5,057 results
All reviews bull and bear peacock alley hilton pool adjoining hilton peacock lounge deluxe suite disney view disney parks room service la luce turn down service lazy river beautiful hotel luxury hotel in room dining bonnet creek pool staff
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful clean room. Has excellent customer service who go beyond your expectations. The amenities such as pools and spa are excellent and and they have many restaurants to choose from and have delicious food.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Christopher K, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Cinnamonlynn,

Thank you for the excellent five star review. We are so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There is no other hotel in Orlando that can provide thise experience: outstanding staff, beautiful property, quiet, clean and close to all the parks. The restaurants are excellent, the beds are amazing, and they have gorgeous pools.

Dear KenG1561,

Thank you for the fantastic five star review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us so much. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I will start with the check-in experience because that was the main reason I did not give five stars, and it is why I won't bother booking this hotel in the future.. There was a queue of guests waiting for check-in upon my arrival. When a young woman finally became available, she glanced at me dismissively, and told me she wasn't ready. She stood behind the counter, occasionally looking up to see me still standing there. Each time she verified I was still next in line, she quickly went back to staring at the monitor. She didn't take another person until Lourdes became free, and called me to her station. In contrast, Lourdes was courteous and helpful. She acknowledged special requests I made at the time of booking my reservation and assured me they were being honored. My room wasn't ready, so I left my bags there and went out for the day.

I received a text saying my room was ready later that afternoon. I expected to just pick up my room key when I returned. Instead, there was a replay of the earlier experience. I waited in line, and this time, the young man who became available first told me he wasn't ready for me. I stood there until another attendant became free. Apparently, something was wrong with my room assignment because he could not complete the process and had to consult with the gentleman who originally declined to help me. This made me a bit concerned. I realized I probably wasn't getting the suite that Lourdes had verified was being prepared for me, and I wasn't sure my requests were being honored. The young man was apologetic about the issues and courteous. The problem seemed to be outside of his control.

The check-in issues, and possible last minute room reassignment may be why there were cleaning issues. It was a spacious suite, but there was hair from a previous guest in the bathroom, another in the toiletry tray on the bathroom counter, and on the floor near the dining table. The strainer in the bar sink had a thin ring of sludge around the edges, as though it hadn't been wiped out in a while. The container for the cotton swabs and the light switches in the bathroom had streaks of dirt that I removed easily with a bleach wipe. Crumbs remained on the otherwise highly polished marble tile near the table. The room service menu was splattered with what looked like red sauce, and two of the towels had stains on them. The room was not filthy, even by my admittedly high standards, but I was surprised to note that it was not as clean as the rooms at some Hampton Inns. I did appreciate the snow-white, high quality bed linens and comfortable bed. If not for the latter, I would have complained and requested a new room.

There was a modified turn down service on the first evening. On the second evening I noted that the turn down service was more like the one I receive at the Hilton's competitors, with bath mat and slippers laid out for my use.

I had two other issues with my room. The walls were surprisingly thin so we heard the child in the next room crying whenever we were in the suite. There is also a doorbell, and someone rang it very early on the last day of our stay. There was no one there when we went to the door, so it may have been a child walking past.

The common areas of the property were impressive and well-maintained. There is a lovely pathway along the lake, a golf course, spa, and several restaurants on the grounds. There is also a bus that takes guests to and from the Disney Parks. The breakfast buffet was very good. Our server was attentive and pleasant.

In spite of the positives, the check in experience was the most unpleasant and difficult I have experienced at any hotel. Given the many laudatory reviews related to service for this property I must wonder if my issue was related to the fact that I don't dress the part of the usual Waldorf customer. Regardless, I regularly stay at equivalent properties under the Hyatt and Marriott brands. If they have ever been bothered by me or my attire, that has never been obvious. If that is what happened at the Waldorf, I hope it will be addressed. I would like to patronize the type of businesses that would be thrilled to find that someone splurged on their experience, and would go out of their way to make that guest's investment worthwhile.

Room Tip: Ask for the Disney Fireworks view

Dear Kim J.,

Thank you for taking the time to review the property. We were sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to the standards that the Waldorf is known for. We will be sharing your comments with our hotel leaders and making certain that our team members are better trained with our check-in procedures. We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just returned from this hotel and it was very hard to drag ourselves away from such a wonderful place. We were made to feel like royalty from the time we arrived to the time we checked out! Every single staff member we encountered went out of their way to provide outstanding service. The property is well maintained and spacious. Loved the Peacock lobby lounge. The food was absolutely incredible and we particularly enjoyed the buffet breakfast. Pool and gym were great too! Great value for such an outstanding experience. If you like a bit of old school service and sophistication do yourself a favour book a stay here!

Dear lizziejoSurrey,

Thank you for the wonderful five star review. We are so happy that you enjoyed yourselves so much. We are happy we were able to pamper you so much and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Everyone here was incredibly friendly. Amy helped us at check-in, and got us a great upgrade! All the valets were very fast and would have the car pulled around by the time we got out front.

We had breakfast every morning in the restaurant, which was delicious. If you are a gold/diamond member, you get a free continental breakfast and can pay $15 to upgrade to the full, hot breakfast (eggs, omelets, waffles, crapes, bacon, and sausage). We did this once and thought it was good, but the complimentary breakfast had TONS of options (fruit, yogurt, pastries, doughnuts, cereal, bagels, and fresh juice).

The pool area is beautiful and very relaxing. When we were there, the hotel was not full and pull was almost empty. It was wonderful. There's one large pool, one smaller pool, and a hot tub as well as a bar outside. There are also cabanas you can rent. We found there to be plenty of chairs and umbrellas to use.

There are busses that run from the hotel to the parks every day. It's usually once an hour, so sometimes there's a bit of a wait. One night we decided not to wait and just took an Uber back from the Transportation Center at Magic Kingdom and it was only about $10.

We would definably stay here again. You're close enough to Disney to really enjoy your trip, but you don't get caught up in all the Disney madness.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a fireworks view if you can. Well worth it if you're at the hotel at night. Some even have balconies.
1  Thank westashleyguy

Dear westashleyguy,

Thank you for the fantastic five star review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again.