Our family of three generations spent the Christmas holiday at Waldorf Orlando and enjoyed it very much.
Hotel physical conditions: excellent given that it is only five years old. Both the public spaces and rooms are beautifully furnished and designed. We had an one bedroom suite and a connecting double room for the six of us. It was very spacious. The suite comes with a balcony that was perfect for viewing the Disney fireworks at night.
Location: located on the Disney grounds, the hotel provides free shuttle devices throughout the day to the parks plus Disney downtown. The shuttle bus is comfortable and on time. It drops you off pretty close to the entrance and we thought it was much better than driving ourselves and trying to find parking and taking the team in the parking lot. Search Bonnet Shuttle on Google for latest shuttle timetable.
Amenities: the spa was terrific. It has steam room and jacuzzi in the locker rooms. The facial and deep tissue massage I got were both excellent. As a hotel guest, you get 10% off services, a perk as part of the resort fee charge (which also gets you wifi and two free drinks at the lobby bar). The pool is great, and heated at 82 degrees. There is a kids program where you can drop off the kids. We didn't use that, but did took our kids to the play room. It wasn't big, but they had fun.
Food: buffet breakfast and dinner at their fine dining restaurant Bull and Bear were both good. But dinner at their bistro Oscars and lunch at the lobby bar were only average, with some dishes below average. This is one area the hotel can do better. Luckily, the chances are you won't have too many meals at the resort given how my time you will spend at the parks.
Tips: if you are traveling with a family, go for the the suite. I thought paying less than 50% more than the regular room is well worth it. Also, get the breakfast package. For $40 more, you get buffet breakfast for two adults including all taxes and service charges. Kids under 3 eat free. It makes mornings so much easier. Lastly, you can buy disney tickets in the hotel lobby and the staff is vey knowledgeable.
We really enjoyed the hotel. Everyone was helpful and professional. You will love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary, luxury resort surrounded by the gates of Disney theme parks, Waldorf Astoria® Orlando is nestled in a peaceful 482-acre nature preserve near the Walt Disney World® Resort. The hotel’s elegant setting includes fine resort amenities like the award-winning Waldorf Astoria® Golf Club, the luxe Waldorf Astoria® Spa, a formal swimming pool with private cabanas, and access to more than a dozen dining and lounge experiences, including an outpost of New York City’s famed Bull & Bear. The hotel features 498 deluxe rooms and suites, and nearly 42,000 square feet of exclusive flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Florida