All reviews pool bar international palms tower building shower head internet speed opening the door garden room microwave and mini fridge huge tv sister hotel international drive beautiful lobby hotel is perfect concierge desk late check starbucks coffee hear everything
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Not impressed with this place having recently transferred from Avanti International. Check in took 4 attempts as they didn’t provide our breakfast vouchers then when we realised and returned we were only given 9 of the 12 we were due, went back again for the 3 missing. We then got the keys to the pool side view we had booked only to find the room was facing the car park. After the 4th attempt we were transferred to a room in the tower block which was a lot quieter than what we would have got if we had the room we paid for so maybe a bonus there. The pool is nice and easy to get beds whatever time you try but probably due to the close vicinity to the I4, we knew this when we booked but were shocked at how close this is. Breakfast was ok and the chefs were good and friendly, the bar man was a breath of fresh air as such as nice bloke. Room service has a lot to be desired as we have just experienced as they simply threw the place together as they were probably running late but that’s wasn’t our fault and we pay for service and don’t expect the services got today. All in all, I won’t choose this place again, this is not to be confused with the Avanti International which is a much better place in our opinion even though it is smaller.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018

After checking in and walking to my room on the 7th floor with luggage and 2 kids my room key did not work and and I had to walk all the way back the front desk and then to our room and wait for someone to come and let us in. The toilet ran all night long the first night and I called 2 times to have it fixed, someone from engineering came and worked on it and it was fine for a while and then started again. I called a third time and was told I could move rooms but I was checking out the next day. The person I spoke with did not send anyone else to fix it so I shut the water off to the toilet. I was disappointed with how the resort is represented online as newly renovated when in fact the bathrooms are horrible and untouched and the resort leaves a lot to be desired. I do not at all feel like I got what I paid for and I will not be staying there again. I was at the resort for 3 nights and I placed a phone call at least 2 times a day to seek help or assistance for issues with my room. I received an email inviting me to take a survey which I did and then I received an email I believe they accidentally added me on from Avanti saying they have alerted Trip Advisor as if my review isn't valid. Don't waste your time or money!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank justmyhonestreview
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Still here what can I say, Elijah best bar tender in Orlando, he made you feel like you had known him all your life great for a laugh (sugar lips lol) I sure hope the management appreciates what an asset he is to them, good hotel, great location room cleaned every day what more can you ask for.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karen1601
BrittanyManzie, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti Palms Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Karen,
Thank you for staying with us. We are absolutely thrilled to read how pleased you were with our clean accommodations, on-site facilities and our central location. It is also fantastic to learn about the exceptional service Elijah provided to you. We will be sure to let him know about the memorable impact he made on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights. I was skeptical of the hotel because I read all the reviews but I found a great deal on Groupon so I just went for it. I am glad I did! We were in Orlando for a trip to Universal Studios. This is a great location for that purpose as it is just a 5 minute drive.
The entrance and lobby to the hotel is very niceand updated. Mika at the front desk was helpful and very sweet.
We were in building 5 on the 4th floor. Our room was spacious and clean for the most part. There were a few things that could have been shown more attention (around the AC was a bit dirty) but we aren't extremely picky so we didn't mention it. The bathroom was ok, there were a few specks of caulk in the tub. We never had any issues with the water temperature like I saw others mention. The shower was nice and hot every time and there were 5 of us taking showers back to back.
The tv was very nice. We weren't there to watch it much but it was big and had a great picture.
There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room and a small coffee maker.
The beds were super comfy!
We were able to spend a couple hours at the pool and my kids (ages 2 and 8) LOVED it. I loved that it is a zero entry and it is shallow enough for the little kids to enjoy too. The little splash part was wonderful. Wish we could have spent more time there!
There were no laundry facilities available during my stay but they were installing brand new washers and dryers. I called the front desk to ask about this and they told me I had to go to their sister property which was about 7 minutes away which was a little frustrating and caused us to lose half a day of park time but it is what it is. We had to wash a few things so there was no way around it. The staff was kind enough to provide tokens for one load of laundry.
The wifi didn't work for us but, again, we weren't there much so we didn't mention it.

Overall our stay was great. Our AC wasn't loud like others mentioned. It kept our room nice and cool. We felt safe here too because you had to have a room key to enter the building. The staff I came in contact with were all very friendly. The room was cleaned daily and new towels were brought in.
If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay that is right near Universal Studios and plenty of other attractions and is clean and comfy, this is your place! We will definitely stay again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Alana M
BrittanyManzie, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti Palms Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with the TripAdvisor Community. We are delighted to read how pleased you were with our updated lobby and clean, comfortable, spacious & equipped accommodations. It is also fantastic to read that your kids enjoyed our pool oasis and our friendly team members. We strive to provide all of or guests with the best service to ensure your stay is a memorable one. We are, however, terribly sorry that our laundry facilities were not installed for your stay. We are working diligently to ensuring these get up and running as soon as possible. It is also disappointing to learn that your WiFi was not working at the normal speed. We would have been more than happy to look into this further for you. We hope to welcome you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We just stayed here last week. Found it on Groupon for $80/night. Don’t forget you still have to pay resort fees before leaving. It was decent. Really no complaints. You get what you pay for. It was good for us for a first time family trip. We used Uber for transportation all the time. It’s directly across the street from Volcano Bay but still takes about half hour to get there with traffic and transportation.Ask for the Volcano view. It was amazing. The lighting was amazing at night.
The pool was good. Our kids loved it and was open till 11pm. The food there was good for snacks, staff were all friendly and prices were decent for food and pool floaties. Drinks were pricey. Would recommend hitting up a grocery or convenience store to save $. Drinks were ok to have in pool. Area is kind of skeptical to walk around at night in.
I don’t have any complaints. If you are high maintenance, this is not your place. We did have fun though and enjoyed our stay!
There is a crocodile golf place across the street with live gators and shows. It was pretty neat!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa P

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for selecting Avanti Palms Resort and Conference Center for your recent Orlando vacation. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our central location on International Drive with proximity to Universal Studio's and Volcano Bay. It is also wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our relaxing pool area with breathtaking views of Volcano Bay. We appreciate your feedback in regards to our bar pricing and our parking lot lighting. Because of guests feedback such as yours, we are working on additional lighting for the parking area. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to save with our Return Guest Promotion.