“The best in Orlando”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #31 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We was at Orlando for a convention . This time no park's mood just business. This hotel is fantastic , staff outsanding . Definetely we will return. Only down side , why WA still charge for internet in the rooms ???

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Thank you very much for review our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! Please come back again soon for a Leisure visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,553)

Reviewed 20 November 2012

There's little to say about my stay at the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando, other than perfect. Yes, you pay for perfection, but it's worth it. Beautiful golf course, great restaurants, great pool and easy access to Disneyworld. Top notch service everywhere in the hotel. Orlando is a very busy place, and the Waldorf Astoria takes you away from all the hustle of Orlando.

Room Tip: I don't think you'll find a bad room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rknothead

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that your stay was Perfect! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed 4 nights at the conference rate of $205 + tax. This included free internet.

It's one of the several large purpose built conference venues in the Orlando area. There is the Waldorf Astoria and Hilton with the conference facilities in the middle. It's all basically the same resort. I stayed in the Waldorf whilst a colleague was in the Hilton.

Let me say there was nothing wrong with the hotel itself. the room was at the luxurious end of the scale, large and well appointed. Staff all friendly, etc. The Waldorf gym was well laid out with lots of decent modern kit. The Hilton pool was, I thought, nicer but you can use either so it's not an issue.

On the whole the prices are not outrageous. The hotel is miles from anywhere and, without a car or taking taxis, you are trapped on the premises. Nothing in walking distance as far as I could tell.

It worked well as a conference venue.

So why only 3 stars?

Well it's not a 5 star in my book - I've only ever awarded one 5 star for a hotel (it may be two). So it's a solid 4 stars except for the following issues:

1. The wifi in my room simply didn't work and kept dropping out to the extent it was unusable. So much for the free wifi. I know it wasn't my kit which worked perfectly else where in the hotel and convention center and i know others at the conference didn't have the same issue. I did report it twice to reception but nothing changed.

2. On the Sunday I left my room at 10:00am and returned at 4:00pm. The room was not made up. I left the room at 5:30pm and called '0' and asked them to make up the room whilst I was at dinner. When I returned at 9:30pm the room was not made up. Just as I was drifting off to sleep at ~9:50pm housekeeping knocked! Not amused.

3. Finally the bedside clock had not 'fallen back'. This was a week after the official fall back. This they did fix but it still caused me to get up at 4:30am thinking it was 5:30am the first morning after flying in from the UK.

So, for that they lose a star. But it's fine if you like these sort of massive resort hotels.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank drc225

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We were very troubled to hear of the challenges you encountered during your stay. That is definitely not the Service we aim to provide and your feedback has been shared with our Management team. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you the Service we are known for.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I ended up booking a stay here last minute when I decided to leave New York early post-Sandy and chose from my trust list of Virtuoso Partner Properties of which this one definitely didn't disappoint.

I stayed in a beautifully appointed Suite overlooking Disneyworld and found the service from all staff to be outstanding and the design and layout of the property excellent.

This property is ideal for those wanting to spend quality time at Disney Parks and Downtown Disney and for those looking for something a little nicer than a Hilton.

I would definitely recommend this property and wouldn't stay anywhere else on future visits to Orlando now.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Priveluxe
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to hear that we satisfied your need for a truly distinctive vacation. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Hotel is fantastic. Lots of friendly and helpful staff to cater to your every whim.
There is no self-park option at this location - Valet Parking only ($24 day). But, if you're gonna stay and play here, you can afford the friendly valet parking service. Drinks at Peacock Alley lobby bar are delicious. My only complaint here is with the Bull & Bear restaurant. While the dining room and service was outstanding, the food was not up to the standard we expected at this level. The alaskan crab on our appetizer was either old or had not been kept chilled since caught - it tasted rancid. We both had the grouper for our main and I would say it was good but not outstanding. This is a restaurant where you can easily spend $300-$500 for dinner for two - the food should be much better... As I said though, the service is impeccable.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GScottPeckford
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, but were troubled about your experience at Bull & Bear. Your feedback has been shared with Bull & Bear's Management team and we hope we can host you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria for six nights while we did all the disney things in the area. The hotel itself is nice and the rooms are large and we had a balcony and could watch the nightly fireworks. The lady checking us in was friendly and told us a few things about the hotel. Breakfast which was included was very nice and the staff there were very friendly and seemed happy in their work. They only got four stars because we were put in a room which was next to and opposite families with kids who didn't seem to think that playing in the corridors at 2am was a problem and the cleaning was a bit hit and miss with us having to call twice to get our room cleaned when we had got back from a day out and they wrecked one of my tops drycleaning it which took longer that they said to come back and as we were leaving that day so I didn't bother putting in a complaint.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catznz

Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback to us and it has been shared with our Management team. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

This is one of the most pleasurable hotel experiences. The service from entering the hotel to leaving was an excellent one. The check in desk gave us suites which were the nicest suites I've stayed in. The room service was great and the butler was most pleasant. With complementary breakfast the I could enjoy any item I wanted. My mother who has celiacs was able to have numerous gluten free options that the servers went above and beyond to serve. The complimentary shuttle to Walt Disney was great, comfortable and regular. The pools, restaurants in the Waldorf Astoria were tasteful. The only thing this hotel lacked was the atmosphere the New York original undoubtedly has.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy every aspect of your stay! Please come back and see us again soon!