“Fantastic pools!”

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #55 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 March 2013

This is a clean, modern hotel with all services and amenities you could ask for! Just minutes from Sea World and not far from Disney, Universal and 2 outlet malls. By far the best part... the outdoor space -beautiful pools and a lazy river - at night there are fire pits that are great to sit by.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a bad room in this hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Dear 2Kids2TravelWith,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando! We are so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Write a ReviewReviews (5,478)

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Let me say that from the moment you walked in the service was FANTASTIC...... Started with Steve a the front desk/ hope i got his name right. Then as you moved about the hotel you were greeted at every turn, The rooms were ok nothing special. The beds were awesome. Had a great night sleep every night we were there. then comes the best person in the place Betty who works in the executive lounge, talk about first class service. She worked with us to get a large group for dinner in the hotel.
Everything about this hotel is first class. Great pool area for all ages. you really do not need to leave the property. Some of the best food in town. Everything in this place worked and felt new. So thumbs up to the staff of the Hilton Orlando. Thanks for a great stay.

Dear John H.,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments about our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and have shared your comments with all of our team members, particularly, Steve and Betty, to let them know that they played an important role in making your stay memorable and enjoyable. We hope to see you return real soon, Regards, the Hiilton Orlando

Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

The service at this hotel is first class. We spent time at the pool bar the first day. The waitress Holly was incredible. She pushed this hotels great service over the edge. We also spent an hour in the lobby bar area where we had a blast chatting with the very personable bartenders.
On my last day, I finished up work early and wasn't scheduled to fly out until 7 pm. The staff told be to feel free to hang out at the pool as long as I needed. What a blessing this was not having to hang out at the airport for 4 hours. My waitress Leeann was incredible, checking on me consistently and again showing what incredible service this hotel offers.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank airforsethone
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear airforsethone,
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay. We are please to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Holly and Leeann know that they played an important role in making your stay memorable and enjoyable. We hope to see you return real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Was good, did not like the 22% in room automatic tipping fee plus $4 service fee almost double the price of my food and the internet cost too even in the lobby. The hotel and staff were good. The comforter had a stain. The restaurants and store were great!

Dear Vdabbs1,
Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I have shared your negative comments regarding our restaurants and housekeeping to our Management Team so we can improve our service to ensure that your next visit will be a positive one. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed 27 February 2013

This is a first-rate facility -- one of the best and most fun places I have ever stayed for a convention.

First the location:

It's right next to the convention center, so you can walk easily (10-20 minutes, depending on which convention hall) or take a short shuttle ride.

It's less than a mile away to Pointe Orlando, a popular dining and entertainment center.

Next the rooms:

Big, modern, clean, comfortable, well-appointed. Pretty much everything you could want. Mine had a sweet view of the pool complex. These were amazingly quiet. I don't think I heard a sound from inside my room the whole time I stayed there.

Finally, the facility:

This place is really massive, with a big lobby bar and another brew pub nearby. The latter has a small outdoor seating area with fire pits, in addition to a spacious indoor seating area with two pool tables and several giant TVs.

The food and beer selection in the brew pub is very good -- way above average for a hotel bar. The lobby bar is classier, but really more of a cocktail joint. Not much in the way of beer, food.

There's a lot going on outside the facility too -- the pool complex is huge, almost as big as a Vegas resort, with a lazy river, water slides and a big cabana bar. Didn't get to try this, but looked at it longingly every morning as I headed off to the convention center.

There are also four basketball hoops, with full-court possibilities. One of the reasons I LOVED this hotel is that some of my work friends and I went outside to play hoops (drunk) at 2 a.m. We were drunk, loud and totally obnoxious, and yet we didn't cause or catch any grief. The place is so big, and so well insulated, there was literally nobody to annoy. I guess this is why the front desk was so willing to tell us not only how to get to the court, but where to find the light switch to turn on the high-powered illumination. I love it that, A) they had a outdoor, lighted hoops court, B) the place was so big you could play in the middle of the night without waking people up, and C) the place is so laid back that they lets us break the official hours and play at 2 a.m.

I really wasn't inspecting that flavor of hospitality at a corporate resort in Orlando, Florida.

I stayed three nights (the other two much mellower than the aforementioned basketball night) and generally found the service to be friendly and accommodating.

Some of my coworkers were there with kids, and they said the facility was fantastic for keeping the little ones occupied and out of the way.

Room Tip: No in-room balconies, but request a high room and you can go outside on the public balconies at the...
1  Thank BadAngus

Dear BadAngus,
Thank you for writing such a great review of our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed yourself while you were here and that you could find something to do at 2 AM!! We hope to see you back again real soon! Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed here for a conference last month and as a first visit it was exactly what I expected for a Hilton near a convention centre. The hotel is clean comfortable well run and way over priced. Like I said par for the course, maybe if I owned some Hilton shares I wouldn’t whine so much. I stay in way too many hotels in a year and big chains aren’t my thing even when they are well done as this property is.

When I checked in I bought the outrageous daily internet ($15 I think) and hooked my phone up to it right away to save the data roaming from my Canadian data provider. Later that night I went to hook up my laptop and found out it would be another $15 to hook it up and then there is my iPad, yikes! What a rip off. So they tell me for $21 a day I can hook up unlimited. Which I did and then had 10 other hook up theirs too. Paying a high room rate is one thing but $20ing you to death after that always ticks me off.

This hotel is easily a 4/5 but I took one point off for charging me $21 a day for internet.

The pool area is one bright spot it is extremely nice and would be great for a family.

Room Tip: Buy the $21 internet and share password with as many people as you can. They say unlimited devices s...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Saskwatches,
Thank you for you comments regarding your recent stay with us. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of our internet service. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels of our caliber and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We hope that you will consider staying with us again. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel is one of the finest I have stayed at. Everywhere was in very nice shape and clean. the people working at the hotel were very friendly and most times used my first name everytime they talked to me(I had a name tag on). I would highly recommend this hotel. it is also close to all the attractions and International Drive.

1  Thank ScottMary30330

Dear ScottMary30330,
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you return again soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando