“Like a dream”

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #54 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I recently attended The 2014 Gospel Coalition Convention at the Hilton and the hotel was fabulous. The staff was professional and the service was unparalleled. The hotel boasts a lazy river for relaxing after check in. Many times my children want to swim in the pool but I want to cool off in the water without the extra effort of swimming after a long day of travel. The lazy pool seems built for adults and it is a welcome addition. During the convention, the staff was extremely helpful in every aspect I could ever want. Parking and food was discounted with the conference and at one time, during a 30 minute break, 2-3 thousand women descended upon their two Starbucks for much needed coffee. Although the line was not for the faint-hearted and seemed daunting, the Marketplace staff had me through the line with my coffee in hand in less than 20 minutes! Amazing efficiency!

1  Thank DeniseYRoss
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear DeniseYRoss,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orland and for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and its many amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Orlando area. Warm Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Write a ReviewReviews (5,380)

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms not as big a previous hotels we have stayed at but still attention to detail was spot on - clean comfortable rooms, good air conditioning that did not keep you awake at night.
The plus of this hotel is the pools and lazy river nice way to start the day.
I was disappointed that the car park was being power washed at midnight I had to call down to front desk to ask if this was the norm it did carry on for a while or
maybe I slept through it, no real apology for that which is not very professional, all that said the above still applies.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear 7_Lottie,
Thank you for your recent posting in Trip Advisor. We are so sorry about the power washing of the garage at a very untimely hour. I have discussed this with the Department Head responsible for the incident for his action and additional staff training. We hope you will come back to visit us the next time you are in the Orlando area. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two weeks at the Hilton Orlando and found it excellent. The facilities are great especially the pool and lazy river. The best part of our holiday was the excellent service in the bar especially Mike who was brilliant. I would definitely visit the Hilton again but would make sure Mike was still there before booking.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Aidan B
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I must say the "pool" bar, while not fancy, was great. The Hummus, burgers, (and yes of course drinks) were really, REALLY good. Service was fine, a little slow, but overall a place to stop by have a bite and relax. The Bistro for breakfast was also good. I wouldn't bother with the buffet, ordering off the menu was cost effective, and really good. Loved the Yogurt for breakfast, and the coffee was great.
Now, for the SPA, GO. Don't think, should I. As the commercial says, JUST DO IT. I was at the hotel for a conference, ,and this was my 'ahh I'm done' gift to myself. Was so worth it. The ladies who 'worked' on me were great, the prices reasonable, and if I had a reason to go back to the Hilton Orlando, I would do the spa again.
The "Market" is open 24 hours, if you need an ice cream, gelato, or bottle of wine, which was good. The store was okay, I didn't buy anything (which is unusual for me, but nothing said, oh I must go home with you). Maid service was fine, the folks that checked me in were outstanding. Pleasant (after drive, being on a plane, and then a taxi), they knew I was tired, and were great.
Overall, I would say I would go back. Nice place, good people! Give them a try.

Room Tip: I heard getting a "high" floor will get you a better room, not sure if this is true...
3  Thank Joan L
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Hotel is in a great location. I stayed for business and the staff was generally good. The continental breakfast was not well appointed or replenished. Room was clean and the beds are comfy. The pool is by far the best feature!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Overall was an ok experience not to the normal standards of a Hilton though. They overbooked and I was given a conference room with a pull out couch that was in very worn condition my back hurt for several days. I also wasn't given my HHonors points for those nights.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Couldn't be happier with my stay at this hotel. Since I was there for a trade show I figured it would be a standard hotel. This place was a beautiful resort. I kept thinking that my kids would love the lazy river, huge pool, pool basketball, real basketball courts, fire pits, mini-golf, etc.

If you are looking for a family hotel at a great value and location, this is your place!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business