“nice hotel, great value”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #48 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Vero Beach
“nice hotel, great value”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I just stayed for a New Year's Eve visit to Sea World. I chose the location for easy driving to the park and was pleasantly surprised to find out the shuttle back and forth to the park ran very often, so no hassle driving on a busy night. The rooms are nice, I especially like the separate toliet room with sink. This was important for 3 adults getting ready the next morning, someone could shower while someone else could shave in the other "bathroom". The queen size beds were a bit soft for me, but my parents had no complaint about the firmness. The room only has a half wall separation between the sitting area and bedroom area so the TV on late at night still disturbed those in bed. There's a mini fridge and microwave, great for cold sodas and snacks. Breakfast the next morning included hot items like scrambled eggs and waffles. Definitely a nice place to stay for the location to Sea World and International Drive.

1 Thank Terri D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Polish first
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My fiance and I stayed here 5 nights the week before Christmas and we did not want to leave. We paid $99 a night and got one night free. Very quick check-in and the staff are so friendly. None of the workers passed by without saying, "How are you?" The rooms are so spacious and modern. Everything is CLEAN. The pool area was great (bar, hot tub, heated pool). Free breakfast had a limited variety food but it's free so we can't complain. If you want quick passes, go to counter the day before you go to Sea World and get them -- they are well worth it. We used the seaworld bus everyday and they even have one that takes you to Universal so you don't have to pay for parking. CVS and TGIF are walking distance from the hotel which is very convenient. If the rates do not go up much, we will definately stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed there just before Christmas to visit theme parks including Sea World. I made a reservation in the last minute, but I got a great rate using AAA and still was eligible for the fourth night free. The hotel was perfect for my family of five, with a clean, new and spacious room with a fridge and microwave, free parking, free breakfast, and a nice swimming pool with a hot tub. My kids especially enjoyed the heated pool, but we thought the breakfast could be improved a little. We ended up driving to Sea World as we missed the free shuttle there, but we didn't want to wait till the next one. I was told it would take half an hour if we walked there. I also liked that the check-out time was noon.

1 Thank tonari
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We were very surprised how mice this hotel was for the pricel. The staff was lovely and very professional. Our room easily slept 5 of us (2 doubles and a pull out couch) and we didn't feel cramped at all. Everything was very clean and nothing looked worn. I especially loved the shower with the extra shower heads for the body.

This is a great place to stay if you plan to visit Sea World because you get complimentary quick queue passes. Although you should visit concierge at 7:00 am when they open because the tickets are on a first come, first serve basis and they can run out. On my first visit here (a holiday weekend), this happened.

The hotel also comes with free breakfast which was wonderful because they had eggs and waffles. It can get quite busy though. We will definately be staying here often for our Sea World trips.

2 Thank Mirrasi
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This hotel was perfect. It is in the same parking lot as Fairfield, but not on the main drag the way that Fairfield is. Our room was pretty quiet (except for the fireworks at SeaWorld, and those were pretty cool). Friendly front desk staff allowed us to check in early. The free shuttle does not travel all that often, but provides a clear schedule and was as accommodating as they could be. (And the hotel is pretty close to SeaWorld, so if you're in a bind, you can either take the I-Ride or a cab from the park if need be.) After a long day, my 3yo twins were not fit for dinner in public, so the TGI Fridays in the parking lot of the hotel will deliver to your room and charge it to your room. We love Spring Hill for the space and convenience for our family of four, and this hotel was extraordinarily convenient for our sightseeing/ exhausted family needs. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Want2gothere2
North Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This hotel was recommended to me by someone who frequently visits the area, and was everything and more that I heard. Several of my colleagues also stayed at this hotel while we were all in town for a conference. The architecture is strange and refreshing (not the usual hotel interiors), the staff were super friendly, and the breakfast was great (with plenty of seating). The rooms were huge (and spotless)--I felt guilty being in a room by myself.

Due to its proximity to Seaworld (literally across the street), it definitely is a family friendly place that probably has a huge amount of children during peak season. But, if traveling on business during off peak, this place is convenient to the Orlando Convention Center and will not disappoint, along with much better prices. Note that a car is desired (I was glad I had a rental car).

Would definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone planning a trip in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Eman R
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We arrived at 6am having travelled all the way from New Zealand, our room was ready for us and we were able to check in right away, this was just fantastic. The room was large, clean and and quiet. Wi-Fi worked well. It is well located, we walked lots and caught public transport easily. Especially appreciated the inclusion of breakfast, it just made everything so easy. Thank you to the helpful team at SpringHill Suites.

Room Tip: We went for the room located away from the lift and on a lower level.