“Bad time in check in!!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #42 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked this hotel for four nights.I prefered to pay a night in advance because I was supposed to check in early in the morning the following day.I called the hotel two days before and talked to someone named Totia( I guess this is the name,but I am not quite sure.It may be somehing similar).She was supposed to pre check us in( I booked another room for my mother).When we arrived at the hotel,Jessica,one of the front desk agent,gave me keys to both rooms.I booked two different types of rooms,a deluxe queen for mom and a king suíte for my husband and me.However she gave us 2 deluxe queens rooms.I asked why and I was told as I`ve booked them by a hotel wholesaler,Expedia,I had no guaranty of the kind of the room we may have.I have never heard something like this:you book,you pay and you stay in the kind of room you had paid for.Expedia is such a solid company,it doesn`t seem to do it with its customers.I asked for the manager and Mrs Elisa came to help us.The suites were all dirty by that time,and she asked us to stay in the deluxe til ours were ready.We had to leave everything packed and someone would bring them to our room.As a matter of fact it didn`t take that long and we moved our stuff by ourselves.
Despite this bad begining,the hotel is very nice,the king suite is large.Lobby was pretty well decorated.Very good complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: Be sure to get the room you had paid for!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liylly
Write a ReviewReviews (1,414)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great Hotel clean and nice. Good breakfast, american average quality. Be prepared to share space with lots of families in vacation. Staff is well prepared and kind, rooms with space and clean. Good for vacation and business. Pool area seems good, despite I have not used it during my stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Pros: Pool area is very cool at night
Staff was very efficient
Location is next to sea world
Pizza and Starbucks service
Very clean and nice decor

Cons: Breakfast food could be better
Shuttle to sea world has irregular times
15 min. to Universal

Very nice hotel for the money...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank abcxyz38
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Spent ten nights here in April. Situated super close to Seaworld, and about a 15 minute drive to the other parks, it's at the quiet end of International Drive. The room was large, plenty of storage, and a really comfy bed. Daily housekeeping was spot on. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and variety, and always well stocked up. It only started to get busy after 9oclock, but the dining area was large so tables were always available, and the staff made sure tables were quickly cleaned. No complaints about this place whatsoever. Very reasonably priced, wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: Our room was right next door to the elevator but it was not a problem, it didn't disturb us at a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DawnandFrankie
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels in the Orlando area. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly. We have stayed here three times now, and they are always so patient with our kids. We have three kids, so we always book the double with a sofa bed and it fits us all perfectly. The breakfast is complimentary, and quite filling. Get breakfast early to avoid the rush.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and closer to the pool. We find that side of the hotel to be much qu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pepesme
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at this Fairfield Inn on a business trip for four nights. On previous trips we have stayed at the SpringHill Suites located on the same property. Overall, I found the SpringHill Suites slightly better and slightly more expensive. This is a nice hotel. With its proximity to the theme parks, I am sure it sees many families with children which can take its toll on a hotel. This hotel seems to handle it well. On to the review:

1. Check-in was slow. There was one person at the desk and the party in front of me was planning their entire vacation using her as a resource. The desk agent was very patient with the other party and answered all of their questions even though there was a line building behind me. Eventually another person came from the office and started checking people in. I appreciate the front desk's helpfulness and vacation advice, but I think the check-in line should have priority. In all, I waited perhaps 15 minutes to get checked in.

2. The room was nice. Good size and good layout. Everything was clean and fresh. It was next door to the elevator which I thought would be a problem and I was prepared to ask for a different room if the noise was excessive, but it was not a problem at all. My only complaints were that the tub drained slowly on the first day (was fixed immediately when I told the front desk) and the refrigerator hummed/vibrated excessively (was never fixed after telling the front desk). Also, the vent louvers on one of the HVAC unit outlets were broken/snapped out of place, but it was not a major issue as it didn't effect the unit's performance. All else was fine - bathroom was clean, towels were nice, maid service was efficient, bed was comfortable, HVAC worked well and was fairly quiet.

3. Breakfast buffet was good. Good selection (oatmeal, bread/bagels/muffins, fruit, eggs, various sausage, cereals, juices and water). The toasters worked fast which is a blessing. Also, they have the waffle area separated from the rest of the breakfast line - this is great because it moves all of the people waiting on waffles out of the way. It also puts the waffle area closer to the tables so you don't have to go all the way back to the main line. During my stay, there were always tables available, but I'm sure it gets crowded at times. There was plenty of staff working to keep tables cleaned and to keep food stocked.

4. Location - I love this location. Very nice area and convenient to major roadways. A CVS and three restaurants are on the property, within walking distance and very convenient. I like to sit outside the Panera and watch the roller coaster across the street at Seaworld. Traffic is bad sometimes on the area roads, but no worse than anywhere else in Orlando.

5. Pool - pool area is nice and usually crowded. I sat at the patio area next to the pool one day and it was very pleasant. Shaded from the sun and close enough to the pool. I didn't use the pool side snack bar or bar, but they looked fine. The pool area does have some water features for kids.

Again, overall a very good hotel. I would probably stay here again when I'm in the area, primarily because I like the convenience of the hotel location, the quality/quantity of the breakfast and the rooms are reasonably priced for the area.

Room Tip: Ordinarily I would suggest avoiding the rooms next to the elevators, but it was not a problem in thi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank BallMeBlazer
GeneralManager1176, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear BallMeBlazer,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites SeaWorld. The information you shared is greatly appreciated and very helpful in gauging areas of improvement for the hotel. We are gald to hear that after you got checked in you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel and in Orlando. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando.

Have a great day!

Jamie C.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great location is the best thing this hotel has going for it. Otherwise, an average Fairfield Inn. Room overall was okay, room amenities and housekeeping were somewhat below par. Very thin towels; one towel that was in our room upon check-in had a black grease stain on it that I cannot believe was not noticed when it was folded. Housekeeping daily threw out the shampoo and conditioner from the shower, which surprised me the second morning after I was already in the shower, and once they didn't provide replacements at all, leaving us shampoo-less. My wife called and requested extra blankets and ended up having to call a second time because they didn't come (they came very quickly after the 2nd call, though). Little things like that individually aren't that big a deal but they add up and lead to a less than great impression of a hotel. On the plus side, it was nice having room service available, and even if the menu was somewhat limited it was fairly priced. Breakfast was serviceable, and there were lots of waffle makers, though I've never really enjoyed eating from styrofoam plates with flimsy plastic forks and knives - very hard to cut a waffle with a thin, wobbly plastic knife. But there was plenty to eat and it was free, so not too bad. My platinum Marriott status didn't really count for anything, and I was disappointedly not upgraded beyond the standard queen/queen room I had to reserve since I was staying using Marriott promotional free night vouchers. We did face Sea World, which was cool, but wasn't that great since they weren't doing fireworks the week of our visit. It was very convenient having CVS and multiple restaurants in the same parking lot - easy walk to Fridays and Buffalo WW if you can stomach it (we did!). The Sea World quick-queue service available for guests was of limited value since it actually only gives you one line-skip opportunity per ride, not unlimited. The pool area looked like fun but we were unable to take advantage of it. Overall, an ok hotel but I would probably opt for a different Marriott property for my next stay in Orlando.

Room Tip: Opt for a high floor facing Sea World.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TipperNC

Dear TipperNC,

I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback about the housekeeping service and your experience at breakfast.
As a Marriott Rewards member we appreicate your loyalty to our hotel. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate managers to look at further areas of opprotunity and to address the issues you mentioned. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando at SeaWorld.

Jamie C.