“Luxury Hotel in view of Disney”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #28 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Weybridge
“Luxury Hotel in view of Disney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

The Waldorf Astoria is a fantastic hotel and provided us with everything we needed for a great holiday. Nothing was too much trouble, everything was on hand and our needs were always meet. The golf course is great and the pool fantastic

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Monnybobins,
Thank you for the lovely five-star review of your stay! We are delighted you enjoyed your time here, and hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Duluth, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

I checked in for 3 days. Upon my arrival I found the TV is not working I had 2 call twice to get fixed after 1 1/2 hrs. Next day I asked for coffee in the afternoon I had to call again the next day because I never got it. Next day I called to get the room cleaned in the morning I was told it will be done by 9:30 came back at 11:30 the room is no cleaned I had to call a second time and until now the room is not clean.
High price , extremely slow service.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the golf/swimming pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ashraf F
Karima A, Public Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Ashraf F,

Thank you for quickly alerting us about your experience regarding our services and amenities. We assure you that we take great pride in providing guests with exactly what they need when they need it. Your feedback lets us know that we need to reevaluate some of our processes and ensure we're meeting our high expectations. We are addressing your concerns about the cleanliness issues and appreciate you taking the time to advise us.

Karima Abdel-Moty
Front Office Manager
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

I have been here 3 times. People are super friendly. I have gotten greater amenities at other hotels for the same price. Rooms are ordinary - bathrooms are spacious. Rooms need to have closer attention to detail. Dusty outlets and the shelf under the sink has not been dusted in awhile - things out of sight are not tended to.

Food prices are greater than similarly situated hotels. The pool area is as expected but nothing to call you to the pool.

Beware, while on Disney property the hotels does not enjoy the Disney parks open early or stay late perks...hotel doesn't tell you that until you get there!

Would I stay again...yes, but only if attending a conference and it was the most convenient hotel.

Room Tip: You are at Disney - ask for Disney facing room to see nightly fireworks - this also overlooks the po...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Shadowman_10,

Thank you for the honest review of your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us, experienced our "True Waldorf Service", and we hope to see you again soon.
Chico, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I stayed 9 nights with my 8 year old son in mid August. Having traveled quite a bit and stayed at some fabulous resorts, I was expecting more luxury based on the reviews here. I don’t think we would stay here again but I wouldn’t rule it out. When I booked staying here the Four Seasons was not yet taking reservations.

Pros:
Room and bathroom a nice size.
There is a mini fridge in the room.
Room was quiet (except for the occasional loud family in the hallway).
They sent up 3 cupcakes for my son’s 9th birthday.
Able to get us tickets to discovery cove despite online being sold out (although not on the day I wanted to go but that was my fault for not booking ahead of time)
Nice to get away from the crazy crowds at Disney, etc.
Connected to the Hilton next door with a lazy river pool, casual restaurants, etc. Maybe a 5 minute walk through the convention center. Ability to use the WA or the Hilton pool was nice.

Cons:
Since we were staying 9 nights and it was my kids birthday being celebrated by a surprise trip I asked for a room with a fireworks view. Was told those rooms were all taken, despite the hotel not being sold out. Our room facing the putting range and golf course was fine though.
Housekeeping was very inconsistent. One day we had to call 3 times over a 4 hour period for towels in our bathroom, this was after they had serviced our room while we were out in the morning and came back late afternoon to no towels or bath mats.
Most days we didn’t have a bath mat and the amount of towels varied. Several times the toiletries were not replaced (shampoo, soap, etc).
Several times no bag for the ice bucket, one time when we asked for a bag we were given a huge roll, which was fine but the housekeeper took it the next day and didn’t leave any bags.
Several times turn down service only turned down one bed in the room.
Several times the garbage cans not emptied.
Big one for me, I am not a coffee drinker so I asked for tea bags. Never did receive tea bags in room but they do set tea/coffee up in the lobby/bar area in the morning. My husband would go downstairs to get me tea and not much variety to choose from. When we asked for honey for the black tea we were told they don’t have any and no one offered to get some from lets say one of their restaurants or the bar that is right there.
We often had to open the door when exiting or entering the lobby.
Very rarely a hello or greeting from the staff. We were greeted and welcomed more by the staff at the Hilton next door when we were walking through to use their pool.
It would be nice if the shuttle bus schedule had the approximate time it takes to get to each park. Had we known it would take approx 45 min to get to animal kingdom we would have taken a cab or uber.
We were supposed to have a $50 resort credit. We made sure of that upon checkin. Luckily I reviewed our bill at check out and it wasn't there. Front desk staff did credit it after I had to dig out the confirmation from our luggage.

Dear Chicotravel,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and honest review of your stay. We appreciate all of the thorough feedback and have ensured to pass it along to the appropriate departments. We truly hope you'll give us another chance, and hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed here for two days with two kids under 4 and we had a blast!! Our room was really nice and big. we had a two bedroom suite and concierge was always nice and ready to help. Food service was really good!! Pricey but good! There were lots to do on site and as well as surroundings. We did go out the other night to eat at a all you can eat meat place. Its a good place to be for both work and play and very family friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Buky A
Dear Buky A,

Thank you for the five-star rating! We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again sometime soon!
Boynton Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

A truely relaxing and wonderful experience. I thought we would venture out to the Amusement Parks, but this was the first vacation we just relaxed by the pool, enjoyed the restaurants and bar, and enjoyed an amazing room our entire vacation stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Krzysztof O,

Thank you for the incredible five-star review of your stay with us! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the resort's amenities, and can't wait to have you stay with us again soon!
Livingston, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We arrived after 3 pm and were greeted with champagne and a warm reception. This was very nice as we had been traveling all day. Our luggage was taken out of our vehicle and delivered to our room after we checked in and went to our room. The hotel is just beautiful and the restaurants here are very nice also. I've reviewed each one we went to separately as each deserves their own review. The hotel was very busy on the weekends but quiet enough after we'd get home from the amusement parks we visited. We asked for a one bedroom suite, pool side as I'd found out that the Disney fireworks are visible from this side. Each night was very special because we were able to sit on our balcony and watch them. Each day we saw different employees but not all were as friendly as the ones who work the weekends. This was our first stay at a Waldorf property and we were happy we picked you. The rooms are a very nice size, decorated nicely, very clean and quiet. The twice a day housekeeping is also very nice. I loved coming home to jazz music, beds made and a chocolate on each one of our pillows. The only thing i didnt like was that there was only one bathroom to our suite. Our daughter had to share our bathroom and it was inconvenient at times. It would have been nice for her to have a half bathroom to herself. Other than that we had a great time at the swimming pools, even though we never made it to the lazy river on the Hilton side.(they share pools in case you didn't know). I loved the shuttle/bus and schedules to the Disney parks daily...make sure you ask for a schedule each day as they change times during the week. Thanks for a wonderful stay and the fruit plate we got the day we checked in. That was very nice!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms because you can catch the fireworks from the Disney properties nightly.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear MtGlitterqueen C,

Thank you for the amazing five-star review of your stay! We are thrilled how much you enjoyed your time with us -- your home-away-from-home for a little while! -- and we hope to see you again sometime in the near future!