I am admittedly a hotel snob and have stayed in some of the best hotels in the locations to where I travel and the Waldorf Orlando is, by far, the very best in Orlando. It is luxurious and elegant with a very modern exterior (not what I expected). Staff was the most professional, courteous and extremely helpful (with the exception of a couple of valet personnel, who acted like they were doing me or management a favor - the only drawback from a hotel that receives the highest marks in each and every category you can come up with). The turndown service was the best I've had - I returned to a room with classical music on the large flat screen tv, slippers by my bed, bench cleared off, water by the bedside. I was so impressed that I wrote her a note with a nice tip (as I had forgotten to leave one in my haste to go shopping) and left it with the front desk. The bathroom offers you a separate tub from a shower; and while I love a good soak, I take a bath in a hotel - except here. A single king size room is very large and I believe the sofa maybe a pull out. I don't sleep well when I travel, especially alone, yet I fell asleep immediately in the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, anywhere. I even removed the linen to find out the brand so I could buy the pillows, they were perfect. This is a quiet, sophisticated hotel and I didn't see the usual unruly, screaming kids running around; especially for being located in the Epcot resort area of Walt Disney World. I would even recommend staying here while visiting any of the Orlando area theme parks (check to confirm but you can always buy the Express Passes instead of staying at one of the property's hotels), or while on business in downtown (which is where I had to travel to). I didn't have much time to enjoy The Guerlain Spa, but I did treat myself to a wash/style inside their hair salon (so convenient to have one in the hotel, instead of driving to another location) - which is high end and accordingly priced. The stylist did a great job on my hair, but the Florida humidity is cruel and one of the least attractive parts of summer; so keep this in mind. I only got to stay one night but I will most certainly return with either the hubby for a romantic visit or with the teenagers for a family outing. Needless to say, I absolutely loved this place and it is definitely my favorite hotel (favorite resort - Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz, NY). **NOTE** I did have a problem locating this hotel on both my Garmin GPS system and my IPad2's GPS application (not worth the $30 cost). Keep the hotel's number handy in case you have to call for guidance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary, luxury resort surrounded by the gates of Disney theme parks, Waldorf Astoria® Orlando is nestled in a peaceful 482-acre nature preserve near the Walt Disney World® Resort. The hotel’s elegant setting includes fine resort amenities like the award-winning Waldorf Astoria® Golf Club, the luxe Waldorf Astoria® Spa, a formal swimming pool with private cabanas, and access to more than a dozen dining and lounge experiences, including an outpost of New York City’s famed Bull & Bear. The hotel features 498 deluxe rooms and suites, and nearly 42,000 square feet of exclusive flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Florida