“Class of its Own”

GreenLeadersGold level
Birmingham, Alabama
“Class of its Own”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I absolutely love the Waldorf. We took a quick turnaround trip to Disney for Thanksgiving. Needed to get away from the turkey, this was the right place to visit. The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays and not crowded. We had a king suite and it was spacious and provided all of the creature comforts we needed. If you want to get away and not be consumed by the mouse, try the Waldorf. You won't be disappointed and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Sap811,

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a nice Tripadvisor review of our resort. Our team truly takes great pride in the holiday season and to hear your positive comments we are truly thankful.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Visited for a week with wife on couples escape. Used AAA rate under $300 per night in January. This place is all about service, seriously great service. The hotel is a complex of the Waldorf and Hilton hotels separated by a big convention center of meeting rooms. You can use both Waldorf and Hilton facilities (Hilton has river pool for example). Truth be told, the building does not blow you away, but it is nice enough, room OK, free netespresso coffee in room, turn down service with chocolate, etc. We did not rent a car, instead used the hotel car service to/fro airport (~ $70/each way) and shuttle service (free) for disney parks. We tried both Hilton and Waldorf restaurants, pricey but great service and food. Golfed 3 times: course was in great condition, private course greens, fast and pure. Again, great service, w/o asking, clubs and shoes cleaned, brought back to room. Let me tell you, the bar tenders, cart service and the food service folk really took care of us.

Hotel is in (abuts?) Disney World park, close to Downtown Disney. About 40 mins from airport.

Negative: spa is way overpriced. Wife spent $300 for facial is crazy, even for luxury spa.
Negative: forced "resort" fee for using spa/gym and free wi-fi. This is not spirit airlines, just include it in the price and stop charging "usage fees" when there is no choice but to pay. I mean, really, why not charge $99 per night and charge $200 resort fee?!!? It is a jerk thing to do, something I expect from Hilton, but Waldorf Astoria should be better. Cheapens the brand.
Negative: Bar is too high/stools too low in lobby bar.
Lame: Bikes are available to ride ... lame bikes really, limited ride area.
Plus for parents: gym has daycare right there so you can workout while kid is watched.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZedPM
Dear ZedPM,

As we are grateful for your five star review of our resort, we are also thankful for your feedback. Our management team has taken full action on your comments and would like you to know how much we value your time and review of your stay with us.
Moscow
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Our stay at Waldorf Astoria Orlando was rather short (only two nights), but nevertheless very comfortable and memorable despite the weather (temperature drop to almost 0) that prevented us from enjoying hotel outdoor facilities and balcony with wonderful view. Otherwise, everything else was excellent and this hotel is truely up to the top mark.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear KostaKo,

We thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, even through the Florida sun did not shine to its full strength. Our team hopes to welcome you back soon to take full advantage of our beautiful pool and outdoor activities.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Came to Orlando for surgery and needed to stay for a week to recover. My surgeon recommended I stay at the Waldorf.What a fantastic place. The service is first class. I'm writing this in a recliner the hotel found for me. They went out of their way to get me the foods I could eat. They called and checked on me. The car service on site was great. I spent 2 days recovering in a pool side Cabana. The property and room views were beautiful and the Deluxe Suite was very comfortable. The food was tasty and nicely prepared. I've stayed at a lot of beautiful hotels around the world and honestly did not expect this quality of hotel in Orlando. I am going to bring my family back for 10 days in June so that I can really enjoy all the amenities I wasn't able to enjoy recovering from my surgery. Thank you Waldorf I honestly think my recovery was enhanced by the way my wife and I were treated here!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John F
Dear Bima01,

As a Senior Tripadvisor Contributor our team cannot thank you enough for your amazing comments of our resort and that we lived up to your high expectations. Please let us know if you need anything prior to your arrival in June.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Was here as a speaker for a dental convention and was a beautiful hotel with wonderful location. The staff and front desk were very helpful, and the room was wonderful!!!!! They have a shuttle that is great if you want to venture to Disneyland parks.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Jason S, Director of Guest Experiences at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Dave92024,

As a well respected Tripadvisor contributor we are honored to read your five star review of our resort. Our dedicated team knows and understands the expectations you expect while traveling and we wish to serve you again in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel, I stayed with my wife and son, it was a nice getaway from the craziness of Disney. I would not use the shuttle to the parks, getting there is not bad, but getting home it takes too long and too many stops.

If you are looking for a place that is close to the parks, but away from the craziness....this is the place to stay. Plus it is everything you would expect from a Waldorf, great service, great people, great pool, great food.......GREAT.

Room Tip: Go for the full disney view, it is worth it.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank swhite1967
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Swhite1967,

Thank you Swhite1967 for your five star Tripadvisor review. We truly value your feedback and can’t wait to serve you and your family again.
orlando, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I really hate to tell people how wonderful the Waldorf is for New Years. I would really rather keep it a secret. They had a great band and wonderful dinner at Bull & Bear Restaurant. The accommodations were luxurious as you would expect and they had the fires roaring at the pool.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Lisa M.,

Thank you for sharing your secret with the Tripadvisor community. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your dining experience in Bull & Bear, as we all celebrated bringing in the New Year together!