Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$101
US$94
US$176
US$152
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$100
US$81
US$477
US$449
US$418
US$321
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$208
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$65
Cancelon
4,781 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyhilton pooladjoining hiltondeluxe suitedisney viewdisney parksroom serviceturn down servicela lucebeautiful hotellazy riverluxury hotelbonnet creekin room diningpool servicelobby bar
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Interior decor is super kitsch and the building's exterior structure is nothing short of hideous. It really looks like a holiday in from the outside but wear the hotel really shines is the service. The staff are excellent and highly professional (except for the valet where you need to be prepared to wait at minimum 15 minutes for your car). The spa is world class and the layout well thought out allowing for isolated and silent treatment rooms. The food is also excellent, classic waldorf fair with a bull and bear and an Oscars on the premises. I found the bed to be too soft and somewhat lumpy but the linen is pretty decent. Rooms are spacious although the absents of a stocked mini-bar is disappointing and the furniture is rather tacky. Pool is great, expect kids but its nothing like the volume levels you'll find at Disney. Lost a "star" for poor decor and painful valet, still the best you can do at Disney.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve being the premier luxury property in Orlando. We hope to host you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

This is a wonderful hotel, with exceptional staff. They made my stay a wonderful experience.

I had a Disney suite with a view that did not disappoint. The suite was beautifully appointed, had a small dinning table, fridge and sink. The bathroom had both a shower and separate bath.

I had in room dinning on a few occasions, it arrived in the allotted time and was delisous.

Some things in the room were obviously meant for those who are 6 feet tall. At 5.2 I had trouble reaching the shower head when I wished to change the settings. The iron was just within my reach if I stood on tip toes and the same to the peep window in the door. However they were things which I could live with.

On my last day the housekeeper made a lovely rose and heart out of towels. it was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a Disney view room
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It was wonderful to hear about the personalized touch our housekeeper created for you! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Traveled to the Waldorf Astoria Orlando to meet with some business associates. At first I was apprehensive about staying at a hotel located at Disney because the trip was strictly for business. I have been to Orlando and Disney many times for both business and for family vacations. I have stayed at several Disney properties as well as several hotels away from the park. My apprehension was based simply upon the thought of kids running everywhere interrupting the calm meeting place I desperately needed for my business meeting. My apprehension quickly faded upon check-in with the friendly service of the customer service rep behind the counter along with the quiet comfort of the large lobby.

Once in my room, the apprehension further faded as the room was amply decorated and well stocked. The Waldorf Astoria Orlando has to be one of my favorite hotels so far in the Orlando area. They offer free lime or lemon water in the lobby and free coffee (in the morning) also in the lobby. The hotel has a very long layout with big chairs in the lobby and near the windows overlooking the pool. The pool area is better suited to teens and adults as it has no waterslides, etc… but it does have a great poolside restaurant available. The Waldorf has nice landscaped grounds with lake and water views. Although I did not use the service, the Waldorf does use the services of the Disney World buses (check the bus schedules.)

The only drawback for me to this hotel would be the pricing of refreshments and food. Immediately after checking into the hotel, I purchased an 8oz Diet Coke for $8.00. I thought this price is somewhat extreme. I understand this is the Waldorf Astoria and also located at Disney, but $8.00 for what would cost $1.00 at home – really? Later that evening, after my initial meeting, I dropped by the lobby bar and ordered the three sliders, fries and a Diet Coke. Guess what - $29.00 before the tip. Again, I’m not complaining, after all I live close to Atlanta and we have really high prices in many of our eating establishments. I just believe the food pricing at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando to be a little exorbitant.

All in all, it's a beautiful hotel with very good service. It is quiet, relaxing and NOT full of screaming children. Very pleasant for business travel and families looking for an upscale alternative to many of the other Disney World Resorts!

