First off, I am currently staying here. I checked in 3 days ago and I check out in 2 days. The rooms are very nice and spacious. Check in is a breeze and 90% of the employees are extremely nice and caring. I usually stay at the Ritz-Carlton and I will more than likely be staying there most of the time instead of the Waldorf-Astoria. The Ritz makes NO MISTAKES like the waldorf does. The only problems I have encountered were minimal but still, at the rate I'm paying I should be receiving perfection.
1. The towels sometimes have the occasional long black hair or lent on them.
2. The curtain in my suite has what looks like a huge nail polish stain on it.
3. Do NOT get a cabana. The staff are nice when they actually wait on you. Letal served me yesterday by the pool, she is AWESOME though and she deserves that recognition. Today I asked for waters and 2 hours later....no water. The wait staff doesn't seem to care today at all.
4. The doormen don't exist at this hotel.
5. Valet takes forever to get your car to you.
6. Room service is absolutely perfect and delicious.
7. I explicitly asked for my name to be on the cabana for both days I had it and I guess the staff thought I said I didn't want it. It's kind of confusing figuring out which one is yours without your name on it. 300 dollars a day for a cabana and I expect better service than I'm receiving from this subpar staff. It makes me extremely mad just thinking about it.
8. I called the front desk to ask for them to send a waitress to my cabana and when she arrived she was ABSOLUTELY rude to me. She didn't acknowledge that I had to call the front desk to get her attention. It's for this reason that I won't be returning here in the near future, but may eventually.
I can't wait for the new Four Seasons to open! I'll be visiting it ASAP. The Waldorf-Astoria needs to work on their poolside service. I thought about buying my parents a gift card to visit here when I check out but because of the lackluster service by the pool today I will not be purchasing that gift card.
Visit the Ritz-Carlton for absolute perfection. The Waldorf-Astoria is by far subpar to the Ritz-Carlton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary, luxury resort surrounded by the gates of Disney theme parks, Waldorf Astoria® Orlando is nestled in a peaceful 482-acre nature preserve near the Walt Disney World® Resort. The hotel’s elegant setting includes fine resort amenities like the award-winning Waldorf Astoria® Golf Club, the luxe Waldorf Astoria® Spa, a formal swimming pool with private cabanas, and access to more than a dozen dining and lounge experiences, including an outpost of New York City’s famed Bull & Bear. The hotel features 498 deluxe rooms and suites, and nearly 42,000 square feet of exclusive flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Alpha Holidays Limited, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Florida