My family and I (husband and two teenage daughters) stayed for eight days at Disney's Old Key West resort. The check in process was very fast and easy. It took us less than 10 minutes to get our rooms keys and have our dining plan put on the cards. After that we went to the guest services counter to buy our annual passes. Again, this was very fast and easy.
The resort itself is very large. Our room was in the Turtle creek area of the resort and while this is close enough to the hospitality house to walk, it always seemed like we were the last stop on the bus route. The bus stop is less than a five minute walk from any of the rooms making it very convenient to use.
We used our DVC points to rent a one bedroom and a studio room. The front desk put these two rooms next to each other so we were able to open the connecting doors and have a very large apartment for the week. The rooms are very large. There is a large living area with a sofa, love seat and chair. There is also a dining area with 4 chairs. The kitchen is large enough for two people to easily work together without being under foot. All of this is contained in one large room making it very family friendly. The balcony overlooked a small lake. The master bedroom has a king bed, large t.v. and storage trunk. It opens onto it's own private bathroom with spa tub. There is also a shower, toilet and sink in the other part of the bathroom. The laundry room is right off the master bedroom. The smaller bedroom has two queen beds, a dining table with two chairs, a kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave and sink and a small bathroom. It was just enough room for my two teens.
The only downside of the building we stayed in is that it is not handicapped accessible. There is no elevator and being on the second floor made it impossible for my parents to come to our room. This was not a huge deal but the next time I will be sure to ask for an accessible room, just in case.
Overall, our trip to Walt Disney World was wonderful and having such a large apartment to come back to at night really made the difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort
- Disney's Old Key West Resort Orlando, Florida