahead of time. We are glad that your overall visit was enjoyable and hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Orlando.