“Not what I expected...”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #26 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, this is a nice hotel. It just feels a little stuffy for kids, I have been to Orlando many times and did the Disney hotels, the villa experience and this time we thought it would be nice to experience a much calmer option, at arrival to the hotel my six year old daughter and I dragged our own suitcases to the front desk, and after checking in we dragged them to our room on the 15th floor... Not something I usually do when I check in to a five star hotel.
The food however is exceptional, the bull and bear has amazing food, I would have happily ate there everyday.
The rooms were small, and sadly the housekeeping was terrible. There was a point where I returned back at 6pm and my room was not done. Also some of the bath things were very old and could do with a good clean or an upgrade.
The view from my room was stunning. I could see Epcot, tower of terror, nicklodian hotel and miles of greenery.
I'm disappointed after my experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank houda e
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear houda e,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us such thorough and honest feedback regarding your stay with us. We are delighted to hear about your amazing experience at Bull & Bear, and appreciate the comments regarding areas of improvement. We hope you'll give us another chance to show you True Waldorf Service.

There are newer reviews for Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Rooms are quite nice, lots of amenities. Staff was extremely courteous. Champagne served at checkin. Resort is close to disney and depending on room selection you can watch the Disney fireworks. Add 25$ each to your bill for valet parking (no self parking) and the (for me) hated resort fee.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear DKB100,
As a Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor, we sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay! We are glad that you were able to enjoy so many of the hotel's amenities, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our suite was in good order, clean and comfortable. Not cutting edge design, but pretty good all the same.

Pool facilities were very good, as were those at the Hilton (sister hotel) next door which you could use too.

Enjoyed the pool bar. Friendly bar staff, especially the guy who liked to watch 'Wheeler Dealers' on whatever channel the US serves up old UK TV programmes!

Hotel bar was a bit stuffy, and looked like your Nan's front room.

Buffet breakfast was superb. Sometimes these can be a little of a disappointment, but this was spot on. everything tasted freshly cooked etc. A real must.
Other restaurants (Waldorf and Hilton) were a little disappointing. Far from bad, just the higher-end offerings weren't as good as they thought they were/were billed.

Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Disney about 15 mins in a complementary coach, which was a good service, and a couple of nice (eccentric) drivers who kept us amused.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony facing the magic kingdom - you get a view of the fireworks, albeit fro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BigBobW4
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear BigBobW4,
Thank you for the in-depth review of your stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the resort. We appreciate all of the honest comments and have passed them along to the respective departments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We decided to revisit this hotel after a brief stay in January. It did not disappoint. I was travelling with my daughter and we enjoyed the fantastic resort view from our very comfortable suite. We visited the pool most days and enjoyed eating lunch at the pool bar. We ate in the hotel a lot. The Italian restaurant La Luce in the Hilton was our favourite, relaxed atmosphere, great food and friendly service. Happy Hour in the sushi bar was fun too. The concierge had some excellent recommendations for restaurants and shopping. A special thanks to the Guest Services Director, Jason for ensuring our trip was flawless.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Longboat57,

Thank you for the five-star review and for taking the time to rate us for the second time this year! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and have passed along your comments to our team -- especially Jason -- to ensure they all get the credit they deserve. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have been to Orlando many times and stayed at many hotels, good, bad, mediocre.. Waldorf Astoria was one of the best if not the best I have experienced so far. In a great location in a quiet and exclusive cul-de-sac surrounded by nature and a few other quality hotels, WA is still right in the middle of the heart of DisneyWorld. Only a few minutes drive to all the Disney theme parks and Downtown Disney and a short drive from the airport or the famous International Drive and all the shopping and amusement available there. In the night you come back to the welcoming oasis of WA to unwind and relax far enough from the crowds. Not only the facility is welcoming, very well furnished and equipped but also - and especially - the staff make you feel special from the minute you stop on the doorsteps. From the valet parking your car, to the receptionist, to the housekeeping and the waiter and waitresses, everybody is doing their job with a genuine smile, passion and anticipation of what you may need next. Any problems, not a worry, it will be fixed right away and they will go beyond the call of the situation to make you feel special again and how sorry they are that you were troubled. This is what I call a nice hotel and EXCELLENT service..! A great experience overall...

Room Tip: All rooms are well equipped and comfortable but choose a room on the pool side to enjoy the great su...
1  Thank Okai_B
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear obarutcu,
Thank for the five-star review! And thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your stay! We are delighted that you were able to relax amongst our amenities, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our first visit for Orlando and Waldorf Astoria. Being a Gold member of Hilton Honors was expecting a lot. The room etc was decent. However the concierge desk was highly unprofessional, all the staff without exception was not on same page in terms of information regarding almost everything (shuttle service, car pick up/drop off). I was not carrying local USA number hence I requested them to get in touch with me on Whatsapp in case there want to contact me, however to my surprise they actually said what is "Whatsapp". I thought the people in USA will be enough tech savvy. In addition the hotel concierge was did not know how to dial an international number (this was really pathetic).

Now coming to trip booking desk. There was only one person on the desk. At he/she was taking at least 30 min to clear one guest. I actually had to wait for one hour just to get my booking done. There was one gentleman with me in the queue, he was also frustrated finally he left without booking since his number never came and the shuttle bus came.

I was denied breakfast despite being Gold Member the reason was it is not applicable in Waldorf Astoria. Trying to get into the fine print for the same.

Room etc was decent nothing much to complain anything regarding the same....Also still reward points are still not credited to my account, at the time of checkout I was told it will be done automatically.

6  Thank atul t

Dear atul t,

We appreciate your honest feedback and regret that our staff was not aware of the international communication phone app to which you were referring. Your input regarding your experience will certainly help us to better serve you and our future guests. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you contact us so we may follow up with you regarding your HHonors points. They take a several days after departure to post on your account. We hope we'll have another chance to demonstrate our quality services and hospitality.

Karima Abdel-Moty
Front Office Manager
407.597.5455

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting Disney.
I found all the staff friendly - especially Alun (or Alan) at breakfast serving.
The rooms were as you would expect - clean, bright, and very well kept,
as was the rest of the hotel.
It is in a perfect position to visit Disney, Universal Studios etc.
There is a shuttle bus but we just decided to drive to the attractions.
We did not get a chance to use the pool - but it looked great - as was the pool
of the next door Hilton which guests can also use.
It is not cheap but I think it is worth the expense.

Dear ALCBell,
Thank you for the five-star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and have passed along your comments to Alan at Oscar's. Hopefully, you'll be able to relax by the pool during your next visit!