“AMAZING HOTEL”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #28 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 December 2012

planned a special time with my husband , who was coming overseas. and it was simple amazing hotel . service and the room, which I had gotten upgraded to a suite. Beautiful and the staff was helpful , just had a great time and the bull and bear was amazing the food as well as the peacock alley waffle sandwich , very yummy.

Room Tip: get a upgrade if you can, but still great place.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy you enjoyed our on property amenities! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2012

I would like to share my experiences at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Florida. The experience was very unpleasant and the hotel was not at all comfortable in any way. Below are only SOME reasons why the hotel was not enjoyable.
1. Thieves. During my stay here, my phone was lying around the hotel and I was under the false impression that the security was excellent in the hotel. I was wrong. The next day, my phone was stolen!
2. Lack of Toiletries. During the first night of my family’s stay, we had to request basic toiletries such as toothbrushes, shower gel, soap etc. With 5 people staying in two rooms, we were given ONLY 1 bottle of shower gel and shampoo each day between the two rooms in which we were staying. Also, the housekeeper did not even change the tissue box when it was empty. Finally, the cotton buds and cotton wipe packs were already opened before we even touched it, which signifies that the housekeeper probably never changed it.
3. Cleaning service is horrible. The bathrooms are cleaned badly. On the first night, we saw some hair on the ground of the bathroom. By the 5th night of our stay, it was still there on the ground. Also, the slippers look as if they should have been replaced a long time ago.
4. Loud clicking noise in the middle of the night due to the heater. During the 3rd night of our stay, the heater broke down and started making clicking noises. The next morning, we asked the front desk if they could help us fix it. When we arrived back in the hotel that night it was STILL broken. We complained and the manager suggested a room change! It was 10 pm at night with our baby asleep, and we had ONE HOUR to pack our things and to give another guest the room. That would mean that THEY would have to suffer the clicking noise and not get a good night’s sleep! How could the manager be THIS CRUEL to someone? We endured it for another night and complained again the next day. When the repairperson came, there were no staff that followed him, and WE were expected to answer his questions on why the heater was broken! This wasted my time and ruined our schedule for the day.
5. NO Complimentary water. All other hotels had at least 4 bottles of water per room provided free every day, but this hotel had nothing like that! This hotel sold bottled water for 4 American dollars, and the bottles were tiny to boot!
6. Lousy Management. Firstly, when we booked the hotel, we already asked for a baby cradle. When we checked in, the receptionist told us that they knew we needed a baby cradle. That night, no baby cradle was given, so we reported this to the front desk the next morning. That night, there was STILL no baby cradle. We asked for it again on the 3rd morning, and finally the baby cradle was given. Also, another sign of poor management was when the payment was settled on the last day. When we arrived back at home, we reviewed our “e-receipt” of our credit card, and found that they charged one night twice! This is unacceptable, and whether done intentionally or as a sign of poor management, this shows that the hotel staff were undertrained. Lastly, when we booked the hotel via the phone, we requested 2 CONNECTING suites, and they said that it was OK. When we arrived, they said that there were only 2 suites NEARBY, but not connecting. This meant that we got downgraded to a suite and a room.
As it is clearly shown, this hotel is an overpriced, lousy hotel that claims to be “5 stars.” They must be deluded to think that, as this was the worst hotel I have ever been to. I have been to many “5 stars” hotels including the Waldorf Astoria in Shanghai, and I cannot believe that this faction in Florida is this bad - so bad that it shouldn’t rank more than “3 stars!” I demand an explanation of why the hotel was this terrible.

14  Thank Nelson_328

We are glad you chose our property during your stay in our area, and I apologize that you encountered unsatisfactory conditions in your guest room. We have addressed these concerns and instituted additional training with our housekeeping and engineering staffs to avoid these issues in the future and to ensure that our guests are surrounded by inspirational environments during their stays. Guest safety is another priority and I am anxious to hear your story about the stolen cell phone. Please contact me directly so that I can speak with you about it. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you will find the singular Waldorf luxury experience you deserve.

Jason P. Smith
Front Office Manager
jason.smith@waldorfastoria.com
407-597-5264

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Stayed here in July 2011(I know the review is a bit late).. Had a great time..
Pool area is great and the staff were always bring by little treats throughout the day.

I am also a vegetarian and we had lunch quite a few times at the resort in the pool area and it was always great.

In my opinion best resort in Orlando

Over great excellent hotel and we had a great time...

• Stayed: December 2011
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with with us. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

The only hotel in Orlando for the discerning guests.

These guys really listen to customer feedback... I have observed at least 5 previous guest "grumbles" that have been more than rectified!

Bravo to the staff and management!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank MarkWilc
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay. We take our guests' feedback very seriously and it makes us feel wonderful to know that we are succeeding in improving our guests' experience! We hope to host you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I will absolutely stay at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando the next time I am in Orlando. I throughly enjoyed my stay, loved the rooms, appreciated the cleanliness, and was overwhelmed by the genuie couteousness of the staff. It was a very memorable stay.

1  Thank Virginiatraveler009

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy we were able to make your stay a memorable one! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Having recently stayed at the Woldorf Astoria I wish to pass on my thanks to the whole team at the Waldorf Astoria for making our stay at the hotel a most memorable one. From the minute we arrived until our departure we all felt the service was exceptional, warm and friendly.

Myself and my family had a fantastic time and have returned home with some very special memories of our stay.

Can you please pass on our thanks to all staff at Peacock Ally, Reception, Bell Services, Cleaning, Consierge, and Aquamarine who all made the stay a very memorable one.

We will very much stay again

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are ecstatic that so many of our team members impacted your stay so much! Please back and see your Waldorf family soon!

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Was in Orlando to visit family and Disney World for a long weekend in early November. This hotel was everything one could want in a luxury hotel. The rooms were comfortable in size, and ours had a very nice view of the golf course. Staff at front desk and bell/valets all went out of their way to be accommodating. The pool area was very relaxing - a perfect place to escape from the rest of Orlando. Meals at the restaurants were great (but should be for the prices). We had a car, so location was very convenient. We didn't use the resort shuttle to theme parks, but it did seem to be readily available. Only 2 minor complaints, and they aren't enough to diminish my opinion of the property: First, the usual complaint about lack of free internet/wifi (but that is unfortunately common in higher end hotels), and second, the lack of a true "doorman". Although there was an abundant amount staff at the hotel entrance,no one was actually opening the [relatively heavy] front doors. A very minor complaint, I know, but for a hotel that gets everything else right, it kind of stood out. There is no question, however, that we will stay here again.

2  Thank Alan R
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and your feedback you presented will be shared with our Management team. We hope to host you as our guest soon!