“Love, Love this hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Gainesville, Florida
“Love, Love this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

From the moment you step out of the car, the valets are extremely welcoming. I don't believe there is a self park available unless you park at the Hilton garage next door. The lobby is beautiful an elegant. Our room wasn't available so we spent time having lunch before heading out to the parks. There is a very limited menu at lunch, tasty and quick. I had a Waldorf salad, small portion but sufficient if you aren't starving.
We had a 2 bedroom suite, immaculately clean with a great view of the golf course. The room had a walk in shower and a separate tub. Nespresso coffee machine in each room, very nice supplies in the bath. I walked around the beautifully landscaped property, it is quite a treat in lovely weather.
The spa was wonderful as well, pure luxury. There are several therapists there so appointments aren't a problem. Expensive no doubt compared to a spa on the outside of the property but lovely!
Breakfast buffet had to be the best thing about the hotel. There were so many stations eggs, crepes and imported cheeses and baked goods! Deliciously fresh! Definitely love this hotel, just watch all the charges as it is a very expensive place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the fireworks from Disney!
3 Thank gmw0713
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear gmw0713,
Thank you for the glowing five-star review of your stay! We are so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities! The breakfast buffet at Oscar's is one of our favorite things, too! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Douglas, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

First off, I am currently staying here. I checked in 3 days ago and I check out in 2 days. The rooms are very nice and spacious. Check in is a breeze and 90% of the employees are extremely nice and caring. I usually stay at the Ritz-Carlton and I will more than likely be staying there most of the time instead of the Waldorf-Astoria. The Ritz makes NO MISTAKES like the waldorf does. The only problems I have encountered were minimal but still, at the rate I'm paying I should be receiving perfection.

Problems:
1. The towels sometimes have the occasional long black hair or lent on them.
2. The curtain in my suite has what looks like a huge nail polish stain on it.
3. Do NOT get a cabana. The staff are nice when they actually wait on you. Letal served me yesterday by the pool, she is AWESOME though and she deserves that recognition. Today I asked for waters and 2 hours later....no water. The wait staff doesn't seem to care today at all.
4. The doormen don't exist at this hotel.
5. Valet takes forever to get your car to you.
6. Room service is absolutely perfect and delicious.
7. I explicitly asked for my name to be on the cabana for both days I had it and I guess the staff thought I said I didn't want it. It's kind of confusing figuring out which one is yours without your name on it. 300 dollars a day for a cabana and I expect better service than I'm receiving from this subpar staff. It makes me extremely mad just thinking about it.
8. I called the front desk to ask for them to send a waitress to my cabana and when she arrived she was ABSOLUTELY rude to me. She didn't acknowledge that I had to call the front desk to get her attention. It's for this reason that I won't be returning here in the near future, but may eventually.

I can't wait for the new Four Seasons to open! I'll be visiting it ASAP. The Waldorf-Astoria needs to work on their poolside service. I thought about buying my parents a gift card to visit here when I check out but because of the lackluster service by the pool today I will not be purchasing that gift card.

Visit the Ritz-Carlton for absolute perfection. The Waldorf-Astoria is by far subpar to the Ritz-Carlton.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank CM90
Dear CM90,
As a senior contributor to Trip Advisor, we sincerely value and appreciate your feedback, as we're always looking for ways to continue improving our services and processes. We hope that you give us another chance sometime in the future to show your our True Waldorf Service. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance in booking an upcoming reservation.
Marlboro, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in early May and had a great time. I was there back in October of 2013 and based on my experience back then, I was anxious to return. I certainly was not disappointed. Every aspect of the stay worked well and the staff make you feel special.

A few quick points. The Bull and Bear is always great and Luis is simply the most knowledgeable and most pleasant person there. He always makes our visit there truly enjoyable. I actually ate there twice during this stay. I enjoyed the spa and Amanda C was the best. Tim Owens and Reena King also deserve special recognition because they make sure your stay is the best it can be and Jason Smith simply does every thing he can to make you feel that you are part of the Waldorf family. I look forward to returning soon.

2 Thank JohnM0814
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear JohnM0814,
We are so delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your second stay with us, and truly appreciate the 5-star review! We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team members, as we are so proud of them in making your stay so memorable. Should you need assistance booking your next reservation, please don't hesitate to let us know! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Jacksonville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed with my wife for long weekend in Orlando. Nothing special, large chain hotel in Orlando area with overpriced accommodations. Hotel has little personality and from the outside looks somewhat institutional. Grounds were neat but , again, nothing special. Rooms were clean, turn down service only happened on our last night. Valet parking expensive and, at times, wait can be somewhat long. Better to self park and save a few dollars.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear James C,
Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. If you are ever back in Orlando, please feel free to contact us directly so we can ensure your next stay is more comfortable!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We spent 8 days at the Waldorf as part of a travel package with British Airways. We were very pleased to be upgraded to a Deluxe King Suite, including resort fees and breakfast vouchers. The room was on a top floor, with great views on the golf course.

Great service from everyone in the hotel - with special thanks to Daina (breakfast at Oscar's) who always had a welcoming smile for us in the morning and the car valet team who consistently delivered our car in rapid time. Also, very happy with the pool and the golf course. We also borrowed bikes to ride around the area. Only minor negative was the uneven housekeeping where toiletries, shower caps and towels were not regularly replenished and oddly enough the room clock stayed two hours off during our whole stay (we did mention all this to a floor supervisor).

Overall - great hotel and pleasant stay. We enjoyed it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear IJK_London_20,

Wow, thank you for the great review of our resort and the special mention about Daina. Our team has already shared your comments and can not wait to welcome you back to the resort again soon!
Greenwich, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent accomodations, hotel staff and food. Poolside service was not up to our expectations, inattentive and long wait for service. The Hilton poolside service was superior and preferred place to be with kids.

Dear Daniel D,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the feedback regarding the pool service, and will ensure that we pass it along to our management team, so that we are always improving the level of service we provide. We hope to see you again soon!
Teaneck, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Waldorf Astoria in Orlando is a high quality hotel in the midst of the crazy park scene in Orlando. Easy access to parks with free transportation and great facilities when you are not in the parks. Adjacent to Hilton and connected internally. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Joe W,
Thank you for the five star review! We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us!