“3rd Time and Still Loving It”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #25 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Cleveland, Ohio
“3rd Time and Still Loving It”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is our 3rd time staying with the Waldorf in Orlando. We come every year to celebrate our anniversary (a little late) and my birthday. Last year we brought my partner's parents, this year we brought his brother and sister-in-law. We are very fortunate and like to give our family some pampering time, during the harsh winter months. The Waldorf has never failed us.

This time we upgraded to a Disney View Suite. It was nice, but oddly enough, I did not enjoy it as much. Not sure why, maybe I really enjoyed our wooded or golf view the previous years? nice to move around, but hoping for golf next year.

Not much I can say that has not been said in the previous year reviews, but few things always stick in my mind. LOVE the new "Text to get your car" feature. Love the smell of the whole hotel. Love the grounds....so stunning!

Check in was a wee bit slow this year. Our room was not ready at 3pm, so they indicated to wait and they would text when ready. By 5:15 I had it, and checked back......room was ready but they never texted. I was irritated, but they gave us some free drink tickets, which instantly change my mood.

Room very comfortable. Internet was surprisingly good this year. LOVE the breakfast buffet...pricy but so good!

Will be back next February. Will be trying the Hilton next door at the end of this year, just as a treat to ourselves.

Thanks Waldorf!

1 Thank Cherzner
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Cherzner,
Thank you for taking the time to give such great feedback regarding your stay, and thank you for the glowing 5-star rating! We apologize again about any arrival inconveniences, but we are glad that we were able to get you situated promptly, and that you are enjoying all of our amenities, including our upgraded internet services! We are looking forward to hosting you again for your next anniversary/birthday! Let us know if we can assist in any future reservations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (916)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Detroit
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were very pleased with the rooms and services at this hotel. Service was very good and professional. We certainly received great quality for the price - particularly since after two nights in a room we were upgraded to a suite upon us raising the issue of noise from the room connecting to ours. We will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid connecting rooms if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dbocca
Dear dbocca,
We are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for rating us five stars! We cannot wait to host you again, hopefully soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have been to Orlando several times over the past seven years as I have three small children and it is a quick getaway that meets the leisure needs of all the family members. In the past we have always stayed at the JW Marriott/Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes property. I chose to stay at the Waldorf Astoria as it was only going to be my four year old daughter and myself on this Disney getaway and I didn't want the hassle of having to rent a car to get to the parks. What attracted me to the property initially was the bus service to the parks from the hotel. What will keep me coming back to this property is the level of exceptional service from every member of staff that I encountered, the convenience of the bus service to the parks, and of course the beautiful hotel itself. I stayed five nights in a deluxe double bedroom. The room was very clean and beautifully appointed. Housekeeping did a great job each night and my 4 year old loved the turn down service at night, which was far better than any hotel I've stayed in. The hotel is really elegant. I did not get to eat at Bull & Bear, but I did order room service and the Bull & Bear mac n cheese with lobster is a must. Room service always arrived before the designated time of arrival. The grounds and pool were gorgeous. The pool was heated exactly the way I like it. I have to highlight some staff members that made the stay exceptional. Jonathan Barney is a server for Aquamarine and pool area. This is a gentleman who clearly takes pride in his work and keeps up the reputation of the Waldorf. He was extremely attentive, friendly and helpful. He remembered my name each day and even when he was not serving the side I was sitting on, he would go out of his way to say hello to both my daughter and I. But what really made my daughter's (and mine) day was that he remembered that she liked Elsa from Frozen and he made it a point to address her this way. If you have a daughter who loves the Disney princesses and loves pretending that she is one, you can imagine how thrilled she was by this. She also loves extra cherries on her smoothies. When I forget to tell my server (not Jonathan), Jonathan who happened to be nearby remembered and told my server to put them on. Even the other server said "Jonathan is great like that." Little things like this make a great experience so personal and make them outstanding. Christian, Aquamarine server as well, was new to the hotel, and was another great asset to the hotel. When I felt bad for asking him so many questions his response was "I'm new, so when you ask me and I get an answer for you, it helps me to learn." Lastly, Peter Curtis, pool manager, again, very friendly and really made my daughter's night. We were having dinner at Aquamarine and she was dressed in her Queen Elsa costume, he completely acted as if he were in the presence of the real Queen Elsa and gave her a pen and paper and asked for her autograph. Such a special touch. She giggled all night and couldn't believe that he asked for her autograph. This is my first time writing a review for TripAdvisor but I felt compelled to based on the level of service my daughter and I received during our stay. The bus shuttle to the parks was a huge perk. It is important to note for others traveling with children how great this service was. Juggling your children, bags and stroller can be a lot. However, your stroller does not have to be folded. The driver simply takes it from you, as is, and puts it under the bus. This was a lifesaver, particularly when leaving Magic Kingdom at midnight, exhausted, with an equally exhausted child and tons of bags. I couldn't wait to fill my husband in on my new hotel "find" and we are all looking forward to coming back. We already have a reservation for December! Great job Waldorf! Hotel is amazing and the staff is even better!

4 Thank DJG7911
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear DJG7911,
WOW! What an incredible review! We are thrilled to hear of every interaction that you encountered during your stay with us. Rest assured that we have passed on every single comment to our management, to ensure that our team receives the recognition they deserve for providing such outstanding service. We truly appreciate you taking the time to mention so many of our associates and give them the spotlight! We hope to see you again soon, and don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist in any future reservations.
Chapel Hill, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel will not fail you, food was fantastic, service was excellent, grounds are beautiful, and the piano bar in the evening was very relaxing. We celebrated our wedding anniversary here and were not disappointed! Although more expensive than other hotels, the quality you get with the price is well worth the money. A very similar breakfast is served a short walk away at the Hilton at a much lower price, but you'll have to contend with noise and a lot of families there. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

2 Thank Vivian W
Dear Vivian W,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay and for taking the time to comment on so many of the different aspects of the hotel! We hope to see you again soon!
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The "rack rate" on our room was over $800. We paid $169, all in. Food, wi-fi & parking extra.
Great kitchen/view/and staff. Food outstanding; nothing out of a bag. Lots of organic. They even make an omelet the right way. From bellman to wait staff, front desk--- you will have a great experience. Everything you could wish in a really fine hotel....and I have stayed at them all many times. We were part of a group. Wish you luck in your search for a decent rate as it was an exceptional value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool with the golf course in the mid distance and Disney beyond that...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kasey1945
Dear kasey1945,
Thank you for the 5 stars! We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay, from start to finish. We would love to host you again soon whenever you're back in Orlando!
Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Just returned from Orlando. We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in Downtown Disney. This is our 3rd stay in five years.Excellent property. Service was impeccable. Golf course is in excellent shape and the pro's are very helpful. Our room had a beautiful view of the golf course and the Pool area. Definite must stay for families looking to get away from the Disney craze while stating in Disney.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that overlook the golf course as you can see Epcot in the distance
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashim K
Dear Ashim K,
Thank you for your five-star review of your stay! We love that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities, and can't wait to have you back for your FOURTH stay!
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I highly recommend this resort! Location (near Disney) and free/included bus shuttle make it convenient for families. Golf course fantastic with free golf clubs and driving range usage. Great value for money when playing, 125 dollars incl golf buggy. Breakfast is amazing. Pool area is good, but even better when you include the free usage of the pool area at Hilton (next door) with "lazy river" (kids love it). Staff is very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Henrik V,
Thank you for your glowing 5-star review of our hotel. We love that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities, including our golf facilities, and even the Hilton next door! We hope you choose us again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!