“Beautiful Hotel But No So Good Housekeeping”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #49 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here May 1st, 2014...Great hotel and great breakfast and the people at the front desk are wonderful. The only draw back is the housekeeping. Hair in the shower and in the soap dish by the sink. When you walked on the carpet barefoot in the bedroom, then took a shower you could see the black soot/dirt running down the drain in the shower. I was there for one night and had a late check out and in the early morning of my check out, housekeeping was knocking on my door to clean the room.They should know by there housekeeping log that I am a check out at noon, not 8:30 A.M. and that I had a late check out for 2:00 P.M...I called the front desk and told them about the dirty room and the knocking at the door. About 1 1/2 hours later the dirty laundry guy from housekeeping was knocking on my door looking for dirty linen. I had a do not disturb sign on my door...It magically dissapeared. I called the front desk and complained once again. They said they already told housekeeping and was sorry. So much for my extra few hours sleep. I checked out. Now, you would think with all the problems I had that there would be some sort of compensation. There was not. Just a couple of I am sorries and a receipt for my stay. I would have started being a regular here if I had been taken care of better. I was going to rate this a 3 until the way I was treated at check out. I some how should have been comensated. I won't be back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Robert N
GeneralManager1176, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Hello Robert N.
On behalf of the housekeeping department and the entire hotel I would like to apologize for your experience at our hotel. Here at the Springhill Suites we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and an extraordinary housekeeping experience throughout each and every stay. The fact that you experienced and Issue is unacceptable to us and we are truly sorry. We will look into your comments and will do everything we can to rectify the situation. Thank you for your feedback we truly appreciate it. Only with guest’s feedback can we continue to improve our service and our hotel. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.Thank you again and we hope to see you soon at the Springhill Suites at Sea World.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Chose this hotel for location. It is actually connected with the Fairfield Inn next door as both are Marriott Hotels. Our room was odd shaped with two sections of bathroom...the first was a vanity and toilet and next door to that was the other unit with vanity and shower. The carpeting was stained, the pull out sofa was shabby and worn down and the room was freezing despite turning up the thermostat. The phones had no dial tone so my husband went down to the desk to ask for blankets. He inquired why we didn't get a handicapped room with walk in shower as requested. (They didn't look at the request on check in). With that, a porter came and got our belongings and wheeled us over to the Fairfield next door where we had a great, handicapped room with new carpeting. Now the downside, in the morning we discovered the hairblower did not work and the toilet leaked water all over the floor. The positive...their breakfast was decent, the staff was ok and the location was great. Look at other options in the area is my advice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank watsonc49201
GeneralManager1176, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear watsonc49201,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the SpringHill and Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando at SeaWorld. Please accept my sincere apology that we let you down during your recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on service excellence and it was disappointing that we did not provide the service that you have come to expect with our brand. I truly appreciate your feedback as it will help our management team continue to improve and strive towards providing great service every stay. Your comments have been shared with our leadership team members so we can look for further opportunity and to address the specific feedback you provided.

If you are ever in our area again, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly so that we can be sure to show you what great service we can provide. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future here at the SpringHill Suites and Fairfield Inn and Suites Orlando at SeaWorld.

Jamie C.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations, despite having read such good reviews here.

Let me start by saying what a great quiet location the hotel is in - there are restaurants and supermarkets within a 2 mins walk. Disney, Universal and outlets are all within 15-20 mins by car. Location is quiet at the same time, so you can get away from the crowds even during Easter.

The hotel also has very ample free parking, and even during the busiest time in Easter, finding parking at any time wasn't an issue.

The rooms are really spacious - we were 4 people in one room and had plenty of space for all of us and our belongings. The room was clean thoroughly on daily basis - probably one of the best cleaning services. I have experienced in a hotel. The beds are so comfortable too!

In addition, the hotel common areas and amenities are kept in very good order and the pool opens from very early until 11am, which is great when coming late from the parks.

The staff is so helpful and friendly and they are always happy to help.

If I had to pinpoint anything negative it would be the quality of the breakfast which is not great and there isn't much variety either.
Also, there is no safe in the rooms, which is not a deal breaker but something that I find convenient when staying abroad.

Overall, this hotel to me is a gem and would certainly stay there again if I return to Orlando.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DublinLena
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you have vacationed in Orlando during Spring Break you know how crowded and hectic things can be. Well, not at this hotel. The SpringHill Suites Orlando at Seaworld is a stress free experience. The hotel is located on International Drive near the entrance to Seaworld. The hotel is very modern (looks and feel brand new) with excellent rooms and an very friendly staff. At the pool area is a cabana type bar with a full drink menu and adequate food service. Within a few hundred feet of the hotel (true walking distance) is a TGI Friday's, Buffalo Wild Wings, fast food restaurants and a CVS and Walgreens. The hotel also provides constant bus service (free of charge) to Seaworld and Disney parks. I found the room rate to be very reasonable and family affordable. A definite recommendation for your Orlando experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank backermanpa
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here several nights to visit some attractions close to the hotel, including Sea World.
The guy at the front desk was very friendly and patient. Cleaning staff were good too, including the staff that helped in the breakfasts in the morning. One of the ladies there was very quick to go around tables and clean up empty trays and plates.

PROS
- site is close to Sea World and offers a shuttle to the park and back
- site appears to be newer in age and was clean
- staff were friendly and willing to switch up rooms if need be
- Springhill rooms were classic and had the separate washroom from shower room option
- lots of parking
- pretty well lit parking lot
- morning breakfast was good and had enough variety
- outdoor pool was present with a warm wading hot-tub type of smaller pool

CONS
- outside lighting on building caused a significant amount of secondary light to enter room windows and drapes don't really seal window well to keep out all light. Was actually somewhat bothersome.
- American queen size beds seem to be smaller than Canadian Queens it seems....

Overall though we liked the place and had a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ranger-Reeko
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was easily one of the friendliest hotels I've ever visited. I was there for 4 nights at a trade show, and literally every employee went above and beyond when I asked them a question. They went out of their way to find me a shipping box, call the local FedEx store, and even get me some tape for the box! (and this was only one example).

I highly recommend this hotel to all!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here during a convention and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very clean and well maintained and the staff are all so friendly and helpful. Really, what more do you need?

The rooms were spacious and well appointed. We had good help from the desk staff and concierge on requests as well as area information.

The pool area is nice and gives you the feeling of being away from concrete and roads yet the hotel is close to so much. We were literally minutes from the convention centre, sea world and all the restaurants and tourist hotspots along International Drive. The concession by the pool served some fun foods and drinks and made it very convenient for us. We had two kids who spent a lot of time by the pool and felt very safe.

Good choice to stay at.