“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stay there for couple of nights to celebrate my birthday. I was born and raised in hospitality industry when I was a kid. Therefore, I always look for the wow factor in each hotel that I stay! And Waldorf Astoria had successfully delivered that experience. Specially thank you to "Kenneth" (Concierge) for providing an exceptional service and maintaining the brand standard.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelGeek92
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear TravelGeek92,
Thank you for the great review. As someone that also lives and breathes hospitality, your feedback and comments mean a lot to us. We've passed along your praise to Ken, so that he may get the credit he deserves. Since you're in the area, we certainly hope to see you again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We took a family trip to Orlando to visit 3 theme parks and thought we'd give this hotel a try. We are always skeptical when reading reviews on TripAdvisor as everyone has a different idea of poor/excellent service and standards. However, we felt like royalty on this trip to Orlando for the following reasons: The rooms were spotless. The grounds were immaculate. The pool entertainment for children was fun. The service was incredible and the location was great. I highly recommend this hotel for any traveler.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear K9017CVanthonyl,
Thank you for taking the time to write your first review on TripAdvisor, and for giving us a 5-star rating! We are thrilled that you felt like royalty, and are so delighted that you were blown away by our True Waldorf Service. We sincerely hope to see you and your family again soon!
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recommend this hotel for cleanliness and nice staff. We had a wonderful Experience . The Front Desk staff was outstanding and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I would Highly Recommend this location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Millet M,
Thank you for the five-star review! We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and can't wait to have you stay with us again soon!
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property for a long weekend. The hotel is as beautiful as one would expect, with very comfortable rooms. The valet and front desk service was great (very friendly, helpful people actually), but the service at the bar and poolside grill was lacking. We had to wait so long for someone to take our order at the pool restaurant that we decided to move up to the inside bar, but that wasn't any better. I was forced to walk up to the bar to order our drinks and ask for a menu. After I complained, the service improved a lot. The food was delicious. But I would've expected impeccable service all around at a place like this.

Stayed August 2014
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear RAG19,

As a Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor, thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review of your stay. We appreciate the comments and hope you'll visit us again soon!
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on a mini vacation with the family. After working in a luxury hotel chain for 10 years, I admit I have high expectations, and this hotel was very enjoyable.
Front door staff and front desk extremely friendly and helpful. Our front desk agent walked us all the way to the elevator after checking us in, telling us all about the hotel amenities we might enjoy during our stay. We were also happy to see our car ready and waiting each time we called for it. We never left the hotel without being offered directions or cold bottled waters.
The hotel is quite beautiful and modern. We had a suite with a separate area for the kids to sleep. The front desk agent had asked us what time we would like the sofa bed made up and it was done on time. (The last hotel we stayed in required several calls and we had to make up the bed ourselves...happy to do it at home, but not when paying top dollar!) The room's view was not all that exciting, we overlooked the front of the hotel and were front row to a loud outdoor party the first night. Fortunately, because of the hotel's quality construction, the noise was tolerable with the balcony door closed.
Turn down service was great, so nice to come back from dinner to dimmed lights, soft music and slippers by the bedside, pillows were fluffed, breakfast menu and remote on the bed. The chocolates were great.
There are a few improvements that would be nice to see in the future...It would be nice to have more than coffee available in the lobby for a light breakfast. On our last day, we did have breakfast at Oscar's and the buffet was excellent!! I could not believe the quality and variety of food!
As a parent of young children, I would have liked to have the safety bolt placed higher up on the door so the kids can't reach it and open the door themselves. This was not a problem for us, but I was surprised to see it so low. Plug covers and other child-friendly safety measures would also be a great idea to give families at check in.
The pool was very cold in the morning! I was surprised that it was not heated. When bad weather was approaching, however, an alarm went off and staff members appeared out of nowhere to advise guests that it was not safe to swim. We quickly dried off and were offered dry towels to walk through the hotel so we would not be cold. (big Mom points)
My reading light on the bed was not working during our entire stay. In addition, the clock had the wrong time on it for our entire stay and I could not figure out how to re-set.
As for a couple of nice surprises - I liked the in-room coffee machine and was so happy that stevia was one of the available sweeteners. Also, I was happy to see the cotton balls I had used were replaced the following day and bath products (Ferragamo, nice!) were always replenished.
Ok, so I am detailed...it is a long career in the hotel business that made me this way. But it is so nice when I can go to a hotel like this and enjoy!!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool or Disney view. Do not book through third party - the rates they quoted were ridicul...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Allison C
Dear Allison C,

Thank you for the wonderful and extensive review of your stay with us. We are delighted that you were able to experience "True Waldorf Service", as indicated by our signature arrival experience. Thank you for the feedback and all of the Mom points! We are surely glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and can't wait to see you again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We usually stay next door at the Hilton but the hubs wanted to do something different for the anniversary we were celebrating. We had a very nice room with balcony (which turned out to be great for viewing fireworks at the parks) and the staff could not have been more welcoming or courteous throughout the stay. Everyone on the property we encountered greeted us, etc. and were very customer service oriented. Housekeeping was unobtrusive and on top of everything. The property has plenty of amenities--the expansive pool area, restaurant, bars, nice fitness center and spa. Valet response time was surprisingly good. Overall, we will definitely go back.

Room Tip: As with anything, think about your objectives and times you are choosing to stay. This is near Disne...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear MrsH0dges,

Thank you for the five-star review! As a Top Contributor on TripAdvisor, we sincerely value your feedback and love that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you'll choose us over the Hilton next time, too!
London
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Just checked in... First impressions a beautiful property but the staff oh my... Huston we have a problem. First room was so heavily doused with air freshened that my eyes burned and I got a headache from hell just sitting there for 10mins, I rang and asked for them to send someone to see what I was talking about, they refused but helpfully suggested I go looking for a room that didn't smell, despite being on crutches. Not exactly my idea of fun plus surely the point of staying in a nice place is to be given a room that doesn't require a gas mask in order to sleep. Clearly I was considered a royal pain in the .... Next room the bathroom smells of rotten eggs, carcasses etc but the ever so delightful bell man told me in no uncertain terms that there is no smell. To cap it all off despite requesting a room close to the elevator as I am recovering from sprained ankle plus other foot broken & hobbling on crutches, they have given me a room right at end of hallway, bellman snapping at me all the way saying it's ONLY 100 now 50 now 30YARDS!!!! Housekeeping have visited my room and they have been lovely and obviously care about customer service. So far very unimpressed except with housekeeping & from just few hours I've been here, I now understand why rooms are so heavily discounted. The GM should immediately look into these issues as all over trip advisor same theme. It's a real pity as this is a beautiful hotel with an impressive lobby area, lovely spa and grounds, very quiet luxurious feel. They have all the ingredients to make it a true five star experience but a good portion of the staff seem reluctant to show you that. We all know hiccups happen at any place you visit, it's how the hotel respond to issues that truly shows a five star resort is. Yes there is a resort fee but it does include wi-fi and calls etc, you have to leave your car with the valet and it's about $26/27 a day plus tip...but it's hot as hell so you will be happy they have a valet! I don't think I would visit again,not with Ritz and Four Seasons nearby.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank tani267
Dear tani267,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your arrival process. Since you last wrote this, I know that you've been in contact with our management team, and advised us that your stay is going well. We are happy to hear that we were able to recover the situation for you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

All the best,