“The Very Best in Orlando”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #25 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
South Florida, Florida
“The Very Best in Orlando”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I am admittedly a hotel snob and have stayed in some of the best hotels in the locations to where I travel and the Waldorf Orlando is, by far, the very best in Orlando. It is luxurious and elegant with a very modern exterior (not what I expected). Staff was the most professional, courteous and extremely helpful (with the exception of a couple of valet personnel, who acted like they were doing me or management a favor - the only drawback from a hotel that receives the highest marks in each and every category you can come up with). The turndown service was the best I've had - I returned to a room with classical music on the large flat screen tv, slippers by my bed, bench cleared off, water by the bedside. I was so impressed that I wrote her a note with a nice tip (as I had forgotten to leave one in my haste to go shopping) and left it with the front desk. The bathroom offers you a separate tub from a shower; and while I love a good soak, I take a bath in a hotel - except here. A single king size room is very large and I believe the sofa maybe a pull out. I don't sleep well when I travel, especially alone, yet I fell asleep immediately in the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, anywhere. I even removed the linen to find out the brand so I could buy the pillows, they were perfect. This is a quiet, sophisticated hotel and I didn't see the usual unruly, screaming kids running around; especially for being located in the Epcot resort area of Walt Disney World. I would even recommend staying here while visiting any of the Orlando area theme parks (check to confirm but you can always buy the Express Passes instead of staying at one of the property's hotels), or while on business in downtown (which is where I had to travel to). I didn't have much time to enjoy The Guerlain Spa, but I did treat myself to a wash/style inside their hair salon (so convenient to have one in the hotel, instead of driving to another location) - which is high end and accordingly priced. The stylist did a great job on my hair, but the Florida humidity is cruel and one of the least attractive parts of summer; so keep this in mind. I only got to stay one night but I will most certainly return with either the hubby for a romantic visit or with the teenagers for a family outing. Needless to say, I absolutely loved this place and it is definitely my favorite hotel (favorite resort - Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz, NY). **NOTE** I did have a problem locating this hotel on both my Garmin GPS system and my IPad2's GPS application (not worth the $30 cost). Keep the hotel's number handy in case you have to call for guidance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room w/a Disney view (overlooking the pool) to watch the nightly fireworks show
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank munchkin80

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stay in great hotels all over the world but the waldorf orlando might just be my new favourite. We were there for a week doing all the theme parks and the stay was perfect in every level. Our suite was fantastic. The food in the hotel is excellent and thE service first class in all areas of the hotel from pool to concierge.

The pool deck is great and the perfect place to relax after a tough day of lines and screaming kids.

Location is great for everything and I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed August 2011
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This is a very sophisticated, elagant otel. Rooms are spacey. The staff is very helpful. The only problem we had was with room cleaning and it was a very little detail. They fixed it immediately.
So I recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a comfortable, spacey, friendly place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
phila
Reviewed 7 August 2011

stayed hear with family hotel was close to Disney had bus service every half hour the rooms are spacious very clean pool overlooks golf course service was excellent the hotel is very large and connects to Hilton through convention center if you didn't do the breakfast buffet the alacarte was very over priced beautiful quiet hotel at a very fair price

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank buddyPhila
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I just spent the last two nights in Orlando at this hotel attending a short conference. The hotel is situated within Disney World, and is adult oriented and geared for the business traveler. The hotel itself is 1 1/2 yrs. old and is nicely appointed. From the outside, it looks just like the nearby Hilton and the architecture is not all that impressive. However, the interior is immaculate. The conference and meeting facilities are first rate. The guest rooms are spacious and comfortable with amenities such as slippers, bathrobes, upgraded toiletries, large flat screen tv, and the floor I was on was very quiet. In fact, during my two day stay I did not see another guest on my floor. Restaurants there are named after the ones in the original Waldorf Astoria in New York, like Oscar's and Bull & Bear, and though I did not dine in them, they looked elegant, pricey too. I did enjoy the pool area as it was blazing hot there. The pool is quiet - no waterfalls, etc. and is nice for relaxing. There is a large Guerlain spa and a superb Rees Jones designed championship golf course which I want to return to play. The staff is very professional and friendly as one would expect. Turndown service at night was automatic and welcome. Excellent stay and I would definitely enjoy staying here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Equity
Bucks
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I'll keep this short and sweet!

This was our 2nd visit and it was just as fantastic as the last time. It's simply a totally fantastic luxury hotel with lovely helpful staff and wonderful facilities.

We are very demanding when we stay somewhere and I can honestly say that this place is faultless.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lissybubs
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Beautiful top class resort with gardens, lakes, swimming pools and golf courses. It is situated very close to Disney (there is a hotel free shuttle bus available) but you don't feel this as the hotel neighbours Bonnet Creek Nature Reserve and on the way you pass green forests and nature areas. Lovely!
The reception area is enormous and stylish with a replica of New York's Waldorf Astoria clock. We had a suite with a sleeping area and living area, both equipped with large LCD screens. It had also kitchen/ dinig area with nespresso coffee machine, refrigerator and freezer! Swimming pool is great, we rented a private cabana with TV, cooler and WI-FI. Ycan swim until late in the night which is great for guests from Europe suffering from jet-lag. you can also visit sister hotel Hilton situated within the same resort area, with more swimming pools and lazy river, but with more children.
Breakfast was delicious, we were offered even crab omelette, crepes and selection of dishes from aroound the world. Dinner we went to Bull and Bear's to try their famous steaks and Thousand Island sauce, which was originally created in Waldorf New York!
The stuff was extremely professional, friendly and helpful. Worth every penny!

Room Tip: select room with a view over Disneyland to watch fireworks in the night
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family