“Great place. Lots to do.”
Review of Hilton Orlando

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #49 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wellington
“Great place. Lots to do.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had a great time with the kids. Pool was awesome! Lauren our serve took great care of us and everyone was friendly. She kept the drinks coming and the fooD was really good for a poolside bar. We will be back again.

• Stayed June 2014
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Jaredcrockert1
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando! We are so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality! I have shared your comments with all department heads and in particular, Lauren, at Tropics, to let her know she play an important role in making your stay memorable and enjoyable. We hope to see you again. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (922)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ireland
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Hilton. As it was our honeymoon we decided to ask was there a chance of a complimentary upgrade and were given a pool view room. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. We had a lovely large room and bathroom. We got great value for the room but no meals were included so we never got to try the hotel's food. The resort fees were quite high and the parking fees even more so. Location is great for getting to all theme parks/outlet malls.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear muinteoir123,
Congratulations on your wedding! May you have a wonderful life together! Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay. We hope to see you back at the hotel real soon - maybe on your first Anniversary? Warm regards, the Hilton Orlando
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just stayed here for a conference. Check-in went well, the room was lovely. I had a room facing the highway, a friend had a room facing the pool. Ask for the pool view. I noticed the hotel was quite quiet, even in the room by the pool. Restaurants are priced very high... $14.00 for a grilled cheese? I don' think so. Luckily the marketplace is open 24/7, it is in the hotel, and has pizza, sandwiches, etc. There is also a Publix about 1 mile away. I was there on business, but the pool activities looked great for a family!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nboutot
Dear nboutot,
Thank you for being here with us at the Hilton Orland and for your posting on Trip Advisor. We hope you will come back for another visit with us real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Medfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The Hilton Orlando is a very busy and large hotel.
The rooms are beautiful, modern and clean. I feel at home in this hotel because of how well it is maintained.
The Executive Lounge is just okay. I understand with the volume they need to manage it must toned down, but it definitely isn't what we are use to. No bottled water available unless you ask and its usually warm. No bottles of soda, fruit juice or any other beverage. Food in Lounge is only okay and very limited. I wouldn't call the Lounge a comfortable experience.
One morning we had breakfast at The Bistro. I had checked the day before to make sure they could handle my need for gluten free food. When I ordered I was upset when I was told I couldn't have bacon as they removed the grease by putting it on bread and they didn't have anymore they could make me. I didn't eat much and left disappointed. The restaurant sent a "care package" up to my room later that day. It made a difference to know they acknowledged the issue and valued my business and went the extra mile to try to improve the customer experience. I apologize that I don't know the name of the person who sent it.
Hotel Staff - we came in contact with some folks who were just lacking in customer service skills - these were conceige folks - who I believe are not Hilton employees, but still represent Hilton. I think Hilton should reexamine this outsourced function.
BUT we also had the pleasure of dealing with Hilton employees who were AMAZING to deal with and really made a difference in our vacation. Vicki Lacertosa - Front Desk Manager - was outstanding. We had a problem with our points used for the stay and Vicki went above and beyond to take care of the situation as well as to compensate us for the aggravation we had experienced before we Vicki helped us. Vicki took care of the situation and followed up with us after our visit to let us know the problem had been corrected. Vicki is an asset to the Hilton. Another person we had the pleasure of coming in contact with was Ian Anderson at Tropics. Together with my family I went to Tropics for lunch. I decided not to eat as I was nervous about getting safe gluten free food. My family ordered and as we were sitting there talking and waiting for my families food Ian came back to the table with the Chef and explained that I could safely eat. I proceeded to order a gluten free pizza (which was good). Ian went above and beyond! In my 13 years of being a celiac I have never had a wait person ensure my experience was good like Ian did. I thank Vicki and Ian for the outstanding customer service as we remember it and it had a very positive impact on our vacation.
You won't be disappointed if you stay here!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear KK4044,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your posting in Trip Advisor. I have shared your feedback with all Departments Heads for action and additional training. I have sent special thank you's for outstanding service to Vicki, Front Desk Manage and Ian at Tropics, to let them know they played an important role in making your stay memorable and enjoyable. We hope you would consider staying with us again the next time your travel brings you to the Orlando area. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Didn't give enough towels after first day.. One day no face cloths at all. Didn't replenish the coffee and left dirty glasses in room. I stayed here for location and they must know that so don't provide good housekeeping.. when mentioned to staff twice nothing was done.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear 525mr,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and sincerely apologize for not meeting our basic housekeeping standards while you were here. I have shared your posting with the leader of Housekeeping for comment and additional staff training to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again; I appreciateyour honest feedback. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This the second time I've stayed at this hotel. My wife and I traveled to Orlando, so I could attend a professional conference.

The facility was very nice and it has a great pool. The rooms were clean and comfortable; however, the staff should be better trained.

As a Hilton Honors member, I expect special treatment when I stay at a Hilton family property. At check-in, not only did that not happen, the clerk completely blew it.

It was 5 pm when I arrived to check in. I was informed that my room wasn't ready. The clerk then offered me a down grade room instead. What? At 5 pm you don't have my room ready and your solution is to offer me a down grade? When I objected, the clerk asked if I could leave him my phone number and he would call me when the room I requested weeks earlier was ready. WHAT?!?! When I objected again, he "unblocked" a room that was just ready that was the type of room I reserved. This was way too much drama and aggravation right at check in. There were a couple more issues with staff that clearly pointed to training shortfalls. I spoke with the MOD about my experience and he was very good about it.

The rest of the stay was very nice. I feel pretty confident that hotel management will immediately address the training issues.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Donald T
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Donald T,
Thank you for your recent stay and for your posting on Trip Advisor. We value your loyalty as a HHonors Member and appreciate your candid feedback. Your business is very important to us and we were embarrassed to read of your recent experience at our front desk. I have shared your posting with my entire Leadership Team and in particular, the Front Office, for comment, action and additional staff training. We are always listening to our guests and appreciate your straightforward comments. We do hope that you will return to the hotel the next time your travel brings you to Orlando. Regards, the Hilton Orlando.
Ft Lauderdale, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel was very nice and the staff was very helpful. The pool was amazing, especially the lazy river. The room service is way overpriced we had to pay 9.99 for a glass of milk mostly due to fees. Also, parking fees and resort fees add up on the bill. Other than that we all had a great time and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Lindsay H.,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We were so pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and all of its amenities. We were, however, disappointedto read that you felt the $20.00 Resort Charge and the Parking fee were excessive. We understand that there are hotels/motels in the area that may not charge for the items, but we are competitive with other AAA Four Diamond Resorts of our caliber in the area and offer quality services and amenitits in our guest rooms. We are always listening to our guests and appreciate your candid feedback. Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Orlando for your stay. We hope to see you return real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando