“Incredible facility”

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #53 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Hilton Orlando is a great facility. The outdoor pools, hot tub, lazy river, waterslide and outdoor fire pits kept us busy all day when we weren't in the amusement parks. Extremely convenient to Sea World and Universal. Pool wait staff is very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David B
Write a ReviewReviews (5,376)

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I traveled to Orlando for the Birth Without Fear meet-up this past weekend, which wasn't held at the Hilton but I chose it based on it's excellent reviews here as well as the price. It was $259 per night, which is reasonable for a nicer resort in the Orlando area.

I want to start by saying that the staff here was excellent. Every member I encountered was very helpful and kind. From the valet staff to the front desk, the room service staff to any other employee I encountered, all were very well-versed in hospitality. My issues were with the facility itself, and what you get for the cost.

First of all, my room's AC wasn't on when I arrived (what's with me and hotel air conditioning issues?!) I turned it on and down as low as it could go because I love a cold hotel room. Although the thermostat read 66, it was not 66 in my room. I think it's because the blackout curtains may have lost their ability to block heat transfer? Or maybe the area in which the thermostat read the room temp WAS 66, but the whole room was not? Whatever the reason, it wasn't cold. I'm 34 weeks pregnant so I need to be cool. Second, the room itself was just....so-so. I assumed they provided robes but they did not, which is my fault. I had gone back and forth between several hotels in deciding where to stay so I must've confused the Hilton with another that I was viewing on this site. The tub was small, but I was just happy to HAVE a tub. So many hotels don't have bathtubs anymore. There are no miniature refrigerators which I like to have. It's just nice to have that, in addition to having the drinks and snacks provided if the mini fridge is stocked. But no such thing in this room (I had a king bed, pool view room). The TV channels were okay, having premium stations included in the line-up. Room service was 24 hours which is a HUGE PLUS for me because I tend to want something to eat later in the evening. It was always prompt, too. The food was good, too. Although I was unable to indulge in the wonderful pool and lazy river (I really wanted to try that lazy river, too), it looked delightful. I think my kids would've LOVED the pool and slide.

Overall, the Hilton Orlando is a nice hotel and their staff is excellent. I just expected more for the price, I guess. I stayed from Thursday evening until Saturday around noon and the cost was 700-something dollars. I ordered room service several times and also visited the market on the lobby level for a coffee and snacks twice. I just wish I could've had a robe and a nicer bathtub. Maybe a bigger tv? A balcony would've been lovely. I just felt like it was more ho-hum than spectacular. If you have kids, this would be worth it just for the pool/slide/lazy river. And 24-hour room service is hard to find, too. I think I've just been spoiled by bathrobes and big tubs.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank bohomamasoul
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The location was great for attending a conference at the convention center: the hotel has a covered an outdoor walkway that connects it to the facility. The Hilton has ample parking .. and self-parking is available which makes leaving your car more affordable and reduces the wait when you want to get going. There's a terrific fitness center with lots of equipment and no wait.
Architecturally, it was a typical white concrete Hilton on the outside but the lobby was large and beautiful. The bed was comfortable in the reliably Hilton fashion.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Customer service was outstanding, location to the convention center area is perfect, and the quality of the place is like-new. The only area in need of improvement is the restaurant and food, which were below par. The employees went out of their way to make sure everyone was well taken care of.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Well what can I say to start I have to say that every staff member I encountered were polite and helpful.... Room service was quick and I love that they ask to enter your room to deliver the food and not just enter...
The only down side was my card to executive lounge was a bit temperamental and occasionally worked.....
As I was working I didn't get to use the facilities except the fitness centre which was excellent.. Spacious with plenty machines...

One thing I didn't like about room is no air, no windows to open so woke up with headache every day as temp of room does not go lower than 18.5

I did find shop a tad expensive $6.34 for 2 pints of milk and not much option for room service menu...
Would have like some kind of rice or pasta dish....

Value for money I cannot say as the trip was paid for so cannot comment...

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Pb-traveller82
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I, and a few of my company, colleagues had reservations many weeks in advance of our stay (and meetings) at this property. I am a Hilton Honors member. The hotel overbooked and I ended up in a conference room, sleeping on a Sofa Bed that was horrible. I did get a normal room the following day AFTER I reminded them. I almost didn't get a room the next day…and I was booked for three nights. Not even an apology!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rodney L
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Rodney L,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures to ensure such inconveniences are avoided in the future. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

So a typical hilton that does have a fully functioning executive club with nice rooms and helpful staff. Be warned given proximity to the convention center you will find it busy during conventions and the taxi line me services can be strapped as a result
The gym was great and the pool looked nice from afar
Staff were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful and find solutions

Important for connection goers this is near the North conference facility and about a 15 minute (covered) walk to the west convention center

There was good access to restaurants on international drive but because of traffic you might want to walk and if you do it is a 15-20 minute walk before you get to the nearest restaurant aside from restaurants in hotels on the way

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business