“Huge disappointment”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #28 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 June 2014

So sad to see this property age so badly, mostly from lack of management attention. We checked in and they did not have our reservation correctly even though we had confirmations. The man at the front desk was surly and never apologized for what was clearly their error -- and this was for a 2 bedroom suite! Next they never delivered breakfast claiming they never received our breakfast card. This was topped off by housekeeping not changing our bed linens. Better watch out Waldorf, the four seasons is opening soon.... Btw, Waldorf management if you care we are in room 647!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Nassau N
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Nassau N.,

We sincerely appreciate your candor and truly value each of our guests. Your comments have been addressed with our front office team and we are working to ensure such missteps do not continue. We will be contacting you personally to discuss your concerns and look forward to ensuring the rest of your stay meets our high standards for superior service. Also thank you for taking the time to speak to our management team while you were on property.

Jason Smith
Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Was on vacation with the family, stayed at the hotel for 3 nights.

Right from the valet service to the reception - the staff was at it's best. Everyone was extremely nice and sweet.

The room was nice - pretty standard. I would say it did not impress me much. A Nespresso machine was a nice touch, except for the fact that there was only a couple capsules. It had a minibar, but for some reason it was empty. The bed was extremely comfortable.

Bathroom was clean and nice as well.

The regular shuttle service to and from the parks was very convenient. We never used our car.

All in all it is a very nice hotel, and is worth another visit. Value for money - it is not the best for sure, such a room for that rate I would consider expensive. But it might be an Orlando thing with the constant flow of travelers and tourists.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Rnajm
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Rnajm,
Thank you for your review of our stay! With so many of your own reviews on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate the time you took to provide us your feedback, and are glad that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities -- including our complimentary luxury rides to the parks! If you're ever in the area, we would love to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

It's too bad this beautiful hotel had such bad service. I woke up, made coffee, only to find dirty used coffee stirrers. Opened the closet to put on some slippers and they were ragged and used. They looked like they hadn't been changed from the previous guest and had hair stuck on them. Had lunch at Aquamarine, food was great, service was slow. Spent the afternoon by the pool afterwards and had same slow, inattentive, horrible service. The pool server only came to us ONCE during the three and a half hours we were there. Never checked on us after our first order. This is possibly one of THE worst hotel experiences I've had in a long time. Hopefully the next four days get better.

• Stayed: June 2014
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear AXL1977,
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any missed opportunities in service, but please reach out to us directly, so we can ensure that the remainder of your stay is as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Overall a good mega hotel for our visit to Disney World. Rooms were nice, we did have a problem with our shower not working, but they fixed it that day. The zero entry pool area was awesome, nice after a long day walking around the theme parks. You could watch some of the Disney fireworks from there too. The food and the "resort fee" are the only thing that I would mark down about this hotel. Food was ridiculously crazy expensive for what it is. I don't mind paying more for food at a resort if it is actually good, but the food was not good. We were charged $8 for a packaged Toll House cookie at the restaurant. Really? Insane. Plus the service was terrible. Overall good hotel, plan don't plan to eat there. Stop at a grocery store or drive off property. As for the resort fee and valet parking fee, it is just silly, you have to pay both, so why not just lump it in to the cost of the room.

Room Tip: Get a Disney view room, totally worth it to watch Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks every night righ...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BellaTravelGirl,
As a senior TripAdvisor contributor, with reviews in 15 cities (wow!), we truly value your opinion, and appreciate your review! Thank you for the feedback, and we will be sure to pass it to the appropriate departments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again soon -- should your travels bring you back to Orlando.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

beautiful hotel in quiet,green area adjacent to Main Street Disney. excellent for families but also a great retreat for couples or for a business person in town for meeting.
service levels are very good to excellent in all areas but especially at front desk
the room is large and very well appointed bragging Ferragamo amenities,a fabulous robe and plush slippers.The bathroom is oversized and includes a small tub.Gym is woth a visit having a lot of very good Precor equipment and weights,you dont have to sacrifice your training routine at this hotel.the pools too are super as are the cabanas
excellent service providers were kristy on check out and Fabi - a telephone operator who helped me find my way there once in Bonnet Creek and who left me a welcome cocktail voucher for me on arrival with a personal note - this truly is excellence in service and human care
once you're there you may forget Disney and not leave the hotel.

Room Tip: suggestion /tip - get the room with the breakfast for 2 included over the top selection and a bargai...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Josie053
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Josie053,

Being a Senior Contributor to Tripadvisor we all understand the expectations you hold and our team is proud to receive a Five Star rating on your behalf. Thank you for mentioning Fabi and Kristy in your review, as we have already shared your comments with them both!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I took my family to Orlando for a couple of days and decided to try the Waldorf Astoria. We usually stay in the Disney resorts but decided we wanted to try something new. We found it to be such a refreshing change. Location was great and the rooms were top notch. The pool area was beautiful and the food at the pool bar was amazing. We will definitely consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam G

Dear Adam G.,

Wow\, thank you for giving us a chance and taking the time to write about your experience. We hope to now turn you into a loyal HHonors Member in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here with my wife and 2 kids last month for 1week. We stayed in a delux suite with balcony and disney view so could see the fireworks at magic kingdom.
The hotel has a hugh property. Spread out lawns. Is connected to Hilton so the guests can use the facilities like pool and restaurants of both the hotels. Free wifi in the room with good speeds. The hotel does not allow regular taxis but town cars are available for hire. However if you are returning to the hotel from somewhere the taxis are allowed to drop you off. They have regular shuttles to and from the Disney attractions for waldorf and hilton exclusively. There are 4 restaurants at the hotel and each has a different menu with good food and service. Breakfast is served till 11:30am on weekdays and till 12 noon on weekends which is good for those wanting to take it easy. Buggies and bicycles are available to ride around the hotel paths.
I would have given this hotel an Excellent rating had it not been for their miserly attitude as explained below-
1)My reservation clearly said 4 guests and breakfast inclusive but at checkin I was informed I have to pay for breakfast for the children. After I persisted they relented and gave me breakfast vouchers for the kids also. At breakfast I met one family who had a similar issue and were paying for the kids as they had not argued at the front desk.
2) My reservation said complimentary welcome drink vouchers for 2 at checkin.This was not given to me and I had forgotten about it. Later on going thru my reservation I realised it. When I asked the front desk they promptly gave it to me.
3) The housekeeping gives complimentary bottled water. But you cannot contact housekeeping directly and have to go thru guest services who said they dont give free bottles as per hotel policy you have to either buy it from room service or from outside. Now orlando is not newyork that if you step out of the hotel there is a convenience store. So I had to tell guest services to connect me to housekeeping and then they would get me the water bottles. Obviously one of the 2 departments were not aware of hotel policy.
When you visit orlando its mainly for Disney-the happiest place in the world but an attitude like this of your hotel leaves you with a not so happy feeling.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ritztrav\eller,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our resort and by looking at your username we also thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have a chance to showcase our brand. Sadly we did not meet your expectations and we apologize for this but are relieved to read your feedback so we may have the chance to make it right in the future.