This is our third time at old key west, we are not disney vacation club members, but choose this resort as it is more spacious, the rooms are larger, we upgraded to the 1 bed villa as we were staying for 3 weeks and wanted extra space. The bedroom is very large with huge bed, a double jacuzzi bath and sink off and through to shower room with large shower cubicle, wash basin and toilet. Off the hall is a utility room with large washer and dryer with ironing board and iron. The lounge, kitchen is very spacious with american size fridge, oven, plus dishwasher, everything you should need for your stay. There are 2 sofa's one is a double bed, a single chair which converts to a single bed. Coffee table and dining table for four, plus veranda with table and chairs for 4. Non club members get rooms made up each day, they come at a suitable time, not waking you early! They clean, empty bins, make beds (the sofa beds have to be made up by yourself unfortunately), clean kitchen bathroom etc. They leave washing powder washing liquid, filter coffee sugar and creamer. Although we go on the food included option at disney we also take a trip to the nearest supermarket by taxi to get things that the children like eg cereals, fruit and drinks for ourselves which can work out expensive at Disney. It's nice to sit and have a relaxing drink after a day at the parks!. The hospitality area of the resort has many activities for children and give you a weekly timetable of events. They have about 8 things going on each day eg brooch making, shark necklaces 50% of these incur a cost but the rest like pool games are good fun and the kids and adults are given small prizes, at no cost. at 6 o'clock each eve they light a fire pit and toast marshmallows and show a disney film outdoors near the pool. The club room allows children to colour, play pool, ice hockey etc whenever they want. We had a fabulous night on halloween, when they organised a sweet trail. During our stays we have visited most of the pools on site and they are all kept very clean. The resort is very clean. It is also very natural looking with lots of water and palm trees. We have never encountered hoards of people around the pools. The main one is the busiest, the others can feel as if they are all to yourselves. The buses are mostly good, you can occasionally wait as several buses go to the same place, but this is also common at other disney resorts. At the reception desk they make balloon models for the children too. Its all these special things that make it a bit different. It is not decorated up to the hills with Disney stuff but I for one can take that after you've spent all day at a disney park. Its close to the disney water parks too so its easy to send a morning at a waterpark and go back to change at the resort before setting out again. You can also catch a boat to downtown.
We have always found the resort clean and the rooms kept clean, the main bed and linen was replace every few days and when we asked for extra washing powder, seceral boxes were left for us ( young children can make a mess with lollies in the sun).
Anyway all I can say is we shall return when we can, it feels like a holiday in an exotic location as well as the busy Disney holiday. We stayed in October this year, last year and December the year before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp and HotelsClick so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort
- Disney's Old Key West Resort Orlando, Florida