Waldorf Astoria Orlando
US$386
US$272
US$227
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$107
US$91
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$449
US$505
US$428
Agoda.com
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$213
Travelocity
4,772 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyhilton pooladjoining hiltondeluxe suitedisney viewdisney parksroom serviceturn down servicela lucebeautiful hotellazy riverluxury hotelbonnet creekin room diningpool servicelobby bar
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Love this place and always enjoy the great pool and brunch. Little pricey and I am looking forward to trying their restaurant on our next trip. Nice getaway after a day at Disney and taking their shuttle to the parks is a huge plus.

• Stayed: May 2014
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear MaryJaneB-K,

Thank you for choosing us to break away and enjoy your time in Orlando!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just got back from almost a week's stay at Disney and this time, we decided to stay at the Waldorf. I am a traveler who has stayed at dozens upon dozens of luxury properties across the country for business.

As a leisure traveler to Walt Disney World and the whole area, I'm the first to say I was thrilled to hear a more upscale hotel was here besides the Ritz Carlton which is too far out. The Disney & Universal hotels are terrific for themes, and even the Swan/Dolphin are fine -- but none of them are at a 5-star level, not even the Grand Floridian. One can't wait for the Four Seasons to finally open.

The Waldorf doesn't announce that it is a 5-star hotel, yet they charge for it and on the outside, they aim for it. Yet unfortunately, they try very hard but they're not going to get there quite yet at the current level of service they have. More on that in a moment. There's a lot of pros and cons to staying here though. This review is more for adults traveling without kids who need an escapist hotel free of strollers, crying, and the mayhem of seeing children running about frantically. (although the hotel is still very kid-friendly) That, you can find at any themed Disney hotel.

The best asset to the Waldorf is that they are inside the one area of Lake Buena Vista property that Disney doesn't own. That means Disney doesn't control this hotel, & almost every cable channel plays on your TV that isn't Disney-fied. Don't confuse this hotel with some of the hotels that are located in the Crossroads area. This property is free of the commercial stores and spots surrounding the outside, and still feels within the Disney vicinity. The biggest positive of the Waldorf is it is a sea of tranquility after a day of theme parks. It's a true adult property. It doesn't force Disney all over you 24/7.

The proximity to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios is wonderful, as well as to Downtown Disney. Next door to the Waldorf is the Hilton. Both these hotels are smack in the middle of quiet and peace.

We got the room with the "Disney View" and that allows you see the Epcot Fireworks each night at 9pm and Illuminations. The fireworks view is not right under your nose, and although great to watch, to get this view you are going to have a room where the view over your balcony is of the enormous rooftop complex of parking and the hotel. (No trees.) You also get a view of the pool complex below which is gorgeous.

The rooms themselves (we got a suite) are fresh and new, and perhaps that is the most important aspect. The bed is fine, the room temperature can't dip below 68 as it's locked out. The bathroom is huge compared to any Disney hotel property room, and the overall details and the hallways feel clean, upscale, and less "used" than all the Disney properties. Go for the breakfast add-on as there is a terrific buffet spread each morning and they provide black card vouchers for each day. The servers there and the spread was excellent.

On the surface, everything seems great...but....

...Onto the service itself. Again, the Waldorf tries hard yet they miss the mark.

On some days, our room didn't have washcloths. On another day for turn-down service they miss the bottled waters by the bedside. Randomly, they deliver the requested newspapers, on other days it is missing. Despite a privacy sign outside the door, they rang the doorbell and delivered a non requested item. The room service didn't nail the precise order we wanted from the Bull and Bear restaurant downstairs. The valet service needs a lot of work. No matter what time of day it is, it feels like forever to get your car. They request you call 15 mins ahead of time. We called 20-25 mins ahead of time and the car was still not there. This may be due to a convention, yet clearly the valet folks are overtaxed and there aren't enough folks hustling to get the cars in and out. I tried to make a spa appointment on the last day, and the phone rang and rang and kept bouncing to the spa voicemail with no phone pickup. I tried several times.

