“Simply terrific” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Simply terrific”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is an ideal hotel if you are going to SeaWorld or just passing through the Orlando area. While the rooms are typical Fairfield Inn (clean and comfortable), the lobby is truly lovely with an extremely welcoming staff. This hotel is connected to a Springhill Suites by a large outdoor pool area. The pool has a walk- in area "Splash Pool" that is perfect for children and continues to a deeper area which is perfect for swimming. Each hotel also has a nice covered patio area just outside the pool. There is an outside pool bar with perfect lunch items. The two hotels are in a terrific compound with a 24 hour CVS, TGI Fridays, Buffalo Wild Wings and Panera Bread right in the front. To the side is a Wendy's and a KFC. The buses come through on a regular basis to take you to Sea World. We stayed there in May when school was still in session and all the Spring breaks were over.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peanutsNewYork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
scottish borders
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel is clean , tidy and reception staff are very helpful , however we dropped on a week when there was a large party of Colombian teenagers which made the chances of getting a good night sleep impossible as doors were slamming and talking and running up and down corridors went on all night , the breakfast is ok but nothing special and plastic cutlery and polystyrene plates aren't the best . But on a budget without the Colombians you couldn't get much better

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed at this property for one night prior to driving to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise. It was a most pleasant experience. The desk agent was a lovely person by the name of Jessica. She was very sweet and very helpful - kudos to whoever hired her. After a quick check-in Jessica gave me a lovely suite on the fourth floor. The room was very functional with a separate seating area, lovely carpet, HDTV and a comfortable bed. On the downside were the thin towels and the road noise (if you are a light sleeper) from the Central Florida Parkway that the hotel abuts.

I did not avail myself of the "free" breakfast as it looked awful. The Fairfield shares the property with a Springhill Suites so you are free to have breakfast at either property - but both had gross offerings. Springhill also has a Starbucks outpost. The pool area was great but had lots of kids (to be expected) so I didn't bother.

There are plenty of dining options nearby: TGI Friday's, Panera, Wendy's and a great Thai restaurant called Thai Thani.

All in all I'd certainly stay at this property again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BobZAtlanta_Ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Our family was traveling to Orlando for the first time during Spring Break 2014, so finding a good reasonably priced hotel was important. I read the reviews for this hotel and thought to be good enough to try. My daughter loved the pool pictures.

When we arrived, the receptionist was extremely nice and friendly. The room was a typical hotel room although it did have an uncomfortable smell but it was fixed when we requested an upgrade. That solved the problem. The morning breakfast was good, they had a variety although the plates and utensil were not that sturdy. It's does get busy after 8am, making it difficult to find where to sit but it's possible. They have a Starbucks at the Springhills Inn which is adjacent to the Fairfield Inn. The barista Annabel, I think that was her name, was really friendly.

I have to recommend this hotel. Read the reviews because you WILL help you decide, it help us and we will be going back! I hope this review is helpful. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Luvlyeyes
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked this hotel for four nights.I prefered to pay a night in advance because I was supposed to check in early in the morning the following day.I called the hotel two days before and talked to someone named Totia( I guess this is the name,but I am not quite sure.It may be somehing similar).She was supposed to pre check us in( I booked another room for my mother).When we arrived at the hotel,Jessica,one of the front desk agent,gave me keys to both rooms.I booked two different types of rooms,a deluxe queen for mom and a king suíte for my husband and me.However she gave us 2 deluxe queens rooms.I asked why and I was told as I`ve booked them by a hotel wholesaler,Expedia,I had no guaranty of the kind of the room we may have.I have never heard something like this:you book,you pay and you stay in the kind of room you had paid for.Expedia is such a solid company,it doesn`t seem to do it with its customers.I asked for the manager and Mrs Elisa came to help us.The suites were all dirty by that time,and she asked us to stay in the deluxe til ours were ready.We had to leave everything packed and someone would bring them to our room.As a matter of fact it didn`t take that long and we moved our stuff by ourselves.
Despite this bad begining,the hotel is very nice,the king suite is large.Lobby was pretty well decorated.Very good complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: Be sure to get the room you had paid for!!!