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooing the back of the hotel - views are much better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank duvanb
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. It is wonderful to hear that you were able to accomplish your business meetings at our property! Please come back and see us again whether it is for business or for leisure!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as our base for Disney. The hotel looks and feels brand new. The transfer to Disney is frequent and punctual.The bed is possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Gym is also one of the best. Nice pool especially for afternoon after a full day at Disney. A few things need quick and serious improvement though. One day after we got back we arrived finding a dirty cleaning cloth on the bathroom floor. I called and asked for it to be removed. It took almost half an hour. I was not offered any apology for the mistake at all. Room service also needs improvement in terms of the quality of food. Our pasta was tasteless and stuck together like a big ball. Aside from those two mishaps we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jj388

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We rely on our guests' feedback to constantly improve. We were troubled to hear that your in room dining experience did not live up to your expectations as well as the challenge with Housekeeping. We hope that you will allow us to host you as our guest again so that we may provide the standard of service the Waldorf Astoria is known for.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We spent 4 nights here because it was a Waldorf and we got a great rate which included internet and valet parking. Upon arrival, the exterior of the building looks very sterile and esthetically unappealing. The lobby and check in area were so so and not much better. I was surprised the patio furniture outside of the lobby lounge looked so cheap and tacky--definitely not your typical Waldorf elegance one comes to expect. This Orlando Waldorf is not the same calibre in furnishings or decor as other Waldorfs.

The rooms were just average--not exceptionally luxurious or elegant...just so so if you are used to true 5 star luxury properties. The Waldorf Orlando does not exude this at all.
I must admit that their beds are ultra comfortable and very good. Their washroom is of good size but with only 1 sink; and their separate shower stall in a corner behind the washroom door. The
bathtub is very small and is not a soaker type. The tiles and marble used in the washroom is very average and nothing opulent about it. Bathroom amenities used are Salvatore Ferragamo.

What I found most disgusting were their in the room RE-USABLE slippers! I think they wash them after each stay for reuse because ours were ripped inside and both pairs looked so tattered and worn (but washed and cleaned) Really, for a Waldorf Astoria, they should give disposable slippers or none at all. Who wants to wear used slippers that have been washed!!!

Nespresso coffee pods are given complimentary in the room which I liked because I also drink Nespresso at home. You get about 5 to 6 pods daily along with creamers and sugars. There is NO mini bar in the room which is fine with us but it does come with a small safe, IPOD docking station, and a DVD player. If you need a fridge or microwave, you can request them as well.

There are 2 pools on the property, one being a lap pool and the other a family pool. Do not be fooled because children also can go in the lap pool. There are 10 rental cabanas by the lap pool and I liked how they have a water station at poolside. The pool service is almost non-existent. There is no one to put the towels on your chair for you--you do it yourself! Now, of all the true 5 star hotels we have stayed at, the service is top notch and impeccable; but unfortunately, this isn't the case here at the Waldorf Orlando. It is such a shame that this Orlando property is not up to snuff with its sister Waldorf properties.

The complimentary shuttles for all the Disney parks are frequent and punctual...it runs on almost every hour for departures and returns. It is very convenient and the buses are well air conditioned running very efficiently. The Waldorf shares the same shuttle with passengers picked up from the Hilton next door. I am very glad that we chose the Waldorf over their sister property Hilton because you can definitely tell the different calibre of guests. The Hilton next door has more family with younger kids. The Waldorf tends to draw more of the business crowd (at least during our stay it appeared to be so) This is a definite plus so you don't need to bring your own car.

Would I return to this particular Waldorf property? Well, if it has a great rate then yes but otherwise definitely not. The primary reason is because it isn't the same calibre as the true Waldorf luxurious and opulent experience one would expect. We are looking forward to our 8 night stay at the Ritz Carlton Orlando as we leave here.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms will see the Epcot fireworks somewhat.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cliu
WAO_Manager, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay at our property. I am disappointed that our property design and décor did not meet your expectations.
We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. We believe that very best service experiences are genuine, anticipatory and personalized and we will continue to work to ensure our guests find that level of service at our hotel.
We were pleased to read your appreciative notes on the comfort of our beds, availability of in-room amenities as well as the features of our pool area and complimentary Disney shuttle services.
Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.