Lastly, the poolside chairs are hard, uncomfortable, and the Waldorf doesn't supply lounge chair cushions, unless you rent out an expensive cabana.

All of this adds up to the less than 5-star level that they aren't able achieve, and it isn't as if the hotel just opened. These kinks should be worked out by now. None of this would matter if it weren't for the fact that there are 5-star fees associated with everything, including the daily resort fee added onto your bill. The hotel itself looks rich, opulent, and nice yet none of this matters if the service doesn't match. On my checkout, I contemplated discussing all of this with the manager to provide feedback, and amazingly, the front check person didn't even ask "how was your stay?" The power of trip advisor is stronger.

Would I stay here again or recommend? For me, probably not -- I'm looking forward to seeing if the Four Seasons Hotel, when it opens, can finally supply visitors with the true 5 star quality experience in the Orlando area. This review hovers between 3 and 4 stars.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank travelman123

Dear Travelman123,

As it is never easy to read a review from a valued guest that our service men and woman did not meet their expectations. It is great to hear your side and feedback, so our team can learn and grow from your experience Travelman123. Please if your travels should bring you back to our beautiful city we would love the chance to create a lifelong cherishable memory.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I am a Diamond member and they upgraded us to a suite, but I actually declined, as we wanted the Disney Park view, Make sure you ask for a park view if that is important, not all rooms face Disney. The staff is clearly hand picked to Waldorf Standards. The room was lovely, quiet, great shower and bath, (separate) Spotless. Parking is steep, $24 a day, but it is valet ( and fast) and unlimited in and out. The value here is much better then a Disney property stay, and Disney is 4 minutes away. with bus service every 30 minutes. Lourdes was the front desk staff who assisted us, and could not have been nicer. Good job Hilton !!

Room Tip: Not all rooms face the park, just ask when making a reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear MikeR2011,
Thank you for the five-star review of your stay! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and were able to enjoy the view from your room. With 124 reviews in so many cities, we also appreciate the kind words regarding our service standards -- and especially for Lourdes -- we will be sure to pass this along to her so that she may receive the recognition she deserves. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was in Orlando for a week without the kids. Since I didn't need to be in a kid friendly place I decided to pay up for the Waldorf. While i don't have any regrets, I do think my stay fell short of a Waldorf experience. The staff is very friendly and wants to help. The problem is the follow through was poor. For example, they asked if i would like a paper delivered to my room, yes i would, the first day a paper, the second day no paper. I say something the third day a paper, the fourth day no paper,etc.. Housekeeping did NOT clean our rooms well AT ALL,, and they did not restock the soaps even once during our stay. Dirt and hair from prior guests was left in the bathroom, and actually stayed there for days even after we checked in. Water and coffee was not restocked without a call, Overall, my stay was very pleasant and I don't mean to complain too loudly. We enjoyed our stay there, it just wasn't FIVE STAR as you would expect it to be.from a Waldorf. i give them a solid 3.5 stars.

Room Tip: try to get a room overlooking the pools.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jay K
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Jaykrigs,

As it is never easy to read a review from one of Tripadvisors senior contributors, that feels our team was not on point throughout their stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will be taking your kind words into action. If your travels should bring you back to our beautiful city, we would love to make it right.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I spent my birthday at the hotel, as it was our second stay there and I'm at the royalty member program, they treat me like a princess.

Fresh flowers, champagne, chocolates, and a nice card too.

The hotel is perfect for a luxury Disney experience. Is the best of the best in Orlando, but I wouldn't recommend it if your kids are small. My 10 and 8 years old kids were fascinated and they could appreciate the details and luxury.
The kids club is awesome, the pools gorgeous and our room had an amazing view to the golf court at the 14th floor.

The other thing that I couldn't believe is that I forgot some clothes at the hotel and thy shipped back to my place in perfect conditions.

Service great, breakfast great, lovely piano singer by night. Ultra refined.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank DebbieBG
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear DebbieBG,

It is with great honor to share your special day with you and serve your family. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again in the near future!