“New Hotel-Poor Pool Service”
Review of Hilton Orlando

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #54 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We were staying at the hotel for a large convention. I had booked two rooms and requested to have them located close together. We registered and the front desk attendant said we were had rooms down the hall from each other. So we went to the elevator and looked at our keys and we were on floors 5 and 7!

We spent time around the pool for a few days. The pool is very nice but the service is poor. We had to wait long periods of time to place an order, get our drinks and then pay for them. They could have much higher sales if they actually staffed it properly.

Stephen's Restaurant is nice but we found the food very salty and expensive.

Overall we liked the hotel- rooms were nice, usually quiet.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The Hilton Orlando is clean, bright, and airy. The staff was friendly and navigating the expanse of property was not difficult at all. The hotel is very close to International Drive, making it easy to find decent restaurants off-property by car. There are slim pickings by foot. The top level of the parking garage is at lobby level, so you don't have to lug your bags around as much. But most important was the bed. It was incredibly comfortable. I did not want to leave. Seriously. This is a great hotel with a great location, and the bed almost guarantees a good night’s sleep.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank CarmelJ0
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

CarmelJ0 - thank you for your comments! We are pleased you had a great experience and a good night sleep.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife, daughter and I stayed at this Hilton for a weekend athletic tournament held at the South Hall of the Orlando Convention center. The hotel is connected to the convention center with a short walk between the two buildings. Checkin was efficient, service excellent, and all employees were friendly. The poolside restaurant makes it easy to enjoy the pool, with food and drinks easy to get. There are more that enough seats poolside, and a large presence around the pool (lazy river, volleyball net, tennis, etc.). Prices were reasonable, and free breakfast on the 19th floor for Hilton Honors upgraded guests. A very nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IraBfromCSG
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

IraBfromCSG - Thank you for your comments and ratings. It appears that you and your family were able to enjoy our recreational areas and were able to take full advantage of our proximity to the convention center.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

In Orlando on business and took a weekend break here. This hotel has every facility you find in a conference hotel.

The Executive room was fine, noisy aircon though. The Executive Lounge is very busy with kids on the weekend - what do you expect on a weekend in Orlando? No Sunday papers there. It has an Honor Bar and food - not the free beer you might get elsewhere.

Stephens Restaurant is excellent if expensive. You can walk to a small supermarket and other local restaurants near the exhibition center. The Orlando Pointe approximately a mile away is a lively area with bars, comedy club, cinema and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlobalServicesGuy
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

GlobalServicesGuy - we appreciate your comments and are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay overall. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the sound in your room and the expectations of our lounge area but are glad you got to experience Spencer's. We hope you would consider returning to our hotel on business or for leisure in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is our 3rd time staying at this hotel. We traveled with friends who loved it. I would stay here again. We had a great vacation and spent more time at the hotel pool than we did at any of the parks. Very clean and hotel staff very accomodating. We've recommended this Hilton over and over again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Vacationer0003

Vacationer0003 - There are so many choices of hotels in Orlando and we are very thankful you keep picking us. Thanks for sharing your experience and opinions with everyone.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

If you've read my reviews before, you know that my "home" in Orlando has been the Peabody. However, my company offered me the opportunity to try the Hilton Orlando while @ a recent convention, so I took the chance to add to my HHonors points and I am glad that I did!

The hotel is new, pleasantly decorated and "attached" to the Orange County Convention Center via a covered walkway.

My check-in was easy and facilitated with a smile by Latoya, who took the time to get me the room that I needed. Turns out the room was a "Pure" room with special linens and an air filter. The air filter has quite a few lights on the front and needed to be covered in order to make the room dark at night for sleeping (I did this with some bandages).

Another drawback was the air conditioning system, which never kept the room at the cold setting that I wanted. While not uncomfortable, it would have been nice to have it colder in the room when needed.

The room itself was large, quiet and well appointed. My room had a bathtub/shower combo, which I prefer.

The staff was friendly and informative and always made you feel at home. While this hotel has over 1400 rooms, it somehow still feels more boutique. This could be because of the efficient elevator system with a bank for the lower floors and another for the upper, that really kept things moving.

I was upgraded to the Executive Club on the 19th floor. This club is quite minimalist in it's offerings, but is comfortable none-the-less. It is always a welcome respite for a quick breakfast or light snack. The food could be better, but it does serve its needs.

Foodwise... Spencer's Steakhouse is their top restaurant and it is quite good, but expensive. The Tropics pool bar/restaurant was good for lunch by the pool. I enjoyed the tuna wrap that featured a whole wheat tortilla. I did not have room service, but my friends did and said that the food was not great and delivered without some items that were ordered. This error was quickly rectified.

All-in-all I would recommend this Hilton and will be back. Who knows, this may just become my new "home" in Orlando?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cwcharacters

cwcharacters - Thanks for giving us a try. We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and were able to grow your Honors points. We appreciate your comments and thank you for telling everyone about your experience. We would love to be your "home" in Orlando.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed with my travel companion on the "executive level" of the hotel. Basically this floor was key card restricted, and had a "special" lounge which served breakfast and snacks throughout the day. The lounge was a nice touch, however the rooms were just about on par with what I expected. They were clean and well kept upto the Hilton standard.

The one thing that we did notice at this hotel was how many staff members there were. There were literally staff members at every turn. At times it felt a little frustrating, as you couldn't help but running into someone who was trying to help you and it felt like you needed to frequently tip. For example, to exit the parking structure there is an attendant. You simply need to swipe your key card to exit and enter. However the attendant comes out of the booth and offers to swipe your card for you and make recommendations for restaurants and places to visit in the area. Its a bit of overkill.

The pool area was fantastic, and you must visit the lazy river. I personally took about 7 laps on it.

Also we visited the spa, which was a very nice treat. It was a full feature spa with a steam room, rain fall showerhead and all the other goodies you would expect to find.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank wils9362

xhotardx - We are glad you stayed with us and enjoyed all our pool area and spa amenities. Lucky for you there are no limitations on how many laps you do on the lazy river. Thanks for writing about our hotel.